FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > FrostCloud.com > FrostCloud News & Updates

Greetings!

FrostCloud News & Updates Discussions on the latest site and forum developments.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:24 AM
ACT Art Reform Tourist

Censorship

Derail this then
Do I ignore the questions posited or not?
Please find one post that does not address the question.
This forum ignores the stand I make for true science.
In fact the majority of so called scientific opinion is pseudo science.
Check you wiki out for the seven principles of the scientific method.

My hypothesis might not agree with yours but just because mine is from a theological viewpoint does not make the hypothesis any the less scientific especially when all of the evidence has not yet been found.

Thankyou for your reply I pray for a positive result.
The pathway to the solution to world peace is filled with stones of stumbling like censorships, plagiarisms and copycats.

Are you the problem or the solution either way don't bar the way.

Pete Clarkson
Justice to the poverty stricken nescience the poor children's innocence
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2008, 06:39 AM
ACT Art Reform Tourist

Surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthInArt View Post

Derail this then
Do I ignore the questions posited or not?
Please find one post that does not address the question.
In fact the majority of so called scientific opinion is pseudo science.
Check you wiki out for the seven principles of the scientific method.

My hypothesis might not agree with yours but just because mine is from a theological viewpoint does not make the hypothesis any the less scientific especially when all of the evidence has not yet been found.

Thankyou for your reply I pray for a positive result.
The pathway to the solution to world peace is filled with stones of stumbling like censorships, plagiarisms and copycats.

Are you the problem or the solution either way don't bar the way.

Pete Clarkson
That this has not been removed yet?
Old 06-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Administrator

Since this has been made public, I will let everyone know what happened. Basically I have banned TruthinArt from posting/viewing the General Philosophy forum and all the Science forums. I feel that he has derailed way too many good discussions with nonsensical posts. There were posts that simply did not pertain to the original topic at all. We've all seen it.

It's true that it's a form of selective censorship. I do feel bad about it. I have nothing against TruthinArt and his views are welcome. It's just that some of his posts are so incoherent. Banning him on certain forums just makes it easier for us mods to "moderate" forums.

I'm really undecided if I should lift this partial ban or not. It may just depend on my mood.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:54 AM
Bah Humbug

I think 'scientific' hypothesis based on his theology belong in the religion forum. Thats all.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Mike in the hat

To be fair, we also got people talking about aether in the science forum.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Bah Humbug

Not to mention 'expanding' earth.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:42 PM
done

Quote:
I'm really undecided if I should lift this partial ban or not. It may just depend on my mood.

i actually love tia, tho you are correct in saying that some of his posts are completely incoherent, he seems to be an artist of sorts and maybe a little misunderstood.

i dont support bans of any sort(you guys should know that) but that is why im not a moderator. even still i think you should take a closer look at jb21 than tia?? we all know tia.
so i vote the ban should be removed as soon as possible!

tia,
i guess the ban should tell you to ease back a little bit.
dont get so delved into yer work that you lose yer audience. stay fresh and on topic, comment more personally on posts.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:58 PM
..i'm not a saint..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIA
The science that I enjoy and ponder would never, ever claim to be 'true'. It's a method of explaining the universe around us, without resorting to answers like, 'God did it.' If there is evidence, if there's something to test and duplicate, if there's an observation to be made, then it's science.

If I'm supposed to take your word, or a books, or a mythical creatures, and accept it because that's what I'm told, then it belongs in the religion forum.
If you're frightened of dying, then you're holding on. You'll see devils tearing your life away. If you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth. -Forsaken, VNV Nation

"War is god's way of teaching Americans geography." -Ambrose Bierce
Old 06-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Hodie adsit, cras absit.

I think a lot of TIA as well....even so..some of his posts go off at a tangent. There is more room for that sort of thing in the Religion threads, so I would hope he could post more or less what he liked there...the mystic path being very valid and most welcome. Icestorm as a fellow child of Libra I understand the difficulty of striking the right balance and the importance to you of justice at a fundamental level. I would prefer to see any ban as such lifted but a stern word to TIA to be aware of the differences between the religious and science threads and the importance of paying lip service to the subject and mood of the thread..I am glad to see you take more of a role in your forum BTW.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Banned

Question Last or First Post?

