FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Politics > Politics and World Events

Greetings!

Politics and World Events A place for all you liberals, conservatives, and even radicals.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hback View Post
You don't give a fuck about mom and pop because the police abused their powers?
What mom and pop? Starbucks? or Subway? *L*

Quote:
You put words in my mouth and I'll put words in yours if you wanna play in a fucking sandbox. If you gave a shit maybe you'd consider both sides of the story before you just label things without bothering to try understand them.
I understand exactly where the conservative ideas in our society come from and who they benefit, the already powerful and wealthy elite, they dont speak for me and should be opposed on ethical and moral grounds alone.

Quote:
You think things should be a certain way. You don't account for situations. You don't consider stress. You think cops should have SUPERHUMAN restraint. It's not some easy job where they just cop feels and eat donuts. You don't give a shit.
If a cop cant restrain him/herself then they should be fired, period, they are given too much power and its too easy to abuse that power. I am less interested in excuses then justice, if a cop screws up tell me they are just human and I understand that and then I fire their asses and/or throw them in jail.

Quote:
I was there and can tell just how little you saw. You see the obviously biased media and react polar to it.
The media is pro cop *L* Look at the latest cover of macleans, come on now ...

Quote:
If you had your way innoccent people would die by the droves, either to cause you revolution or because of it. You think it's a matter of taking the powers away from the police?
Not just police, the entire system needs overhauling, we still need cops but we dont need cops that cant act ethically, morally and within the law.

Quote:
How the fuck else do you plan to curb behavior like that. As long as there is power there will be abuse of power.
Thats where regulations and oversight come into it, an easy place to start is to make sure these groups have independent reviews, not allowing them to police themselves, thats a no brainer, secondly is to make examples of the cops that fuck up and throw their asses in jail.

Quote:
If anything in the last 30 years the left has found better ways to voice their opinions and have them heard.
You are wrong cash, the left has been sidelined by right wing propaganda and we are reaping the shit that the left warned us abouyt for decades. What happened to the left is that they forgot their roots and the need for revolution, the rich are not going to play fair unless we force them and government is in bed with big business and works constatnly to deregulate more and more, so fuck them, time to smash the system I think.

Quote:
You want revolution and by condoning the actions of those petty little cowards you make it sound like you want violent revolution. Many CEOs help the disadvantaged because they're in a position to do so.
Yes, I condone a complete overhaul of our system, it could get violent.

You dont get it, CEOs are part of the problem, noone in good ethical standing should accept multi millions in bonus while we are looking at the biggest recession/depression IN HISTORY! They are WRONG and part of the problem, they make the world a worse place for their actions.

Quote:
You don't know shit and sometimes you insult me a lot.
I dont have anything against u cash, just being blunt and I think you dont know what your talking about, theres a much bigger picture here.

You focus on a starbucks being smashed and not on the fact that cops abused their position, you talk about ceos doing good things while they overwhelmingly hurt our society and take more then they could ever dream of contributing, you shun revolution but you cant see that no good change will come about without it at this point.

Quote:
I'm putting effort into my arguments making fine points and you come back black and white. Is it because you don't have any good solutions?
This is a common response, doing the right thing is not dependent on having the answer for a question.

To get rid of the feudal system we didnt need to have capitalism planned, we had to get rid of the feudal system because of its flaws, period.

Quote:
Is it because you DO account for human fallability? Do you just vent with no clear idea of what to do about it? What the fuck would you do in a revolution, stomp grandmothers? Mom and pop stores and you condone it. People working at starbucks being threatened and you blame them for working for "a big evil company". What am I supposed to think about your oversimplification. You think it's all cut and dried?
Why dont you just ask me then?

What does human fallibility have to do with this?

The cops screwed up BIGTIME, they face the consequences, if a protest was caught smashing a window they would be in trouble too, so what?

Who wants to stomp grandmothers and what does that have to do with a revolution?

If the powerful elite cant serve us then they should be removed, they have made life worse and worked to destroy the middle class for the past 30 years, doing nothing is not an option.

People working at starbucks should be the first to throw a stone and for many people they are, wether its walmart, starbucks, mcdonalds or any number of huge powerful companies that pay shit wages, shit for benefits, are anti-union and work to keep people as little more then minimum wage slaves.

Quote:
Give it some thought, that's all. Don't just spew and expect to be able to have a proper debate.
Theres way too much ur taking for granted as "the way it is", open your eyes a little, stare at the corners and try to get a bigger view of whats going on.

Read Chomsky and Mel Hurtig and Naomi Klein to freshen up about whats going on, seriously, its worth it.

Dragon busted on his lies ... HERE!

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's - Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Veteran

Some of you have obviously never heard of agents provocateurs.

http://tv.globalresearch.ca/content/police-state-canada

Watch it, Dragon. Watch it all.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Eyes? I see no eyes.

It bothers me when you tell me I don't know what's going on because I feel the same way about you but I won't get into a brick wall argument with you about it. Society is a system and when you remove or alter one niche in the system without a proper and thorough understanding of the consequences you risk bringing the whole system down. This is why change is slow and you can bet damn well that any revolution will be disarganized and the conservatives will take control anyway. As far as losing more say for the left in the last 30 years and you calling me wrong outright, there has been a resurgence in the last 6 years for us because of harper and in the states since after clinton but in the last 30 years the internet has not been stopped or slowed down and all attempts to do so, by some of the biggest corporations around, have been utterly crushed. Not on a worldwide level but people are learning more and more, faster and faster, people are being forced to learn how to sift through the bullshit, they're learning more and more to recognize their own bias and far more people are able to have more in-depth discussions with precise information about topics they wouldn't normally hear about. When you have two conflicting sources, compare them and you'll generally see which one uses less facts and more button pushing. We're getting better at recognizing propoganda despite their efforts to get better at it. Critical minds are being fostered more than ever before and there's been a huge surge in anger toward the gov't. You have more freedom nowadays than you did 30 years ago despite their efforts to scare us into having less. The policies might not have changed adequately but the change is happening as the people are indeed getting more control.

Yea, subway, got smashed along with starbucks and some banks. So did A&B convenience, Fredo's shoe repair and some local pubs. These aren't big multi-million dollar conglomerates. These are owners who make $60,000/year like other working class people and with the new tax legislation and property tax amendments over the last few years these businesses are being pinched really hard. These people hold each other and cry wondering about what to do and what they did to deserve it. The big companies can afford to replace their glass. The others have to dip into their savings, assuming they have some left. No different than if it happened in Van, you'd see shop owners who are barely making it in tears, "this comes out of my daughters education" and the gov't won't compensate them and if it did they would also compensate the large companies. The big companies don't need the help but out of principal the right thing to do would be to compensate those who's businesses were damaged as a result of holding the event in this city, which was a stupid idea in the first place but it comes out of tax-payer money. Without batting an eye the big businesses can replace their damages, most of the local convenience stores are still boarded up. Many of them aren't open for business. A CEO is a human being and there are differences of degree. My boss takes a little over $100,000 a year, owns a modest farm he's using to be sustainable and self-contained, just because he has the means to do good doesn't make him a bad person for doing good. He has staff members who get payed more. He has many friends who happen to be business owners who are along the same lines. Guess what? He's profit driven. Why? Because those who work for him need jobs to pay their rent and put food on their tables.

Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who understand realize that you have no right to let them live.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Veteran

Doesn't anyone carry insurance these days?
Old 07-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Eyes? I see no eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennn View Post
Doesn't anyone carry insurance these days?
Ya but having a rider for every situation gets expensive.

Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who understand realize that you have no right to let them live.