FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Blogs > The Emu's Roost

Greetings!

Philosophy, computers, plumage.
Plumage How to cope with premature molting.
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Death Note. Ending. Sucked.

Posted 07-05-2008 at 08:59 AM by Dromiceius
If you haven't seen/finished watching Death Note, you probably shouldn't read this.

I saw the ending a few hours ago. I didn't want to, really; the whole series saw an exponential increase in suckitude starting when L died. I was more than willing to pretend that the plot ended right there.

That ending would have been real. It would have been complete. The climax at that point is absolute; we're emotionally drained, and there are no unanswered questions left. With L...
Administrator
Posted in Plumage
Old

You can hear the cry of the planet

Posted 07-02-2008 at 12:37 PM by Dromiceius
I couldn't read this story without thinking of Final Fantasy VII.

As the story in the game goes, if you sit very still, you can hear man's environmental abuse manifested in an ethereal wailing, emitted by the planet.

It's silly- trite, even, to think of this story as some sort of parallel, perhaps manifested of a slightly higher stratum of the earth than FF7's lifestream... and yet, if our own zeitgeist were so manifested, wouldn't this discordant, angry shrieking be...
Administrator
Posted in Plumage
Old

Anti-smoking campaign

Posted 06-28-2008 at 05:18 AM by Dromiceius
Anti-smoking legislation should have skipped all those health warnings and forced the tobacco companies to call their products "cocks."

They're pretty phallic to begin with. Just imagine if all the innuendo in the slogans were made a touch more literal...

Virginia Slims Women Cocks
Slogans: It's a Woman's Thing

Strand Cocks
Advertising slogan: You're never alone with a Strand

Doral Cocks
Slogan: Taste Me!
Administrator
Posted in Plumage
Old

Mental vacuum

Posted 06-09-2008 at 02:19 PM by Dromiceius
One thing I've noticed in the last several years, is that there's a direct correlation between me talking to stupid people, and me becoming stupid. It's absurd. Like getting sucked into daytime soap operas. It's neurotoxic, clearly.

Stupid people care more about seeming to be intelligent to make up for their being mentally retarded. They use spurious reasoning because they're busy being on that wavelength, even though the people around them may not be so concerned about primitive,...
Administrator
Posted in Plumage
Old

Writing is hard

Posted 06-04-2008 at 03:09 PM by Dromiceius
In my endeavor to master six programming languages, I've set up a number of sub-projects. Some are more ambitious than others, some require other skills that I ought to have learned already.

It's my intention to create as one of these projects a short, sweet adventure game in C++, using the OpenGL and SDL APIs. Of course, I've intended to do that dozens of times, but it's never really come to anything. The reason is that in all instances, I've failed to create a narrative that I'm...
Administrator
Posted in Plumage