FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Philosophy > The Mind

Greetings!

The Mind Post your inquiries into the human mind. Topics include cognition, emotion, behaviors, and dreaming.

Old 12-25-2006, 08:17 AM
afflicted

happiness is

Where are you happy now?
What is happiness?

If you look for it, you can see happiness in people that just seems out of place but is, never the less, happiness. I guess it sometimes looks odd because it is happiness translated through their context.

I hear people say true happiness is, and then they fill in the blank with what they think makes them happy. I suspect that whatever that thing is really only helps them be happy and what they are really doing is just being, and being happy.
I think happiness just is and either you have affirmed how to have it at the time, or you have affirm something else and nothing is absolute, what do you think?

So happiness must just be one of the vibes of the universe. Happiness just is.

Are you happy?
What is happiness to you?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Banned

Happiness is getting raped when you don't want to.

This is stupid.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcisahole
Are you happy?
What is happiness to you?
Babies are not happy 100% all of the time, until we learn how to do that adults will never learn to be 100% happy.

Attention makes baby happy and adults too. My baby smiles and laughs just when she see's me but cries when I am not in her view. Or I can just pull the tail on her bunny and rock a bye baby plays and she's happy. She's happy when she hears me laugh, she's happy when she see's her bottle of milk, she's happy when I change her diaper, she's happy when she is strapped to me on snuggli doing housework, she's happy when she get's to go in her car seat. She's always happy in her stroller and strangers take a peak at her and they smile, that makes her smile and laugh.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:42 PM
Misfit

If you think about it, the most attention a person ever has is when they are a baby, when they have marriage and when they are laying on their death bed. Those are the 3 most celebrated events in life.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:10 PM
Misfit

I forgot to answer the question, are I happy.

Considering I had a fucked childhood, a fucked marriage, I might be happy when I die but I won't ever live to tell about it.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:49 PM
afflicted

Well if all that you consider is how fucked your life was, then it's like a choice to not be happy in the present. I am sure you must consider how good it is now from time to time too, am I right?

I had a fucked childhood too, and I assure you it, was worse than yours. I don't say that to discount yours. But to point out that at least you lived through it and have things to be happy about now.

I used to use mine as a excuse for destroying my own possibility of happiness all the time.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Misfit

Quote:
I am sure you must consider how good it is now from time to time too, am I right?
No, things keep getting worse. It's one thing to know you are worthless and it's another to know that your marriage only cost a box of 3 condoms. The excuses for buying the condoms were cheaper than the value of the marriage, so not much thought was put into the box. But it is the thought that counts so that amounts to a little credit. But I don't think spending more than you make is wise either. But I did get a sprained finger, so that figures something too right? nevermind.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:16 PM
afflicted

You are such a liar, but that’s ok, I can let you lie to me.
You are happy about your baby, it is obvious, you are just morbid in other ways and want to stay that way right now so you don't acknowledge now where you are happy openly.

I hope your baby doesn't grow up and hate you for it, or is that also the plan?
I see that plan play out a lot.
Or is all this an act for FC.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:07 PM
Misfit

I haven't accused you of anything, why do you accuse me?

I told you the three things that I think are happiest in life, being a baby (because of the attention), being married (because of the attention), laying on a death bed (because of the attention).

I am no longer a baby, but will always be a little girl at heart. There is no attention in my marriage and like I said, I'll know about being happy when I die but I won't live to tell about it.

Also, I had no intention on being a single parent again, but I am. I knew before the baby was brought to life her life would be difficult. If she hates me for bringing her to life, so be it. I was just a vessel she came through, I do what I can to make her happy. Up until a certain point, she will be on her own until she gets married.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:44 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit

I told you the three things that I think are happiest in life, being a baby (because of the attention), being married (because of the attention), laying on a death bed (because of the attention).

I am no longer a baby, but will always be a little girl at heart. There is no attention in my marriage and like I said, I'll know about being happy when I die but I won't live to tell about it.
Also, I had no intention on being a single parent again, but I am. I knew before the baby was brought to life her life would be difficult. If she hates me for bringing her to life, so be it. I was just a vessel she came through, I do what I can to make her happy. Up until a certain point, she will be on her own until she gets married.
dead is hard thing I think, life is much easier but anyway you have
very very very long time to be dead so try not to be dead while you are
alive, enjoy it

Action may not always bring happiness; but there
is no happiness without action.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:45 PM
afflicted

Quote:
Because you answered my thread about happiness with morbid sadness, and to be fair you did talk about your baby and hinted at how happy you were about it. You offered a broad picture of your psychological condition; I thought you wanted it commented on, sorry.
I thought your sadness was relevant because you have traded your happiness for it.
I am not really accusing you, I am working with what you already validated in conversation.

Quote:

I understand it is hard to be an adult and not loose your child inside at the same time. Well, if growing up means to become a mean person to you anyway; yes that makes sense to me. That must be how you conceive of someone growing up? Just a question…

Some choose to not grow up because of this. You didn’t get the attention you needed; I understand these choices you have made. You refuse to grow in your heart and will take the unhappiness that choice creates for you with you till you die and as another choice. This is very common and normal.

Quote:
I am relatively certain that this is similar to the up bringing you experienced. You don’t own the world a damn thing, why should you go out of your way to change it, just pass it on.

Look, if you don’t want to talk about this stuff, then don’t talk to me about it, I think that is fair.
But you must have wanted to on some level. Be careful there, you may be looking for something unconsciously, and if you are you may find it before you can stop yourself consciously. LOL

Come on laugh at yourself, you brought it up...
Old 12-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Misfit

Quote:
Come on laugh at yourself, you brought it up...
Shut the fuck up. Making other people happy all the time does not make me happy.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:05 PM
afflicted

Ok, I'm sorry, it was an unreasonable request. You may fuck off now.

Maybe you could start a thread called "Happiness isn't".
I promise to not be happy about it if you do. (fingers crossed)
Old 12-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Misfit

Quote:
Maybe you could start a thread called "Happiness isn't".
I promise to not be happy about it if you do. (fingers crossed)
Keep hoping.

Unhappiness isn't having your ass washed in the sink by your personal servant every time you shit yourself. Unhappiness is having to wallow in your own shit.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Adept

Send a message via MSN to the_bongsmith
I'm happy pretty much all the time. Happiness is a choice that you make at each moment. sure I waver back and forth, but I enjoy the game of life. If you are unhappy right now then its nobody's fault but yours.

I had a messed up childhood. I wont get into details but heres a few words to sum it up: Foster homes, death, molestation, hatred, rape and rejection by everyone who I thought loved me.

I let the past go a long time ago and I chose to look ahead. If you cant see that your life is going to be great and happy then it wont be. Take the time to notice how wonderful this world is. There is many bad things but there is as many if not more good things around. Love yourself, Love life and choose to enjoy it. Happieness is your choice. make it.