FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > FrostCloud.com > FrostCloud Members > Member Interviews

Greetings!

Member Interviews Official FrostCloud member interviews emailed in our monthly newsletter and archived here.

Old 07-13-2005, 04:08 PM

Send a message via MSN to Michael. A
Interview with Misfit

Misfits very kindly accepted to be interviewed here on FC as a long time user and contributer to the Frost Cloud Community. One of the more ambiguos memebers of Frost Cloud I remember the times in which she would change her avatar several times in a week. Always strong willed and a character to remember. Without trying to sound corny "here is your life..."

Don't worry about going off topic on questions specifically its about you and you can say what you like or what matters more to you. It'll been an on going interview so check back for more interview questions after your reply. Just to get the ball rolling...

Tell us a bit about yourself. Your interests, beliefs, a little about your life and aspirations.

What made you choose the name Misfit?

What drew you to Frostcloud and what has kept you here?

Do you think you have changed your attitudes or beliefs much since using Frost Cloud?

"I think the men should bring you a nice white coat and quarantine you, you bloody looney!!!" - Jimbad
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2005, 12:42 AM
Misfit

Quote:
Tell us a bit about yourself. Your interests, beliefs, a little about your life and aspirations.
I donít have any interest in anything other than my family life and frostcloud. I donít like to be in public much, when I am out, I feel like I should wear a scarf and cover myself. There is a lot of Islamic people that shop at the same supermarket as me, sometimes I feel so exposed wearing a short sleeve t-shirt. I do not look at people anymore, the only time I do is when they are a bad person, my eyes have to watch them automatically. My life is very boring, the only time I leave is to go to the supermarket or visit other family at their home. I like to mess around in my garden and lay in the grass on sunny days.

Quote:
What made you choose the name Misfit?
Iíve always been an outcast, I thought the name was fitting.

Quote:
What drew you to Frostcloud and what has kept you here?
I did a search on atheist discussions and found frostcloud. Icest0rm has kept me here because I am not banned. I usually get banned everywhere I go so I just donít post any more places.

Quote:
Do you think you have changed your attitudes or beliefs much since using Frost Cloud?
Most of the changes have been physical, I just donít call myself Atheist anymore. As for the physical changes; I quit being a hooker after many years of being one, I got an esthetics (skin care) license, I began reading the bible for the first time in my life, after finding out I was accidentally having an affair with a married man I vowed to never have sex again until I get married (I kept that promise), I got a dog, my grandma died, I traveled abroad, I quit smoking, I got married, I completely changed the shape of my ass with bodybuilding, I died my hair boring brown, my mom and I got close for the first time in years (then it ended suddenly and dramaticaly as usual), I changed my name and I finally got my eyebrows in perfect shape. All in 16 months too, not bad.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:14 PM

What events or ideals drew you to atheism and the want to discuss it with others? For instance did you grow up with an atheistic family or ideals or perhaps grow up in religious ideals and decide against it.

Why did you decide to read The Bible? I seem to remember you read it very quickly when you started.

Do you have aspirations which you hope your children can accomplish which perhaps you couldn't for one reason or another?

What kind of places abroad do you like to go to and why?

With your liscence in esthetics and references to your eyebrows and ass I gather that you care about your body. For someone that doesn't like being in public is this interest a thing you like to say perhaps pamper yourself or do you appreciate other people appreciating your appearance?

I love dogs so I gotta ask whats your dogs name and what kind of dog is it? Maybe a pic would be cool .

"I think the men should bring you a nice white coat and quarantine you, you bloody looney!!!" - Jimbad
Old 07-14-2005, 02:39 PM
Misfit

Quote:
What events or ideals drew you to atheism and the want to discuss it with others?
It was something I never tried and I figured it can not harm me because I know I am a good person. The bible sayís there is only one sin that is unforgivable, that one sin is all the sins a person does after knowing they are sins. That covers a multitude by making it sound like it isnít. I donít know how what I just said ties into the question you asked, I just felt like saying it.

Quote:
For instance did you grow up with an atheistic family or ideals or perhaps grow up in religious ideals and decide against it.
I grew up in an immoral, and what I consider to be truly atheistic (no fear and no remorse of immorality and the impact it has on society) home. My mother neglected me and my father always cheated on my mother (he still cheats on his girlfriends). Money and material was most important to my parents. I resent money and still to this day I am reminded by my parents that I am a loser because I donít have a red cent. They say they are religious but I canít tell. I think if there is persecution, it can only be done to you by people that claim to be Christians.

