FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Philosophy > Religion

Greetings!

Religion Discussions on religions, mysticism, and spirituality as well as opposing views such as agnosticism and atheism.

View Poll Results: Why do you hate Atheists so much?
Our existence makes you think of inner doubts about God. 2 22.22%
You really believe that our non-belief makes us evil. 4 44.44%
Do you fear our Science threatens your Biblical explanations? 2 22.22%
Atheism encourages independence and freedom (license to sin?) 5 55.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #211  
Old 07-18-2010, 02:04 PM
gek12 gek12 is offline
Skilled
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I don't feel like having a discussion with you any more. I've past the withdrawal from the cigarettes.
If your saying what I am thinking then you got to stop trying to steal Greek history and find your own. Don't worry I don't want to discuss with you anymore either .
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #212  
Old 07-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Blossom's Avatar
Blossom Blossom is offline
Classic Misfit
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 40° 0' N 82° 53' W
Posts: 1,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by gek12 View Post
If your saying what I am thinking then you got to stop trying to steal Greek history and find your own. Don't worry I don't want to discuss with you anymore either .
Your reality is a little foggy, let me clear the path for you.



Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/76774

The following is a list of deities and major mythical figures commonly referred to as "Greek gods" and "Greek mythical figures" that are believed to be of "non-Greek" origins;

Deity/Major Figure……..……..Origin………………… Source……..

Rhigmus………………….…Thracian……………….. Carlos Parada

Diomedes…………………..Thracian…………………Carlos Parada

Phineus……………………..Thracian…………………Carlos Parada

Tereus…………………….…Thracian………….……Carlos Parada

Rhesus……………………...Thracian………….…….Carlos Parada

Alcon………………………...Thracian………….…….Carlos Parada

Memnon…………………….Ethiopian………………..Carlos Parada

Alcyoneus…………………..Ethiopian………….Quintus Smyrnaeus

Alexipus…………………….Ethiopian…………..Quintus Smyrnaeus

Clydon………………………Ethiopian…………..Quintus Smyrnaeus

Laomedon………………….Ethiopian…………Quintus Smyrnaeus

Mmeneclus…………………Ethiopian………...Quintus Smyrnaeus

Nychius……………………..Ethiopian…………Quintus Smyrnaeus

Thalius………………………Ethiopian…………Quintus Smyrnaeus

Andromeda…………………Ethiopian………………Carlos Parada

Cepheus……………………Phoenician…………….Carlos Parada

Europa………………………Phoenician……………Carlos Parada

Pelops………………………Phrygian……………….Carlos Parada

Agenor………………………Egyptian……………….Carlos Parada

Belus………………………..Egyptian………………..Carlos Parada

Midus……………………….Phrygian………………..Carlos Parada

Opis…………………………Phrygian………………..Carlos Parada

Aura…………………………Phrygian………………..Carlos Parada

Proteus……………………..Egyptian…………………Carlos Parada

Egeria……………………….Italian………………………..Ovid

Hora………………………...Roman……………………… Ovid

Janus…………………….…Roman……………………Carlos Parada

Juturna………………….….Roman……………………Carlos Parada

Penates……………….……Roman……………………Carlos Parada

Tantalus……………….…...Paphlagonia………………Carlos Parada

Orchamus…………….……Persia………………..……Carlos Parada

Pyramus……………………Babylon…………………..Carlos Parada

Thisbe………………………Babylon…………………..Carlos Parada

Dido…………………………Cartagenan………………Carlos Parada

Nicea………………………..Indian…………………….Carlos Parada

Phoenix…………………….Arabian……………………Carlos Parada

Hypnos……………………..From the Black Sea region Carlos Parada

Muses (9)………………….Macedonian…………………Carlos Parada

Dionysus…………………..Macedonian (Brygian) Grolier Encyclopedia

For details on the above, see Donski, pages 146 to 173, "The Myth about the so-called ´Greek Mythology´", in his book "The Descendants of Alexander the Great of Macedon".

From the table above, we can see that a large number of deities and important mythical figures have purposely or unwittingly been misrepresented. Clearly they are not of "Greek origins"

And finally, perhaps the so called "Greek gods" were "Greek" because they were exclusively celebrated by the ancient people who lived in the lands south of Mount Olympus where modern Greece is today?

