FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Politics > Politics and World Events

Greetings!

Politics and World Events A place for all you liberals, conservatives, and even radicals.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 12:59 AM

Weekly Address from President Obama

This is great, as you know President Obama is going to create youtube videos addresses to america.

This is the first one for him ...

Oddity why not add this as a sticky? we can post the latest video on here and then talk about what he has to say, hes going to make them regularly so there will always be a lot to talk about.

Dragon busted on his lies ... HERE!

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's - Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2008, 01:09 AM
Interhuman Symbiosis

Where the hell is Oddity, have we killed off the last moderator? It seems they have all gone post forcing them to moderate more strictly and then blaming them for over moderation.

Great idea BTW Argh.

Thucydides
Old 11-19-2008, 12:50 AM
Interhuman Symbiosis

Bump - when is the next one due Argh?

Thucydides
Old 11-24-2008, 09:07 PM

Right about now ...

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's - Mark Twain

Old 11-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Supermarine

Easier said than done, Mr O.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:22 AM
Interhuman Symbiosis

He warms my heart everytime he speaks because he takes on the real issues in real ways, what a man, thank god the guy made it to the White House.

Thucydides
Old 11-27-2008, 07:14 AM

Ya, well I say keep the heat on him until he does what he says he wants to do ...

Old 11-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Interhuman Symbiosis

I believe he wants to but I know the system behind him, if he makes too many brazen moves they will contrive to get the machine to remove him - I think his bravery will be a legacy, I just hope he doesn't become a martyr for the cause for his and his families sake.

Or perhaps that will be the catalyst that is needed to spur the right kind of action - mobilise the good people of the world against the evils of the monetary machine.

Thucydides
Old 11-28-2008, 08:36 AM
Veteran

I am quite excited to be able to see such a man try to change things. I hope his time in office is not short lived; I am anxious to see how this all plays out.

What an exciting time we are in.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Banned

"Change" - good story

Love the clowns who voted for "change." Allow me to clue you in - there is no change. Obama's admin is a combination of Clinton's and Bush's - in fact it's a toss up as to whether it's Bush's 3rd or Clinton's 3rd. He's already backed away from his wealth-dist. promise of taxing "the rich", with Gates - he'll likely have us in Iraq for years to come, Hillary-Bill will determine foreign policy, et. You have to love the moronic homosexuals who presumed he supported their bid for rights to marriage (he didn't). Now they're protesting the mormons - they're too cowardly to denounce the african-american vote that lost really lost them prop 9.

Out front on anticipated appointments re. the hot button economy but with a substantial election debt to the unions, hiding from issues of Russians camping with Chavez, terrorism in India, etc. etc. Maybe Hillary will tell him what to do.

The inexperienced and unqualified guy stood for nothing but nebulous "change" - and there isn't any. Have fun, children.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:50 PM
Interhuman Symbiosis

Monkey perspective Jorge, go climb a tree and eat a banana, better yet eat some bone marrow and help yout brain to evolve. There are two types of thinking - realists who perceive the world is how it is and there is just acceptance and idealists who perceive it must be better than how it is and work to improve the world. I myself am an idealist realist or realist idealist, good combo.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:30 AM

Old 12-01-2008, 04:33 AM
Interhuman Symbiosis

Dragon - you should listen to this last entry, he's talking to you.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:58 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dragon Send a message via MSN to Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Burkhill View Post
Dragon - you should listen to this last entry, he's talking to you.
Why do you say that? I am curious.

As far as replying to his video speech. He talks about "volunteer" helping others, yet he wants to keep around policies that only hinder our nations growth. He talks about thanksgiving, but I am only thankful for my family and trusted friends.
THis nation is built on invdividual ingenuity and creativity and his ilk in congress and such want to stifle that.
I do not wish him or his friends in Congress ill, but I hope they realize the mistake they are making with their policies.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:24 AM
Interhuman Symbiosis

Because the leader of the free world refered to a willingness to help others in need, isn't he great, hope you listen to him, know you won't.