Galaxy Quest

Pros:
-Hilarious!
-Outstanding plot and dialogue
-Surprisingly impressive visual effects
-Great for a sci-fi fan!

Cons:
-None

Looking at the previews for this movie, Galaxy Quest looked to be extremely cheesy. After watching the movie, I was right: it was cheesy - but cheesy in the best way possible! This is simply the best Star Trek parody out there. It pokes fun at many Star Trek elements, and yet Galaxy Quest has its own unique and impressive plot. It’s not a complete “slapstick” kind of parody, but a parody with its own deep storyline. The dialogue, jokes, one-liners, and most of the action sequences were extremely funny! Tim Allen playing as the overly egotistical TV actor/captain played his character flawlessly. The “Guy” crewman simply cracked me up every time he spoke a word! I was also pleasantly surprised by the great special effects. The “Rock Monster” was particularly my favorite. This movie is unquestionably a must-see for any sci-fi fan. Go watch it now!

Grade: A

Grading Scale:
A = Outstanding and Innovative. A suspenseful and thought-provoking movie with originality and great direction.
B = Good. Nothing spectacular but otherwise a good, solid movie.
C = Fair. An average, lackluster movie that has some redeeming values.
D = Poorly done movie with major flaws in plot and direction. The story is usually confusing or uninteresting. Not recommended.
F = Completely Worthless.
Posted in Movie Reviews
Comments 3 Email Blog Entry
Total Comments 3

Comments

Old
Hells ya!

Old
This movie is definitely a classic. I love how Sigourney Weaver's primary function is to just repeat what the computer says, and then when she freaks out about it being her only job. Hilariousnessosity to the max.
Old
Very cool film. Clever but light and hilarious, doubly if you get all the references. As a friend of mine said, its rare you get just straightforward good movies nowadays.

Recent Blog Entries by icest0rm