FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Science/Technology > General Science and Nature

Greetings!

General Science and Nature General discussions on all aspects of science and nature.

Old 06-03-2005, 04:20 PM
Advanced

Quantum Entanglement and Psychic Links

Does anyone think that supposed psychic links between people for example identical twins could have something to do with quantum entanglement?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Symptom of the Universe

Yes, but not me.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Advanced

I hardly dare ask you why, but I will anyway - why?
Old 06-04-2005, 12:12 AM
Symptom of the Universe

Because there's always people who will believe in anything..

OR

Because people who have the same genetic make up and a lifetime involvement with each other are bound to have more ability to detect subliminal signals in each other than you and I have.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:40 AM
Veteran

They developed from the same subatomic particles and split and developed into 2 seperate lifeforms which are connected, or entangled.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:05 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot
Does anyone think that supposed psychic links between people for example identical twins could have something to do with quantum entanglement?
I don't think twins have anything to do with it. From my perspective they are 2 different souls. Their karma dictated their birth. In this case as twins. The soul acts as a catalyst on subtle matter (arguably quantum particles) the result is what we call the universe. In reality I believe the only thing there is to the universe at all is waves and interactions between waves. Consciousness perceiving them reifies them into particular 'forms' with specific relationships. The soul is not part of the universe/space and time.

Mike Dubbeld
Old 06-04-2005, 03:21 PM
Advanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Dubbeld
I don't think twins have anything to do with it. From my perspective they are 2 different souls. Their karma dictated their birth. In this case as twins. The soul acts as a catalyst on subtle matter (arguably quantum particles) the result is what we call the universe. In reality I believe the only thing there is to the universe at all is waves and interactions between waves. Consciousness perceiving them reifies them into particular 'forms' with specific relationships. The soul is not part of the universe/space and time.
I agree with most of what your saying. If you believe that humans have souls then of course twins have separate ones. Also I do believe that matter is simply made from waves and interactions between waves when you look deep enough. Oddly I also think that consciousness or peoples beliefs can act as a catalyst on subtle matter this is why I think prayer can work even though I'm not religious. I just don't think of it in terms of souls.

The rest is just speculation-
I was thinking that if quantum particles actually inside one person could be entangled those inside another these changes that occur might somehow be readable to human consciousness. Im not sure how it would work but i read somewhere a long while ago that the human brain contains miniscule filaments capable of holding quantum particles. If this was true and the filaments could somehow read the state of the particles too most people could be linked. The link just may well be stronger the more closely related you are and super strong in the case of twins.

Peridot
Old 06-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Advanced

Im not suggesting that this link would be capable of reading structured thoughts, but it may allow one person to know if another has died. (which has happened to me before). And it might be able to even convey shock or illness, love, things like that.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Advanced

Quote:
Because there's always people who will believe in anything.

I agree but you don't have to believe something to contemplate it.

Quote:
Because people who have the same genetic make up and a lifetime involvement with each other are bound to have more ability to detect subliminal signals in each other than you and I have.
I agree with that too, but I meant for example knowing a relative has just died even though you haven't seen them or heard from them for years.

Last edited by Peridot; 06-04-2005 at 04:00 PM. Reason: my terrible spelling
Old 06-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Symptom of the Universe

Quote:
I agree but you don't have to believe something to contemplate it.
Yeah, but that was the answer to the specific question. Don't take it out of context now.

Quote:
I agree with that too, but I meant for example knowing a relative has just died even though you haven't seen them or heard from them for years.
I don't know that actual cases of this beyond what would be expected by chance are significant - I thoroughly doubt it.

When people have a "feeling" about something, and it happens to be right, they place far more weight on it than when a similar "feeling" is completely wrong. We have discussed this observation-selection effect elsewhere.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:31 PM
Veteran

Quote:
I agree with most of what your saying. If you believe that humans have souls then of course twins have separate ones. Also I do believe that matter is simply made from waves and interactions between waves when you look deep enough. Oddly I also think that consciousness or peoples beliefs can act as a catalyst on subtle matter this is why I think prayer can work even though I'm not religious. I just don't think of it in terms of souls.

The rest is just speculation-
I was thinking that if quantum particles actually inside one person could be entangled those inside another these changes that occur might somehow be readable to human consciousness. Im not sure how it would work but i read somewhere a long while ago that the human brain contains miniscule filaments capable of holding quantum particles. If this was true and the filaments could somehow read the state of the particles too most people could be linked. The link just may well be stronger the more closely related you are and super strong in the case of twins.

Peridot
I have read peoples thoughts many times. Consciousness flows through the mind like a traveler travels around the world - Satguru Subramunia. Consciousness is a separate thing from the mind. When consciousness moves through the mind we call this thinking. The mistake 'people' make is believing they are the thoughts themselves. If I go to San Francisco, I am not San Francisco. If I think of San Francisco, I am not San Francisco. When I ask who you are you may say Peridot. I will then say, no, that is simply a name given to you. Who are you? If you then proceed to tell me for the next 10 minutes things like where you live, work, car you drive, favorite color, who you are married to, your religion - on and on and on - I will then simply tell you that these are things ABOUT you. They are not you. You may then tell me, OK I give up. I may not be able to tell you who I am, but I certainly know who I am. At that point I would say - Who is the you that knows who you are? Are there 2 you's? You and the you that knows who you are? In that case, there must be 3 you's - The original you, the you that knows who you are and the you that knows the you that knows who you are. In that case there must be 4 you’s..... Infinite regress.