Incoherency Hmmmmmmmm?

Off topic Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

MOOD Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

Figure Oooooh Laaaa Laaaa?

Look I am simply a poor artist trying to find the way home.
This alias of TIA is the name on the other sticker to ROME.
Plagiarism is just another name for a copycat if you KNOW.
The meaning of each word and and what it means to ROW.

Row, row row your boat gently up the stream so merrily.
Poet no I am not a poet, Scientist not one momentarily.
Not really anything not even a really good photographer.
But that is in no way a barrier to attempted theographer.

Words are pictures and everybody blind, deaf and dumb.
Every word owns a history of usage sucking your thumb.
Little children we are no more than six young ears in age.
Senses and sensibilities trained, coached angry in a rage.

Outrageous fortune of the gift of existence to a great king.
Sorry about the meter metre measurement of silences ring.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Bah Humbug

I was fighting for ya TiA... but then you had to go re-register again. Perm banned.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:21 AM
Administrator

Okay, I will go ahead and just lift the entire ban. I will however still move/delete posts when I see it's necessary. As Burgersoft said, there are clear distinctions between religious and scientific content. The other IDs created by TruthInArt will remain banned. Please note, I do not allow multiple logins.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:30 AM
ACT Art Reform Tourist

Smile Life Like

Thankyou and may YHWH bless you for your mercy in Jesus name AMEN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plagiarism post no 2 that was never sent

The Ice Queen

Senses and the censor of them the absolute zero of no movement.
All the way from that great vacuum is the temper of a black hole.
We who own consciousness that there are ones with a conscience.
Knowledge what is that when we say yes or no to states of science.

Evidence is before the court, the jury has retired to contemplation.
The judge is sitting in his chambers sipping on his cup of coffee.
While, attorney for the prosecution contemplates what is decision.
Attorney for the defenses wonders if will, will ever be paid its fee.

Doors closed JURY locked in battle over who is right or wrong.
Who is perjurer, has given misleading evidence and are deceivers?
Conceited is in supposition they can deceive the jury for so long.
Of duty to perform when victims of the crime is in the receivers.

Well well well the bell bell bell of the hell hell hell of probability.
Theory verses practice; training, coaching and human tear ability.

They do not know what we know, I do not know what you know and you do not know what I know. We can only be thankful for the common alphabetical forms those twenty-six figures. In addition, the ten Indian figures of Fibonacci, Leonardo of Pisa who imported them via HIS Arabian Schoolmaster thus introducing the concept of zero that the antiquated roman numerals did not possess. For this reason we can calculate anything at all. Yes, there is an indeterminate list of other figures in all of the languages of the peoples of the earth in their families, tribes and nations with their tongues. Chinese ideograms are just another list of patterns that the eye sees and the mind hears as echoes of sound if and only if one has A Priori experience with them and the meanings WE/THEY/I desire to convey and the same applies to mathematical symbols of signs as markers of meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copyright © 1994-2002 Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc.

Leonardo Pisano

Life

Little is known about Leonardo's life beyond the few facts given in his mathematical writings. During Leonardo's boyhood his father, Guglielmo, a Pisan merchant, was appointed consul over the community of Pisan merchants in the North African port of Bugia (now Bejaïa, Alg.). Leonardo was sent to study calculation with an Arab master. He later went to Egypt, Syria, Greece, Sicily, and Provence, where he studied different numerical systems and methods of calculation.
When Leonardo's Liber abaci first appeared, Hindu-Arabic numerals were known to only a few European intellectuals through translations of the writings of the 9th-century Arab mathematician al-Khwarizmi. The first seven chapters dealt with the notation, explaining the principle of place value, by which the position of a figure determines whether it is a unit, 10, 100, and so forth, and demonstrating the use of the numerals in arithmetical operations. The techniques were then applied to such practical problems as profit margin, barter, money changing, conversion of weights and measures, partnerships, and interest. Most of the work was devoted to speculative mathematics—proportion (represented by such popular medieval techniques as the Rule of Three and the Rule of Five, which are rule-of-thumb methods of finding proportions), the Rule of False Position (a method by which a problem is worked out by a false assumption, then corrected by proportion), extraction of roots, and the properties of numbers, concluding with some geometry and algebra. In 1220 Leonardo produced a brief work, the Practica geometriae (“Practice of Geometry”), which included eight chapters of theorems based on Euclid's Elements and On Divisions.
The Liber abaci, which was widely copied and imitated, drew the attention of the Holy Roman emperor Frederick II. In the 1220s Leonardo was invited to appear before the emperor at Pisa, and there John of Palermo, a member of Frederick's scientific entourage, propounded a series of problems, three of which Leonardo presented in his books. The first two belonged to a favourite Arabic type, the indeterminate, which had been developed by the 3rd-century Greek mathematician Diophantus. This was an equation with two or more unknowns for which the solution must be in rational numbers (whole numbers or common fractions). The third problem was a third-degree equation (i.e., containing a cube), x3 + 2x2 + 10x = 20 (expressed in modern algebraic notation), which Leonardo solved by a trial-and-error method known as approximation; he arrived at the answer

