FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Philosophy > General Philosophy

Greetings!

General Philosophy Thought-provoking, philosophical discussions.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:11 PM
Amaris

Could LSD be the answer to war?

Or other psychedelic drugs.
Native Americans used peyote for spiritual guidance. their culture seems more harmonious and peaceful than ours... could that have been part of the reason?
I can't imagine anyone making the decision to join an army after tripping on LSD. so if EVERYONE in the world took it, there would be no armies... of any kind.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2009, 01:10 AM
Symptom of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaris View Post
Native Americans used peyote for spiritual guidance. their culture seems more harmonious and peaceful than ours...
Umm, like cut it out with the natives wer cool bullshit. Just becaus the merkins and the ozzies fearfully butchered every native man they could, then raped every native woman, then persecuted their own half cast children, doesn't mean you can lay your guilt off under this romantic view of native peoples.

Both the American Indians and the Australian Aboriginals were twats. They completely fucked over their own lands and fellow peoples, both succesfully destroying any really useful animals and leaving themselves to scavenge a pitiful existence on the edge of starvation and thus leading them to generally slaughter each other until the indigenous populations were too small, retarded and pitiful to even say boo once whitey arrived and fucked them both literally and metaphorically out of existence. Because whitey had horses, guns, proper food and strategy.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:26 AM
Amaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symptom777 View Post
Umm, like cut it out with the natives wer cool bullshit. Just becaus the merkins and the ozzies fearfully butchered every native man they could, then raped every native woman, then persecuted their own half cast children, doesn't mean you can lay your guilt off under this romantic view of native peoples.

Both the American Indians and the Australian Aboriginals were twats. They completely fucked over their own lands and fellow peoples, both succesfully destroying any really useful animals and leaving themselves to scavenge a pitiful existence on the edge of starvation and thus leading them to generally slaughter each other until the indigenous populations were too small, retarded and pitiful to even say boo once whitey arrived and fucked them both literally and metaphorically out of existence. Because whitey had horses, guns, proper food and strategy.
i realise i wasn't actually there at the time so i don't know what went on. but one native american philosophy dictated that if you kill a man you are then responsible for looking after his family, so they didn't like to do that a whole lot.
it was the white immigrants that killed all the buffalo, making native americans unable to support themselves as they had been.
i'm english so i wasn't raised to feel guilty about this. for me it's like the osbournes... leaving for america means you are american... america should get the blame for them.

wasn't really my main point though.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Interhuman Symbiosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symptom777 View Post
First things first - it wasn't the Aussie's - it was the British.

Quote:
Both the American Indians and the Australian Aboriginals were twats. They completely fucked over their own lands and fellow peoples, both successfully destroying any really useful animals and leaving themselves to scavenge a pitiful existence on the edge of starvation and thus leading them to generally slaughter each other until the indigenous populations were too small, retarded and pitiful to even say boo once whitey arrived and fucked them both literally and metaphorically out of existence. Because whitey had horses, guns, proper food and strategy.
Utter rubbish - the aboriginal culture of Australia may have wiped out the mega-fauna but there was plenty of food, so much food that they didn't need to discover the advanced technology of agriculture. They actually had it so good and were so spiritually in tune with the land and their being that they didn't need to develop any technology - no necessity = no technological advancements. This was the cause of their defeat as the Whites had ridiculously outstripped their resources that the natural balance went out of whack and they had to invent shit to survive - two of the significant advancements were ships and guns. The Aboriginals lost due to being too clever to need to invent crap they didn't need - they were great resource managers.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:32 PM
The inquisitive thinker

Well I don't think there any use of illegal drugs and all weapons and nuclear bombs warheads etc should be melted down. Is this ironic they say the armies of the world are for defence but why do we use them against countries who just want to get along with life. Its civilians that suffer the most.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Veteran

I have a simple proposition: make war illegal.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Ionized

Old 01-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Not a flower

Quote:
Native Americans used peyote for spiritual guidance. their culture seems more harmonious and peaceful than ours... could that have been part of the reason?
I can't imagine anyone making the decision to join an army after tripping on LSD. so if EVERYONE in the world took it, there would be no armies... of any kind.
I would prefer any other way of becoming 'more harmonious and peaceful' than tripping on LSD for life...
Wisdom and responsibility vs peaceful coexistence of the whole world of distorted minds...

"And we have just one world
But we live in different ones"

(Dire Straits - Brothers in arms)
Old 01-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Openminded

Send a message via AIM to madesta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrose
I would prefer any other way of becoming 'more harmonious and peaceful' than tripping on LSD for life...
Wisdom and responsibility vs peaceful coexistence of the whole world of distorted minds...
Yeah, but one's easier than the other. Nowadays, the easier solution is the right solution... :-(
Old 01-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Not a flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by madesta View Post
Yeah, but one's easier than the other. Nowadays, the easier solution is the right solution... :-(
I would not say 'right' but 'more preferable' Who knows what is 'right'?

Which of two sentences below is right:

'To act like God you must be God'

or

'To be God you must act like God'?

"And we have just one world
But we live in different ones"

(Dire Straits - Brothers in arms)
Old 01-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Symptom of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Burkhill View Post
First things first - it wasn't the Aussie's - it was the British.
Of course it was. Only the Brits can actually do anything so grand as wipe entire peoples out of existence, completely carve up other people's countries to make them more profitable, convince other people to commit suicide so that we don't have to, rule the entire world (either directly or by proxy) and of course invent the steam engine.
Ok, so the Spanish are quite good at this too - but heigh ho, Europeans walk like gods amongst the rabble that fills the rest of the world.

Quote:
Utter rubbish - the aboriginal culture of Australia may have wiped out the mega-fauna
MAy? they bloody did, the tossers.
Quote:
but there was plenty of food, so much food that they didn't need to discover the advanced technology of agriculture.
Bollox!! The population density of aborigines is and was pitiful!!! Look at how big Australia is fer christs sake! (3 Million square miles, by the way) , there we 350 thousand aboriginals when we arrived. That's like 8 square miles per person. NL is 16,000 square miles and has 16 M people - that's one thousandth of a square mile per person. We can cater for 8 thousand more people per acre than they could!!!! Fuggin hell! They were and are totally GAY.

Quote:
They actually had it so good and were so spiritually in tune with the land and their being that they didn't need to develop any technology - no necessity = no technological advancements.
They were thick as shit and twice as lazy.

Quote:
This was the cause of their defeat as the Whites had ridiculously outstripped their resources that the natural balance went out of whack and they had to invent shit to survive - two of the significant advancements were ships and guns. The Aboriginals lost due to being too clever to need to invent crap they didn't need - they were great resource managers.
Ok, this is almost funny, except that you think that this might actually be true. TAke a look at Chatham Island, if you want to know how aborigines actually care about things.

Really Ben, you wank piece.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Symptom of the Universe

Quote:

wasn't really my main point though.
You dope (head).
Old 01-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Symptom of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranphil View Post
Well I don't think there any use of illegal drugs and all weapons and nuclear bombs warheads etc should be melted down. Is this ironic they say the armies of the world are for defence but why do we use them against countries who just want to get along with life. Its civilians that suffer the most.
It isn't ironic, it's a political necessity.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Openminded

Send a message via AIM to madesta
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRose View Post
I would not say 'right' but 'more preferable' Who knows what is 'right'?
Which of two sentences below is right:
'To act like God you must be God'
or
'To be God you must act like God'?
The first one!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 11:12 PM
Interhuman Symbiosis

I loved the archival footage Plasma - nice work.