FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Philosophy > General Philosophy

Greetings!

General Philosophy Thought-provoking, philosophical discussions.

Old 09-15-2006, 12:11 PM
Banned

Censorship for the win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman33mm
Inflamitory comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You consistantly post purposfully rude and inflamitory comments in my forums (P&WE, MA&C). I will delete such posts when I run across them. Please cease. If you continue I will report it to Ice, and he will handle it. This new policy applies to all members, not just you. If you feel you have been insulted, do not retaliate directly. Report it to me.

No problems as long as you can treat others respectfully and behave like an adult.

MM
Consistantly or constantly?

And, since other people have the right to do the same, what is the problem? It is not like I have some permit they do not have.

Honestly, who cares what I write? Just put me on ignore and feel better about yourself for doing it.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Administrator

It is deleted because to ignore it gives the impression that obnoxiousness is encouraged here in lieu of, say, intelligent discussion/debate.

Case in point: this thread should have been a pm.

Thank you, come again.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:56 PM
Banned

Pms are weak.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:02 AM
Veteran

Who has the right to sensor the posts on this site? Sure, some people are rude, but occassionally they make very valid points even if crudely stated.

If this is meant to be a site that encourages free and intelligent conversation (at least communication), then it must lead by example. To simply sensor is a cop-out that means the person in control doesn't want to be confronted by another person's thoughts - piss weak.

Sure, that doesn't mean that I think it is a great idea to go criticising a person's being rather than answering the posted concept, but I can think of some occassions when the old fallacy is actually the more enlightened thing to take notice of. We all need to check our complacency levels from time to time, and what better opportunity for this than when a person crudely accuses you of being less than you can be.

So, forget sensoring, and bring on all posts. If you don't like what is written, you can always take Yawn's advise, and just ignore. ... then again, you might take the opportunity and learn something about yourself.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:17 AM
Administrator

*Hasty reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirranon
Who has the right to sensor the posts on this site?
Icestorm, who owns the server.
Quote:
Sure, some people are rude, but occassionally they make very valid points even if crudely stated.
Those aren't to be deleted, ever. Just the stuff outside the scope of discussion that creeps in because some people have no compunction against starting a pissing contest by adding something blatantly offensive for the sake of their own ego.

Quote:
If this is meant to be a site that encourages free and intelligent conversation (at least communication), then it must lead by example. To simply sensor is a cop-out that means the person in control doesn't want to be confronted by another person's thoughts - piss weak.
It means it's going to start a chain reaction of bickering that spreads from thread to thread, and ultimately replace intelligent discussion altogether.

Quote:
So, forget sensoring, and bring on all posts. If you don't like what is written, you can always take Yawn's advise, and just ignore. ... then again, you might take the opportunity and learn something about yourself.
That works fine- people leave because they don't like the fighting, and all we're left with is people that do.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drom
Those aren't to be deleted, ever. Just the stuff outside the scope of discussion that creeps in because some people have no compunction against starting a pissing contest by adding something blatantly offensive for the sake of their own ego.
See, the point is I have no ego.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:55 PM
done

Quote:
It means it's going to start a chain reaction of bickering that spreads from thread to thread, and ultimately replace intelligent discussion altogether.

very interesting that you say that, huh drom?
Old 12-23-2006, 09:35 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dragon Send a message via MSN to Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Yawn*...God?
See, the point is I have no ego.

Everyoen has ego. If you are in denial of that, that you are not human, last i checked you are human.

I hope that the mods take considerable care in their decisions, but they shouldnt be moved just because someone thinks they have a right to insult...
Old 12-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Symptom of the Universe

Musicman was a tosser wasn't he.