in sexagesimal fractions (a fraction using the Babylonian number system that had a base of 60), which, when translated into modern decimals (1.3688081075), is correct to nine decimal places.
Contributions to number theory
For several years Leonardo corresponded with Frederick II and his scholars, exchanging problems with them. He dedicated his Liber quadratorum (1225; “Book of Square Numbers”) to Frederick. Devoted entirely to Diophantine equations of the second degree (i.e., containing squares), the Liber quadratorum is considered Leonardo's masterpiece. It is a systematically arranged collection of theorems, many invented by the author, who used his own proofs to work out general solutions. Probably his most creative work was in congruent numbers—numbers that give the same remainder when divided by a given number. He worked out an original solution for finding a number that, when added to or subtracted from a square number, leaves a square number. His statement that x2 + y2 and x2 - y2 could not both be squares was of great importance to the determination of the area of rational right triangles. Although the Liber abaci was more influential and broader in scope, the Liber quadratorum alone ranks Leonardo as the major contributor to number theory between Diophantus and the 17th-century French mathematician Pierre de Fermat.
Except for his role in spreading the use of the Hindu-Arabic numerals, Leonardo's contribution to mathematics has been largely overlooked. His name is known to modern mathematicians mainly because of the Fibonacci sequence (see below) derived from a problem in the Liber abaci:
A certain man put a pair of rabbits in a place surrounded on all sides by a wall. How many pairs of rabbits can be produced from that pair in a year if it is supposed that every month each pair begets a new pair which from the second month on becomes productive?
The resulting number sequence, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55 (Leonardo himself omitted the first term), in which each number is the sum of the two preceding numbers, is the first recursive number sequence (in which the relation between two or more successive terms can be expressed by a formula) known in Europe. Terms in the sequence were stated in a formula by the French-born mathematician Albert Girard in 1634: un + 2 = un + 1 + un, in which u represents the term and the subscript its rank in the sequence. The mathematician Robert Simson at the University of Glasgow in 1753 noted that, as the numbers increased in magnitude, the ratio between succeeding numbers approached the number a, the golden ratio, whose value is 1.6180 . . . , or (1 + Ö)/2. In the 19th century the term Fibonacci sequence was coined by the French mathematician Edouard Lucas, and scientists began to discover such sequences in nature; for example, in the spirals of sunflower heads, in pine cones, in the regular descent (genealogy) of the male bee, in the related logarithmic (equiangular) spiral in snail shells, in the arrangement of leaf buds on a stem, and in animal horns.

Frances Carney Gies
The Editors of the Encyclopædia Britannica
Old 06-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Hodie adsit, cras absit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icest0rm View Post
Okay, I will go ahead and just lift the entire ban. I will however still move/delete posts when I see it's necessary. As Burgersoft said, there are clear distinctions between religious and scientific content. The other IDs created by TruthInArt will remain banned. Please note, I do not allow multiple logins.
Good call Icestorm Its a difficult and tricky job (like a tightrope walk)but I would say the cloud has improved noticeable recently. Thankfully the worse abuses of the Forum seem to be in the past now..
Old 06-07-2008, 02:17 AM
ACT Art Reform Tourist

special thanks

to all supporters