That too, I am afraid is not true. The mythical gods, referred to as the "Greek gods", were common to most ancient Mediterranean nations and cultures. They were as much universal to the ancient world as Christ and Christianity is universal to our modern world.

The truth is the Ancient "Greek gods" were not Greek at all! In fact, referring to them as "Greek gods" would not only be a sin but also a myth in itself.

It is more appropriate, truthful and precise to call them Mediterranean gods than it is to call them "Greek gods". After all, they were celebrated, revered and feared by many more nations and cultures north, east and west of Mount Olympus than they were just south of Mount Olympus. And that is the truth.

If Modern Greeks believe that those in the Ancient world who spoke Greek and believed in the Greek gods were actually Greek then Modern Greeks must also believe that those in our Modern world who speak English and believe in our God Christ MUST be English." Is that a fair statement?

Sources

"Greek Mythology". Microsoft Encarta 98 Encyclopedia, USA, 1998.

Aleksandar Donski, "The Descendants of Alexander the Great of Macedon, The Arguments and Evidence that Today´s Macedonians are Descendants of the Ancient Macedonians". Shtip, 2004.

Carlos Parada, "Geneological Guide to Greek Mythology". Philadelphia: Coronoet Books, 1993.

The Columbia Encyclopedia. Third Edition, New York: Columbia University Press, 1963.

Grolier Encyclopedia. Navato: Grolier Electronic Publishing Inc., 1995.
According to reality, I should be your inspiration.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 07-19-2010, 08:37 AM
gek12 gek12 is offline
Skilled
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Your reality is a little foggy, let me clear the path for you.





According to reality, I should be your inspiration.
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAH! You are sooo ignorant. How long did that take you to find? Nice american crup. Do you know ancient Greek? The only person that can tell me this is a person that knows ancient Greek and reads the real writing of the past. So all the Greek philosophers that created the stories of the gods and all the sources that say they are Greek must be fake.You think by getting one little source you prove Greek history wrong. Alexander the great spoke ancient GREEK and in macedonia they spoke ancient GREEK and they had GREEK culture as all the other cities in ancient Greece. You do the maths. If you want me to pull out sources I don't need to, just type Dionysos or any other GREEK god on google and it will come up straight away with the god being Greek. Your jealousy and lost of belonging blinds you. Type Alexander on google and name after that and you will find almost every website will have from GREEK origin. You offend every Greek from the past and present by saying this. The website isn't even .org or .edu. Might as well say we don't exist and we don't have history.
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 07-20-2010, 05:36 AM
TruthInArt's Avatar
TruthInArt TruthInArt is offline
ACT Art Reform Tourist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ZION
Posts: 5,016
Blog Entries: 3
Cool Hate & Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amergain View Post
Why do Muslims and Christians hate Atheists?

I ask you who are Christians and Muslims, why you hate us so. We are a minority everywhere. We are a small minority in the US and Third World Countries. We are most hated in those less developed or socially reactive (US).

Why? Most Europeans are nominally Christian. America is de facto Christian Theocracy. We are largely concentrated as Atheists and Agnostics into scientific professions. That makes Fundies hate Science. We are socially positive with a large contingent in Haiti. Medical Doctors are largely Atheistic except for Family Practitioners who must hide their unbelief. A doctor accused or "outed" as an Atheist in a small city or town, he may have to close his practice and move. Christian Churches conduct intensely hate ridden boycotts of Non-Theistic doctors.

The actual number of Atheists in America is therefore likey exaggerated because of the number of Atheists in "the closet."

Do you fear us because we seem more intelligent, more rational, better educated? Does our very existence make you think too much and that may lead to doubt (and lose the delusion of immortality?)

I would like to know why we non-theists are so intensely hated?

Amergin
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJoseph View Post
played the cowardice role:

HATE - THE MOVIE:

http://farewellisrael.com/[/URL
ABSTRACT:

Since Cain slew Abel and retaliation otherwise called REVENGE OR VENGENCE was PROHIBITED it follows on from that salient point that MERCY is the OPERATIVE TERM. The DOG EAT DOG mentality was denied from the very beginning. The VICIOUS CIRCLE of EYE FOR EYE, TOOTH FOR TOOTH was sent to the rubbish dump and burned at the death of THE CHRIST. Shame is on CHRISTIANS, ISLAMISTS and JEWS for not being so forgiving. The SHAM that is the state of affairs in modern day political institutions with their holding their national constitutions out and above the first principle of LOVE of GOD and GOOD the second principle LOVE of neighbour even if he be a stranger and the third principle that in doing the first two not just speaking about them is to LOVE YOURSELF.

