FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Politics > Politics and World Events

Greetings!

Politics and World Events A place for all you liberals, conservatives, and even radicals.

Old 12-02-2006, 05:33 PM
New Science

Censorship

To aol censors using 'gateway' timeout 504 as a means to block my access to my posts? Explanation please?

NS
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Devil's Advocate

Send a message via AIM to Galphanore Send a message via Yahoo to Galphanore
AOL is run by morons.
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
-- Theodore Roosevelt
To know what is right and not to do it is the worst cowardice.
--Confucius

Remember, Democracy can not be spread by the barrel of a gun.

I'm a Libertarian Transhumanist Atheist and a proud member of the reality-based community.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:39 PM

Why would anyone use AOL ?

Dragon busted on his lies ... HERE!

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's - Mark Twain

Old 12-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Bigfoot Denier

Send a message via Yahoo to jademunky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArghMonkey
Why would anyone use AOL ?
Because the real internet is too scary?
Old 12-03-2006, 02:31 PM
New Science

NS Comment

I have had unhappy experiences with MSN8 because I was criticizing the billionaires. They introduced a virus into my computer.
I tried to get on SBC dialup, but they had me register anout 6 to 8 timed, so I quit that. Maybe they need IE for their access. I don't know.
I finally got on the internet with aol but was unhappy. So I tried SBC broadband. Had to get an internal card in the computer for their braodband. Had trouble with that. So I took it to my vendor and he said the external wireless modem was defective. So now I am back with aol.

Aol gives me problems. They terminated my membership after I made fun of bush. I had to REregister and now they are 'double' billing me because of that.
Anybody got any advice for reliable ISP's that allow 'free speech'?
These dollar cravers do not believe in free speech.

NS
Old 12-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Bigfoot Denier

Uh, NS I'm going to suggest that they probably are not messing with you just because you made fun of George Bush. If they did that then it'd likely include about half their entire clientel.

If they're double charging you its either because they're incredibly incompetant or you might have signed up twice by mistake. Just call them up and complain.

-Unknown source
Old 12-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dragon Send a message via MSN to Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jademunky
Uh, NS I'm going to suggest that they probably are not messing with you just because you made fun of George Bush. If they did that then it'd likely include about half their entire clientel.

If they're double charging you its either because they're incredibly incompetant or you might have signed up twice by mistake. Just call them up and complain.

Wow, will some of you ever stop talk about politics and your life.....sad really. Nothing wrong with AOL, just your computer or your incompetent skills, besides i am incompetent with computers so dont feel alone!
Old 12-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Devil's Advocate

NS, you might want to learn a little about the difference between correlation and causation.
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
-- Theodore Roosevelt
--Confucius

I'm a Libertarian Transhumanist Atheist and a proud member of the reality-based community.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Veteran

NS; i have used AOL and MS as back up providers and i won't take up your time with personal opinions of either. they make yours seem mild. however as suggested before and by some on this thread, its not likely one or either has picked you out for special treatment. their are a good many opinions of Bush or rich people also that dwarf yours (by the way i disagree with you on both) and they have had no problems.

i have used AT&T for my primary provider since my first on line attempt and found them just fine. currently i keep a cheapie, for back up, but haven't used in over a year. need back up for business reasons.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:41 PM
New Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
If they're double charging you its either because they're incredibly incompetant or you might have signed up twice by mistake. Just call them up and complain
I do not make those kind of mistakes and as far as calling them up, do you like to work your way through their computerised responses?
And after you get a live response, it sounds like a latino in china.

NS
Old 12-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Misfit

Quote:
Just call them up and complain.
That won't work with AOL. He's going to have to cancel or report lost the credit card he is being charged on. Otherwise they won't stop billing him, it has happened to me before. Once I used their account for 6 months free (after learning the lesson of how they won't stop charging). After I opened the account with an active credit card, I closed the credit account and as soon as they tried to charge me after 6 months, they couldn't! MWHAHAHAHA!
Old 12-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
That won't work with AOL. He's going to have to cancel or report lost the credit card he is being charged on. Otherwise they won't stop billing him, it has happened to me before. Once I used their account for 6 months free (after learning the lesson of how they won't stop charging). After I opened the account with an active credit card, I closed the credit account and as soon as they tried to charge me after 6 months, they couldn't! MWHAHAHAHA!
Good, they deserve it. AOL is run by incompitents. Anyone remember when they "Accidentally" released all their saved search results?
-- Theodore Roosevelt
--Confucius

Old 12-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Bigfoot Denier

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Science
I do not make those kind of mistakes and as far as calling them up, do you like to work your way through their computerised responses?
And after you get a live response, it sounds like a latino in china.

NS
Actually I'd give it a 90% chance that the person you're talking to is in India. I work in tech support myself and have on several occasions had to fix problems where a customer was double-charged for the same service.

It depends on the method you signed up, but usually what happens is that when an agent puts the order through, they end up hitting the "submit" button once, then their computer might not register the transaction so the agent clicks again just to be sure (this is where the double-charge tends to occur).

-Unknown source
Old 12-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Bigfoot Denier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
You had to cancel your card just to get AOL to stop charging you? Thats seriously messed up.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:03 PM
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
You had to cancel your card just to get AOL to stop charging you? Thats seriously messed up.
With AOL that happens a lot.
-- Theodore Roosevelt
--Confucius