My best friend growing up, her father was the priest at the church my father is treasurer of, go figure with the obsession he has with money. Still, I was never told or taught anything about religion, I never understood what her dad was saying, but we were in Sunday school and I canít remember what was taught. When the school finished, the sermon was over and I had to stand in line to get a piece of bread her mom made, I always thought the bread was made the night before and left out uncovered because it did not taste fresh, but tasted like the frankincense. Then we ate donuts and drank coffee and went over to her house because she lived across the street.

Quote:
Why did you decide to read The Bible? I seem to remember you read it very quickly when you started.
Curiosity. There were lots of people around me that told me I was going to hell (I never believed in the sense of hell they were talking about). I thought it was rude considering one of the girls was the daughter of a Baptist priest and she was not willing to help me, just tell me I was condemned. The only girl I knew that was kind and moral was a Jehovah Witness and she gave me a bible. The JW also wasnít like the Baptist girl, bragging about her virginity. Her (the Baptist) fiancť finally left her for a girl that put out. I felt sorry for her because she was so cute, her eyes looked like big stars.

Quote:
Do you have aspirations which you hope your children can accomplish which perhaps you couldn't for one reason or another?
I only hope for my child and future children to be happy. There isnít anything I feel I am a failure at.

Quote:
What kind of places abroad do you like to go to and why?
I like the whole world, but I prefer home because people donít ask who I am.

Quote:
With your liscence in esthetics and references to your eyebrows and ass I gather that you care about your body. For someone that doesn't like being in public is this interest a thing you like to say perhaps pamper yourself or do you appreciate other people appreciating your appearance?
I like to pamper myself and I like to pamper other people. I donít look for approval from other people on how I look, I keep up on myself because it makes me feel good. I donít like to draw attention to myself because I feel embarrassed when people stare at me. I am shy in that sense. I hold my head down not because of low self esteem or because I am shy, but because I donít want to give anyone the wrong impression.

Quote:
I love dogs so I gotta ask whats your dogs name and what kind of dog is it? Maybe a pic would be cool
His name is Jack, I was teasing him and calling him Jacket last night. His other nicknames are Jackson, Jack the Ripper and Bubby.

He is a silver miniature poodle, a little over a year old. Iím pretty sure he came from a puppy mill because of the pet store we bought him from is usually protested against. He was on sale because nobody wanted him and he was there for a long time. He had difficulty walking from being in the cage so long. I think they should have just given him away out of pity, not so that we didnít have to pay, but so that he could have gotten out of the cage sooner. I think there should be some sort of animal cruelty laws passed for pet stores, after being confined for so long, the dogs must be given away. That way nobody will buy them and puppy mills will go out of business if the dogs are given away for free.

I donít have any recent photos, but I will take one of him today and do the photobucket thing. His hair is growing out so he doesnít look like a rat anymore (we had him shaved bald for the summer).

Last edited by Misfit; 07-14-2005 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:45 PM

Quote:
It was something I never tried and I figured it can not harm me because I know I am a good person. The bible sayís there is only one sin that is unforgivable, that one sin is all the sins a person does after knowing they are sins. That covers a multitude by making it sound like it isnít. I donít know how what I just said ties into the question you asked, I just felt like saying it.
I think I understand. I seem to remember that you place a lot of emphasis on honesty and with that I guess sincerity goes hand in hand. Is that to do with this? It would make sense to me.

Do you think you might change and become more extrovert later in life or is there anything that might make you change in that way?

What would you like to do in retired life?

This seems like a basic question I ask everyone but do you like music very much and if so what do you listen to? Any particular styles of music or musicians?

Old 07-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Misfit

The Dog Image

Old 07-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Misfit

Quote:
I think I understand. I seem to remember that you place a lot of emphasis on honesty and with that I guess sincerity goes hand in hand. Is that to do with this? It would make sense to me.
Yeah, that sounds right. I never changed being who I am. I remember being out with a friend of mine one night in my early 20ís. A boy from high school approached us and told me how different I looked from high school, complimenting me. My girlfriend started laughing really hard at him and said to him, ďSheís still the same person you idiot!Ē Suddenly he wasnít so popular anymore, I didnít even know his name.

Most people will always behave stupid no matter what you call yourself, or how you look.

Quote:
Do you think you might change and become more extrovert later in life or is there anything that might make you change in that way?
If you met me in a social situation (supermarkets not included), you would never suspect I am a closet introvert. Itís not a matter of change, I always fluctuate my personality.

Quote:
What would you like to do in retired life?
Shit, I havenít even started working yet! I canít retire!

Quote:
This seems like a basic question I ask everyone but do you like music very much and if so what do you listen to? Any particular styles of music or musicians?
I like music. I like almost all kinds so I will narrow it down to what I donít like. I donít like techno, I hate techno.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:28 PM
Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael. A

I have a better explanation about why I tied it in, but it still is based on sincerity and honesty.