CONCRETE:

Would you give to a ROBOT the power to kill YOU?
If YES then I suggest your make an impenetrable barrier between you and IT.
If NO then your self and IT might be the best of friends while the power is ON.

Envy and jealousy over property I note are the cause of every known kind/type/form of contention. “ LOVE OF MONEY” being the PRIME CAUSE.

I have a bigger car than you and since I have a bigger car than you I am a better person. That is a zero sum game reason since the better person would never brag about his right of ownership and use that power to claim he is more equal than his brother or sister. Competitive Game strategies are therefore just another name for COMBATIVE BEHAVIORS. EGOISM RULES and is in direct contrast that is at the opposite end of the scale where ALTRUISM RULES. The discrete co-operation of all the members of the human race is to one end "THE KINGDOM OF GOD". To fear a person means that you hate that person is the reading I receive from my little study of HISTORY. The student is made aware that there is such a thing as the "FEAR OF GOD". Fear has another sense which is that of the attitude of humility and respect for the words of that ONE. It is that kind of fear that is supportive and never combative.

Nash Equilibrium: Suppose then that each player asks himself or herself: "Knowing the strategies of the other players, and treating the strategies of the other players as set in stone, can I benefit by changing my strategy?"

PEAT
__________________
Love knowledge of the truth to trust for all eternity that is the BIBLE.
Power to be learning the ways of reason and not the ways of violence.
Wisdom to be acheiving the objective of the predicate of all sentences.
Justice to the poverty stricken nescience the poor children's innocence
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 07-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Mister Agenda's Avatar
Mister Agenda Mister Agenda is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Posts: 4,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by gek12 View Post
I am not really talking about christianity. I am being broad with religion.
Joe is a Judaism monomaniac. He is incapable of having a broader discussion about religion, he can only communicate with posts having to do with Judaism specifically.
__________________
http://www.godisimaginary.com/
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 07-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Mister Agenda's Avatar
Mister Agenda Mister Agenda is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Posts: 4,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJoseph View Post
If atheism is anything it is the converse of Judaism. However, I fully conceed it is a more honorable path than those belief systems who have fullfilled away all of Judaism's premises only because they hinder their own beliefs and no other reason. Those beliefs have lost this battle and are responding only with a greater rage and hatreds. This makes atheism more honest and thus also more legitimate ['All may approach in truth']. But alas most so-called atheists, while rejecting the belief they were born in - have retained the antisemitism in a far more glowing dose - as their compensation for leaving their beliefs.
You just said atheism is NOT the converse of Judaism.


Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJoseph View Post
Wrong again. You cannot converse Judaism because you have no alternative. IOW, you are conversed in form but without substance: your attempted conversing is a failure - as surely as with the Greeks and Roman attempts.
There, you said it again. You are saying atheism is not the converse of Judaism, I am saying atheism is not the converse of Judaism. I am not attempting 'conversing' so I can't be failing at it. Joe, you're not even being coherent here. Do you feel some sort of compulsion to disagree with me no matter what I say?
__________________
http://www.godisimaginary.com/
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 07-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Ca$hback's Avatar
Ca$hback Ca$hback is offline
Eyes? I see no eyes.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nope
Posts: 5,391
What's so hard to get? Isreal's a light unto the nations, jeez!
__________________
Do not presume to judge me or the methods I choose to employ. You cannot comprehend the magnitude of the tasks I have undertaken, or the consequences of my failure.

Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who understand realize that you have no right to let them live.
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 07-21-2010, 12:19 AM
Ironlord Ironlord is offline
Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJoseph View Post
If atheism is anything it is the converse of Judaism. However, I fully conceed it is a more honorable path than those belief systems who have fullfilled away all of Judaism's premises only because they hinder their own beliefs and no other reason. Those beliefs have lost this battle and are responding only with a greater rage and hatreds. This makes atheism more honest and thus also more legitimate ['All may approach in truth']. But alas most so-called atheists, while rejecting the belief they were born in - have retained the antisemitism in a far more glowing dose - as their compensation for leaving their beliefs.



Wrong again. You cannot converse Judaism because you have no alternative. IOW, you are conversed in form but without substance: your attempted conversing is a failure - as surely as with the Greeks and Roman attempts.
Excuse me, how do you have the nerve to say that most atheists are anti-semetic? Do you have some proof for this?

