FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Blogs > scifreak

Greetings!

Rate this Entry

What causes the gravitational forces???

Posted 01-15-2009 at 02:17 PM by scifreak
Now as the books say the gravitational force is :-a natural phenomenon by which objects with mass attract one anotherand everyone even in north pole or south pole wont fall of earth because of these forces... But what causes gravity?? what causes these forces??? as i think we r attracted towards the earth without falling of is the centripetal force that is acting on us due to the rotation of the earth and we can find that force...

if the mass of a man is 40kg then we can use the equation F=mr(2πT) and the value of m is 40 and the value of r is (64001000)and and the value of T is (243600)... so then the answer we get is 18616.84N.... If such a centripetal force acts on us how can we weigh so small.... ???? i am really confused.... i am sorry this post may be lame but it really bothers me... i am no genius
Total Comments 1

Comments

Old
there is no need for math to figure out your problem. Just visualize gravity as a warping of space, as Einstein has proposed. Then you will realize that we live at the bottom of a gravity well.