FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Blogs

Greetings!

Philosophy, computers, plumage.
Old

I'm in ur toobz, hidin' ur spam.

Posted 10-24-2008 at 03:39 PM by Dromiceius
I know I'm hardly the only person who hates Youtube comments. I am, however, the first person I know of to implement the particular solution I wanted to try.

I wrote a GreaseMonkey script, mainly to see how well I could isolate the signal from the noise. My method was to filter out internet-isms, lol-speak, and a few words that tend to occur in e-penis duels.

The code itself isn't complicated. It matches every comment against a bunch of regular expressions,...
Administrator
Posted in Computers
Old

Fun with AutoHotkey

Posted 09-14-2008 at 03:27 PM by Dromiceius
Random bit of trivia: I don't use a mouse anymore. I have a mouse- it sits on one of the stacks of CDs on the shelf above my monitor. The batteries died in... March, I think, and I never bothered to replace them because I've replaced the mouse itself with an elaborate system of hotkeys.

I'm not exactly sure how this system evolved. It started when I began using AutoHotkey to set up some shortcuts. Each weekend I'd sit down and cook up an even bigger hack than the week before, and...
Administrator
Posted in Computers
Old

Vocalise

Posted 08-23-2008 at 07:18 AM by Dromiceius
Ravel's "Piece in Forme Habanera"

http://www.videogamepianist.com/audio.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYao4-hWQCk

Lovely, isn't it?

Words are cheap and tawdry by comparison... which might explain my absence from this text-based milieu.

I dusted off my old keyboard some time ago- literally. It's filthy. I decided to re-learn, and maybe to do it right this time. Tonight I began learning an old favorite.

Administrator
Posted in Philosophy
Old

Hmm.

Posted 07-30-2008 at 10:35 AM by Dromiceius
Administrator
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Death Note. Ending. Sucked.

Posted 07-05-2008 at 08:59 AM by Dromiceius
If you haven't seen/finished watching Death Note, you probably shouldn't read this.

I saw the ending a few hours ago. I didn't want to, really; the whole series saw an exponential increase in suckitude starting when L died. I was more than willing to pretend that the plot ended right there.

That ending would have been real. It would have been complete. The climax at that point is absolute; we're emotionally drained, and there are no unanswered questions left. With L...
Administrator
Posted in Plumage