See at least I can say that not all Jews are like you, they are not rabid radicals that will degenerate other faiths or lack there of.
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 07-21-2010, 05:39 AM
TruthInArt's Avatar
TruthInArt TruthInArt is offline
ACT Art Reform Tourist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ZION
Posts: 5,016
Blog Entries: 3
Cool HISS HISS STORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by gek12 View Post
The website isn't even .org or .edu. Might as well say we don't exist and we don't have history.

I will back blossoms sources up with a caveat.
The fact is in your opinion as opposed to bore.
If enough people repeat then fact is in the store.
A fact is made into opinion by the social beat.

Tribes and nationalities all possess mythology.
Local moral fables of fabulous war heroes said.
Populations to bring into control so who's lead?
An egg in nest and harpies hatched theology?

Aristocracy: Rule of the best in contention crazy.
Timocracy: Rule of a benign military meritocracy.
Oligarchy: Rule of some princes merchantocracy.
Democracy: Rule of will by criminal negligency.

Dear Plato, Your friend So crates was incorrupt.
Chose death rather than cities youth to corrupt.
__________________
Love knowledge of the truth to trust for all eternity that is the BIBLE.
Power to be learning the ways of reason and not the ways of violence.
Wisdom to be acheiving the objective of the predicate of all sentences.
Justice to the poverty stricken nescience the poor children's innocence
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 07-21-2010, 03:24 PM
gek12 gek12 is offline
Skilled
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthInArt View Post

I will back blossoms sources up with a caveat.
The fact is in your opinion as opposed to bore.
If enough people repeat then fact is in the store.
A fact is made into opinion by the social beat.

Tribes and nationalities all possess mythology.
Local moral fables of fabulous war heroes said.
Populations to bring into control so who's lead?
An egg in nest and harpies hatched theology?

Aristocracy: Rule of the best in contention crazy.
Timocracy: Rule of a benign military meritocracy.
Oligarchy: Rule of some princes merchantocracy.
Democracy: Rule of will by criminal negligency.

Dear Plato, Your friend So crates was incorrupt.
Chose death rather than cities youth to corrupt.
I am just going to be informal because I am not going to be on this forum for long. You didn't do much to back "blossom" up. Plus "blossom" started it by saying that the Greek gods are stolen, which got me angry and I retaliated because I involves my race. I don't care what you say really, you don't know more than millions and millions of people and people who are real and proper
archeologists. I don't understand how people can't look at the obvious.
Reply With Quote
  #221  
Old 07-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Blossom's Avatar
Blossom Blossom is offline
Classic Misfit
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 40° 0' N 82° 53' W
Posts: 1,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by gek12 View Post
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAH! You are sooo ignorant. How long did that take you to find? Nice american crup. Do you know ancient Greek? The only person that can tell me this is a person that knows ancient Greek and reads the real writing of the past. So all the Greek philosophers that created the stories of the gods and all the sources that say they are Greek must be fake.You think by getting one little source you prove Greek history wrong. Alexander the great spoke ancient GREEK and in macedonia they spoke ancient GREEK and they had GREEK culture as all the other cities in ancient Greece. You do the maths. If you want me to pull out sources I don't need to, just type Dionysos or any other GREEK god on google and it will come up straight away with the god being Greek. Your jealousy and lost of belonging blinds you. Type Alexander on google and name after that and you will find almost every website will have from GREEK origin. You offend every Greek from the past and present by saying this. The website isn't even .org or .edu. Might as well say we don't exist and we don't have history.
Hmm, interesting, according to your philosophy, and I know you are an aspiring philosopher from your introduction, everyone that speaks English is really from England. Everyone that spoke Greek must be from Greece, including Cleopatra, especially since she has a Greek name. My name is really Meri so I'm actually Iranian goddess. There was a goddess named Meri so all Meri's must be Iranian Godesses. I think she was Iranian, it's actually Mehri, but phonetically it's the same, just like how all English speakers are from England.

Thanks Peat, keep in consideration, he's only 19. I think it's best to use his strategy against him, then maybe he can see how stupid it sounds.
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 07-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Blossom's Avatar
Blossom Blossom is offline
Classic Misfit
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 40° 0' N 82° 53' W
Posts: 1,756
Oh, I almost forgot, you are pure genius Geki!

