FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Blogs

Greetings!

Old

Inglorious Basterds - the new Tarantino movie

Posted 08-16-2009 at 03:59 PM by Andy
I went to see a preview of this movie recently. Though I am not a whole hearted Tarintino fan I do think - for a period of his early career - he was a brilliant recycler of cinematic tropes; I doubt his 'genius' however.

He has stated in interviews that he wants, most of all, to 'do his own thing' and I think in 'Inglorious Basterds' we witness, quite explictly, what this means and how it reflects on him as an artist. Is Tarantino a man who can deal effectively with a weighty theme...
Veteran
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Posted 01-04-2009 at 12:04 PM by Andy
Hello and welcome

to the year 2009. There is no guarantee. Only, I assure you, more misery. More misery. And. Well, the unexpected stuff that, well, sir, madam, is partially expected...

What's new?

I have no idea. I know we plough, we plough, and our ploughs are blunt and the soil is thin. Why is this? Is it society's fault or is it ours?

Or am I talking rubbish?

Is it that all is bright and blooming and we are fresh...
Veteran
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

TRUST.

Posted 10-11-2008 at 11:40 PM by Andy
Updated 10-12-2008 at 12:34 AM by Andy
There was a thread begun recently but I want to have my own say on this subject here.

Trust is like air. It is everywhere and entirely necessary and similarily taken for granted until it is betrayed. That is why we are likely to take it lightly; we may even fool ourselves -feeling all post modern and intellectually sophisticated- that it doesn't really matter.

I would disagree with this possible conclusion. I would even go as far to say that it would almost be as foolish
Veteran
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A Word About The Coyote Boys.

Posted 10-01-2008 at 10:38 PM by Andy
Well, I wrote a short story recently that you may or may not have seen. Go here to be enthralled.

What it is about I would think becomes fairly clear as the psychology and actions play out; this, surely, is not my, or your, idea of a 'good night out'. But for some it is; whether they act or not is something else but they are potential killers.

We know deep down why this is so don't we? If a human being never gets the care and attention they need and are always surrounded
Veteran
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

THE OBAMA FACTOR.

Posted 08-30-2008 at 03:46 PM by Andy
People should wake up and see how symbolic political acts and identities are, particularly in the US -where image, more than any other facet, finally seems to sway psychology both within politics and throughout national life in general. Why have things grown so empty? Perhaps it is because we are more aware of the lack of substance behind things. The pace of change -technological, social, international -picked up to such a degree that by the end of the Twentieth Century 'facts' and 'reality' became...
Veteran
Posted in Uncategorized