FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Philosophy > General Philosophy

Greetings!

General Philosophy Thought-provoking, philosophical discussions.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:41 AM
Time M0derat0r

Exclamation Doomsday 2012!! you beleive??

Important
Proceed reading if you know about the Doomsday 2012 or, something like the world's end on the december 21st 2012.

Doomsday 2012.

According to the mayan calendar the world's going to end soon eh?? Are we going to be extint on the 21st December 2012, or is it just a fake prohecy by the mayan's and also a small proportion from the egyptians. Why does the mayan calendar end suddenly on that date. Is it to state that the world's going to end on that day or is it that that was the mere limit of their calendar.

It sacres me when I oftenly think of this philosophy, may it be true or false. oh, and btw, i'm still waiting to watch that newly released movie "The day the earth stood still". I've watched a documentary called the "Doomsday 2012" I think it was done by the History Channel. This documentary was the main reason that I'd KIND OF started beliveing in this theory. According to most people they don't give a shit bout this. Even the fox news mocked this theory. I also happened to hear abouit the particle accelerator which the english scientist are are building, but possibly completed building it. And they say that they are going to start the experiment on the 21st of december 2012. The experiment is supposed to be highly a risky one as it involves in dealing with matter and anti-matter, which if combines could give birth to a black hole. The rest i don't thinbk i'd need to tell if a black hole will be created in the earth
If you don;t know find it out yourself

Anyway, if you people have any opinions about this theory, please do not hesitate to reply to this thread.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:53 AM
True or Dead

Send a message via ICQ to zuozuo Send a message via AIM to zuozuo
I can't believe in it, my death clock is 2056(www.deathclock.com)

...and i'm not one of Eschatos

NY is Answer!
Old 01-22-2009, 05:07 AM
Peditum Senectus

The Mayans just never got around to making the next calendar or nobody was able to find a copy. However, if you really think it's going to be The End, would you mind signing over all of your assets to me on 20DEC2012 to underscore your belief? You won't be needing them anyway, right?
Old 01-22-2009, 05:28 AM
Time M0derat0r

Colonel gud one...
I was thinking, If the world's going to end, I mighjt as well take a bank loan of about 1 Million US Dollars on the 1st of january 2012. So, I'd enjoy life before I die.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:32 AM
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Kzirb
Haha, lets hope it doesn't turn in to a self fulfilling prophecy...
Old 01-22-2009, 05:54 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dragon Send a message via MSN to Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon
*Shudders at that thought....*
Old 01-22-2009, 05:55 AM
Peditum Senectus

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplenova View Post
Colonel gud one...
I was thinking, If the world's going to end, I mighjt as well take a bank loan of about 1 Million US Dollars on the 1st of january 2012. So, I'd enjoy life before I die.

Well, it is certainly not without precedent.

http://www.johnreilly.info/tgd.htm

I hope simplenova is not so taken but if anyone else is, I will provide the pertinent information for transfer.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:42 AM
i drop teh drama bombs

I hope so, I want to see something "new".

You mean LHC?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:35 AM
The inquisitive thinker

I disagree I believe the world won't end but it probably means a new opening
Old 01-23-2009, 07:25 AM
Time M0derat0r

Oranphil
Well you think it won't end but you did mention about "New Opening", that means you do beleive that something might happen on that day .. Right??
Old 01-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Advanced

Send a message via Yahoo to scifreak
Thumbs up

One thing i know is that even the scientists who are working on the LHC[Large Hadron Collider ] predict that there is a possibility of the creation of Black holes... But as they say the blackholes will be microscopic so they would dissolve into thin air... Who knows ... things can go wrong smetimes...

but i watched a documentry and a physicist said...
"there are over 3000 physicist who obviously have PHD's who work inside the LHC calculating and predicting about what will happen ... so the LHC is not a dream of a little kid... ''

he has a point right... i mean as i think people in the LHC are doing theiir maximum to make it safe... but everyone should understand that every human being has a limit to their work... so who knows anythn can happen...

We cant consider Mayans as idiots.... They were extremely good mathematicians i mean as to the resources they had... As they say that the usual calendar is useless after 2012 december 21st.... thats it... i didnt hear about them predicting about extinction of humans.....

But i found this in a site that a famous Researcher Patric Geryl predicting about 2012.....
"The Pole Shift in 2012

Author Patrick Geryl came to the staggering conclusion that the Earth will soon be subjected to an immense disaster. The cause: upheavals in the sun's magnetic fields will generate gigantic solar flares that will affect the polarity of the entire Earth. The result: our magnetic field will reverse all at once, with catastrophic consequences for humanity.

Massive earthquakes will demolish all buildings on the planet, and instigate colossal tsunamis and intense volcanic activity. In fact, the Earth's crust will shift, sweeping continents thousands of miles away from their present positions.

There is ample evidence in the literature of ancient civilizations that such disasters have occured in the past and also clues that they knew when another such calamity would occur. The Dresden Codex of the Maya for instance, contains the secrets of the sunspot cycle, about which our modern astronomers know almost nothing!

In his books, Patrick Geryl continues his scientific analysis of the millennia-old codes of the Maya and Egyptians that refer to the coming super-disaster. He determines that both cultures arose from an antediluvian civilization which was able to calculate the previous polar shifts and that we should take very seriously their calculations that place the next reversal in 2012!....."

Now patric Geryl puts out his comments about 2012 like that... but who knows... he must be trying to sell his book about 2012... we cant predict stuff like this because its very hard... it may be a huge rumor...who knows... it may be true.... depends... please pple comment on this.... i mean it may look lame to some pple as simplenova said BUT there are pple who do believe in this,,,, if anyone has a telescope at home why wont u check the sky for some unknown astroid coming towards earth

hope i will see some interesting comments on it cheers simplenova
Old 01-23-2009, 02:05 PM
Advanced

oh by the way guys check this video if u seek for relief about the LHC ---CERN- Interview with John Ellis - Theoretical physicist

i will try to give more links when i find a good video... plz comment
Old 01-24-2009, 06:40 AM
Time M0derat0r

I think sadly, that we should keep this thread aside for sometime and bring it up later as I seen that not many people are interested in this topic. Thank's for the info you provided scifreak.

I hope as time passes that if this prophecy is true or not that people might realise the importants of discussing something like this. As it is fun and really enjoyable to research about this kind of stuff and post your ideas and opinions. If anyone suggests for us to continue this thread through by posting more information and articles. We'll do so by all due respect.

The part about the Large Hydron Collider, intrests me a lot. WOW. 7 TeV[Tera Electron Volts] thats a lot of energy.
I'd love to watch a simulator video of what would the expected resuts of this LHC. If anyone finds a links, please do not hesitate to put it forward.

Btw, I'd like to call the LHC... HPA [ High Energy Particle Acclerator]

Once again, thanks for the added info SciFreak
Old 01-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Advanced

ah my pleasure bcz i also really like totalk about 2012.... as u sed simplenova there are hundreds of people who belive in it... so i dont think anyone should just ignore it.... its just if somethn is happenin we shud discuss abt the precautions ryt... if its a polar shift they say that we shud be fit enough to change according to the polar shift... its really freaky sometimes ... i mean we should discuss about the possibilites..damn doesnt anyone have any idea about whats happenin???
Old 01-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Advanced

omg pple u guys shud see this freakin video... they say that there is gonna be a pole shift and the reason is that we are gonna cross a heqavy graitational line which is caused by the sper massive blackhole in the middle of our galaxy... who can save us??

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=GFWFYblkP7c

Last edited by scifreak; 01-24-2009 at 12:33 PM. Reason: forgot to enter the link :)