America

A Merica, I know you know ca means gift from god so America is really an Iranian goddess country given to the English from god.
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 07-22-2010, 04:41 AM
TruthInArt's Avatar
TruthInArt TruthInArt is offline
ACT Art Reform Tourist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ZION
Posts: 5,016
Blog Entries: 3
Lightbulb Back up or off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gek12 View Post
You didn't do much to back "blossom" up.
Caveat: Lector = Let the reader be aware obtains from the subjunctive mood.
· Legal Caveat, the name of a notice given by a party having an interest, to some officer, not to do an act, till the party giving the notice shall have been heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gek12 View Post
Plus "blossom" started it by saying that the Greek gods are stolen, which got me angry and I retaliated because I involves my race.

Mythology: The study of stories in academic neutrality as to whether true or false.

One of the foremost functions of myth is to establish models for behaviour.

When Greece returns to the Drachma from the Euro is that rather like Prometheus?


Quote:
Originally Posted by gek12 View Post
I don't care what you say really, you don't know more than millions and millions of people and people who are real and proper archaeologists.
To not care about what I say means that your ignorance is merely guided by your pre conceived notions which terminate at your personal prejudices.

That’s new to me millions of people who are archaeologists’. I rather thought the number of archaeologists’ to number the population that is the number of people who presently enquire about their early historical records: namely everyone who is a being and knows they have a past to learn from and a future to collect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gek12 View Post
I don't understand how people can't look at the obvious.
Yes: the obvious is that we are all related if they all did their sums.
Like everyone I have two parents who have four parents ad infinitum.
@ average age of reproduction of 28 years, 33 generations nears1000 yrs.
@round that time everyone’s family tree has more members than now living.
This means to me that we are all related somewhere back in archaeological history.

IS that not obvious enough for YOU?

I agree it is obvious enough to speculate and to speak logically but what about the practices of the arts in story telling, music, sculpture and politics? To judge anyone or anything to be good or bad is to act like a GOD. So which one are YOU?

PEAT
__________________
Love knowledge of the truth to trust for all eternity that is the BIBLE.
Power to be learning the ways of reason and not the ways of violence.
Wisdom to be acheiving the objective of the predicate of all sentences.
Justice to the poverty stricken nescience the poor children's innocence
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 07-23-2010, 01:37 AM
IamJoseph IamJoseph is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 22,527
Thumbs up Why do Muslims and Christians love Jews?

It seems to me that Christians and Muslims cannot perform their religion unless it is SUBJECT TO JEWS. A count of words and liturgies will confirm they mention Jews more than any other term in their scriptures - albiet in antithesis. If the Jews are clever they should disappear and let the two face each other - then come back after 12 months. This must be a scary thought to Christians and Muslims - but it will fix their Jewish problem nicely.

This song has to be banned - otherwise the premise Jews are foreigners and never had a country for 4000 years called Israel will not be a Zionist myth:



Quote:

Boney M asked to skip hit in West Bank concert.

RAMALLAH — The lead singer of the iconic 1970s disco group Boney M said Thursday that the band was asked to skip one of its biggest hits in a West Bank concert this week.

Maizie Williams says Palestinian concert organizers told her not to sing "Rivers of Babylon." The song's chorus quotes from the Book of Psalms, referring to the exiled Jewish people's yearning to return to the land of Israel.

Williams said she did not know if it was "a political thing or what, but they asked us not to do it and we were a bit disappointed." Organizers said they asked for the song to be skipped, deeming it "inappropriate."
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 07-23-2010, 02:53 AM
IamJoseph IamJoseph is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 22,527
Thumbs up

Proof how much Christians and Muslims LOVE Jews and Zionism:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHBvu...os=NsIWoQuCXGg
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why so many anti-semites in the world? PoseidonsNet Religion 178 10-02-2008 02:25 AM
Forcing Children into a Single Religion is Child Abuse Epimetheus Religion 69 04-04-2008 11:06 PM
What Islam Wants IamJoseph Religion 173 08-13-2007 01:09 PM
Symposium: DARWINISM IN ISLAM? IamJoseph Religion 0 04-09-2007 01:18 AM
Atheists trolling a Religion forum Spamming it Mike Dubbeld Religion 61 01-18-2007 07:17 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:04 AM.



Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright © 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited
Hosted and Maintained by The IceStorm Network