I read the verse and it sayís the only sin unforgivable is if you blaspheme against the holy spirit. I said that if you sin and know itís a sin that is the same thing but I am not saying it right.

Letís say I am full of holy spirit and I call myself an Atheist at the same time. No matter what my name is or what I do, I am always sincere and true, to blaspheme against me because of my name or something I have said or done is an unforgivable sin.

It covers a multitude because you never know who & what you are dealing with. I donít know of a sin that involves only the sinner. So if you know that's the only unforgivable sin, yet you believe your sins are forgiven and you screw someone you least suspect to be sacred, thinking you will be forgiven, your fucked.

I think that's what I was trying to say.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:50 PM

Firstly, Cool Dog!!!

Are there certain things you dislike in people as a whole or in society? How do you think these things might be changeable if you think this things will change?

What is the happiest and saddest moments you have had in your life?

If you had to choose one major recognised religion to join which one would it be and why?

What do you think of issues with world resources and basically contamination of the planet?

What do you think the future holds for mankind?

Old 07-15-2005, 11:32 PM
Misfit

Quote:
Are there certain things you dislike in people as a whole or in society?
Political correctness.

Quote:
How do you think these things might be changeable if you think this things will change?
Individually, anything else would be considered politically correct on a bigger scale.

Quote:
What is the happiest and saddest moments you have had in your life?
The happiest time in my life began when my daughter was born.

The saddest time in my life the day my grandmother passed away.

Quote:
If you had to choose one major recognized religion to join which one would it be and why?
One that ends in mass suicide. Because I would rather die than live my life day in and day out following what someone tells me they think is right for my life.

Quote:
What do you think of issues with world resources and basically contamination of the planet?
I donít think about it because my thoughts cannot change something that has everything to do with the whole world and very little with me. I did say something once to a little girl standing next to me when a train full of coal passed by. I said, ďWhat a wasteĒ.

Quote:
What do you think the future holds for mankind?
Everything it has now but more of it. Except the good, there will be a lot less or appear to be a lot less because the bad will be worse.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Everything it has now but more of it. Except the good, there will be a lot less or appear to be a lot less because the bad will be worse.
In what way will the "bad be worse"?

Do you think the world can continually get worse and worse without change before getting better or will it get better at all?

Do you believe there is a definate right or wrong/ good or bad which is indisputable in the sense of moral values?

Old 07-17-2005, 12:13 PM
Misfit

Quote:
In what way will the "bad be worse"?
Only people can make things worse with their behavior. The good will go unnoticed for the most part because it won't be public.

Quote:
Do you think the world can continually get worse and worse without change before getting better or will it get better at all?
It has to change in order for it to get worse otherwise it will remain constant and it never has. The only way it can get better is to wipe out most of the human life on earth.

Quote:
Do you believe there is a definate right or wrong/ good or bad which is indisputable in the sense of moral values?
Yes.

Responsibility = Good

Irresponsibility = Bad

I understand there are some circumstances that will prevent an adult from being 100% responsible for him or herself. However, allowing it to continue is irresponsible. For example, I don't think resources should be spent on finding cures for AIDS. If a child is born with AIDS, it contracted it from the mother. The mother is responsible for the life of the child, not all the people that donate money to the the AIDS foundation.

When something is condoned and continues to be acceptable behavior (that continues to grow and is privately and or publicly funded), I become the heartless, mean spirited person because I believe in taking care of myself. I don't want to be a burden on anyone and I certainly don't want people to burden me.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Misfit

Art Images

These are some pictures I made.

Old 07-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Misfit

These 2 are my favorite

I gave them both away.

Old 07-17-2005, 04:47 PM

I studied art for a while and am an artist of a sort until I discovered music. I have to say I love the style you have in your peices. Its the kind of stuff I like doing personally though I wouldn't have come up with these images.

What have your tried to capture in these peices? The feelings and moods in them are quite unique. Please explain them in detail if there is an explaination I'm very interested.

In the first image I'm not sure if you know this but the spiral inside a triangle is a sign of innocence in some beliefs. The eye looks terrified or aprehensive to me its interesting being juxtapositioned next to the shapes which seem uncomfortably placed together perhaps formally placed makes more sense. Almost as though it isn't a personal space but a unsettled awkward moment with some other entity. The other spirals which are more kind of like roses seem like a pleasentry like a folded napkin at a dinner which tries to make things seem "nice."

Anway your use of colour is also very interesting to me. Are there any artists which you particularly enjoy the works and have inspired you?