The mind is not consciousness and consciousness is not the mind. The wrong use of these words as synonyms causes no end to confusion. When I say I am sick. I mean my physical body is sick. I am not my physical body. When I say I am angry. I mean I am aware of the emotion of anger. I am not the emotion of anger. When I say I think that is OK. I mean my mind thinks that is OK. I am not my mind. Small wonder science is such a mess when it comes to things like wave/particle duality and consciousness. They cannot even form coherent sentences to understand the problem.

When light passes through the film in a movie projector, motion appears on the wall. Yet it is not ‘real.’ Thoughts are images through which awareness/consciousness passes through. When we are ready to go home from work we are ready to put the Clint Eastwood sign near our door that says ‘Go ahead, make my day. Just make one more change…’ with his hand on his pistols and poncho flip back over his shoulder, cigar clenched tightly in his teeth and eyes squinting keenly…….  I love that poster. We have had it up to the teeth with things for the day and want to get out of there. But in the morning we are refreshed if we have a good nights sleep and better able to deal with new problems. In the same way concentration that leads to meditation leads to a deeper sense of clearness on top of the refreshed state of just waking up. Along with it comes increased attention span from concentration. When I shine a light off in the distance it diffuses according to the inverse square law. But some lights can be focused to shine further away by focusing the beam.

In the same way concentration focus’s the beam of awareness/consciousness in such a way so as to be able to ‘see’ further. It is not that the things that are seen are not already there. It is that our beam is too weak to perceive them without concentration. In the world this shows up as what people call ESP and psychic phenomena. The concentration makes us more sensitive/receptive to things already there that people who do not concentrate cannot perceive. Thinking generates uses energy. Like a radio signal is not confined to walls, our thoughts radiate out from us from the energy of consciousness is what I believe.

As far as I am concerned the brain is the effect of the mind. Things transpire in the brain as a result of activities in the mind in the same way a software application operates hardware on a computer. At the present time science studies the hardware to understand the computer and thinks of software (mind) as something that may or may not exist but is not necessary to understand. We have to realize that it is consciousness/awareness that is us and not the mind. The mind is no more us than our toaster or car. The mind operates at the quantum level with consciousness. Neurons fire as a result/effect of this activity. That is why I say the Universe is nothing but the occurrence of waves and the interactions between them as consciousness moves through them. The soul is not part of the Universe at all. It acts as a catalyst and gives rise to consciousness. Making consciousness the intelligence (given to it from the soul) and energy.

The soul is the experiencer. The mind simply captures conceptions of experience. The map is not the territory. The computer simulation of a hurricane is not the hurricane. Generalizations the mind captures into word categories about experiences the soul has through consciousness are not the experiences themselves. The mind is a limited instrument. If I never tasted an apple before, no amount of words are there that could be used to tell me what apple-taste is. The experience is one thing. Conceptions captured about them is another. Justice is a wave. It has innumerable possibilities and is subjective/right brain. 35 miles per hours is a form of justice as a law that is particular/particle/reification – making of justice into a particular ‘form’. A popping of the wave function/breaking of symmetry in a particular way/reality. It is ‘real’ because if you exceed 35 mph and get caught you will be pulled over, and have to pay a ticket – physical reality is changed. This change is no less real than shoes dropping to the Earth. 35 mph is objective. It is left brain. It is particle/objectification of a form of the wave in the right brain of the abstract concept of ‘justice.’ Fourier synthesis of waves into particular forms as a particular reality. I know a great deal more about the 2 brains than this.

In yoga reality in the Universe is mantra (vibration) and yantra (form). ‘Nama rupa’ Name and form. By intoning a mantra, its vibration is the equivalent of some form. All forms/objects in the Universe have a ‘real’ name. My name is Mike Dubbeld but that is simply an artificial name given to me. All objects have a resonant frequency or natural frequency. (Natural response in Electrical Engineering). By hitting a certain pitch an opera singer is able to shatter a glass. By a certain rhythm soldiers marching across a bridge set up vibrations that can bring the bridge down. Buckminster Fuller once said something to the effect ‘Give me a hammer and I will bring down the Brooklyn Bridge.’ In Electrical Engineering we study Bode-Nyquist diagrams to discover instabilities in feedback-control systems so as to design around them. For instance we don’t want to provide feedback voltage that will cause a motor to run so fast it flies apart. In an electrical circuit maximum current flows when capacitive reactance (resistance with say + direction) cancels with inductive reactance of a coil (resistance in the opposite direction). Resonance is a function of frequency – another word for vibration.

When a yogi performs samyama on x he gets the power of y. That is how Patanjali describes how psychic powers come about in Chapter III Vibhuti in the Patanjali Yoga Sutras. Samyama is concentration, meditation and samadhi on a particular thing. The yogi comes to know the ‘essence’ of the thing. The resonant frequency/’real name’/natural response. From this he gains power over it is what I believe. Out of this came incantations and spells which people foolishly believed were accomplished simply by the words.

In superstring theory all properties of matter arise from 2 quantities. The form of the string and its vibration. This determines whether a particle is a photon or a quark. Thus, the reality we find in the universe as consciousness moving through the mind is the result of waves and interactions of waves reified into particular forms by means of Fourier analysis. (or any other type of wave analysis – Fourier just happens to be among the easiest because it is based on sine waves but it might as well be piano waves or tuba waves.) The Universe is the Dance of Lord Shiva.

‘These vrittis are our Universe.’ Swami Vivekananda about 100 years ago and before quantum theory.

Mike Dubbeld
Old 06-04-2005, 11:49 PM
Symptom of the Universe

Mike - just when you were having a period of lucidity you come with all this bollox again. C'mon.