FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Culture > Movies, Music, Books, and TV Shows

Greetings!

Movies, Music, Books, and TV Shows Discussions on movies, music, books, television shows, and anything in mass media.

Old 03-29-2004, 02:34 AM
Banned

Mel Gibsonís Passion

Mel Gibsonís Passion of the Christ is an extraordinary film. It tells the story of love, humility and faith in the face of cruelty and hatred. The Jews in America are going ballistic saying itís anti-Semitic. But Mel just tells the story he doesnít embellish it in any way. I didnít find it anti-Semitic. Of course, the Temple police and Caiphas and the Sadducees come off badly as bigots that hated Jesus and that was the documented fact.

The Temple was a big money business, they sold animals for slaughter and sacrifice, and there was money to be made providing for wealthy worshipers, the poor and the sick were excluded from the Temple and so their access to salvation and healing was denied. Jesus was angry with what he saw (the priests─the Sadducees) as corrupt and unfair. Anyway, you know the story, JC punched out the clerk at the bureau de change in the Temple and the Sadducees ganged up on him and killed him.

A rabbi called Feldman, who is part of an outfit called, Jews Against Anti-Semitism in Washington D.C., says the film is an act of terrorism, as it endangers human life and he wants the copies of the film seized and Mel arrested under Sec. 802 of the Patriot Act. Feldman says the film is terrorist paraphernalia. Of course, if you arrest Mel youíd have to arrest all the Christians in America and seize their Bibles, Ďcos they have the same paraphernalia under Feldmanís slippery thinking. Then of course, you could arrest all the males in America on rape charges as each of them has the paraphernalia for a potential terrorist act. To make it simple we could just imprison everyone except members of New World Order and few spooky Jews in Washington. That should solve all this BS about Mel, Christ, freedom of speech, and so forth.

Marlon Brando was banished from motion pictures for decades for saying the Jews control Hollywood, which rather proved his point otherwise how could the ban have held up? Now there is a lot of talk about Mel being shunned and expelled by Hollywoodís Jewish elite. But as his film is about to rack up a billion dollars Iím sure Melís not loosing a lot of sleep over the Jewish threat. In fact, he will probably be able to buy Hollywood, which might help a lot of unemployed folk like Marlon, get their jobs back.

Itís all cracking up, people arenít scared anymore, they will face the Feldmanís of this world and stand their ground, holding firm to what is right.

There is a bit of a barney developing because the Jewish, Anti-Defamation League doesnít like the idea that Mel Gibsonís film of the death of Christ blames the Jews for Christís death. They even went to the Pope to get him to say it wasnít the Jews that did it. The Pope knocked Ďem back. He wouldnít buy their version. Meanwhile, Mel says Jesus died for everyoneís sins, and the lead actor who plays Christ in the film tactfully says, ĎEveryone killed Christ.í Of course, the Jews did kill Christ because it wasnít the Romans, and there wasnít anyone else around at the time. The film is about to open in 3000 cinemas.

While everyone is trying to be terribly tactful and Mel is trying to get his film off the ground in an industry totally controlled by the Jews, enter Melís dad. Oh no! He gave an interview saying the veracity of the Holocaust is doubtful because most of the Jews left Germany. Mel says he loves his Dad but Iím sure heís wringing his hands in despair.

The weird thing is Melís dad is right.

Films like Schindlerís List purport to show a desperate situation in which almost no one escaped, and wasnít it a miracle that Schindler was able to save 1500 Jews by getting them jobs in a forced-labor factory? Yet between 70% and 80% of all German Jews survived the war. This extraordinary fact has been hidden from the world for over fifty years. Is this revisionist rant or neo-Nazi propaganda? No. The figures come from the official story as published in the Dachau museum, for example.

You are not going to believe it but here it is. The population figures for the Jews were very accurate as they had to register in Germany and in the mid-1930s there were 500,000. But by the beginning of the war only 150,000 remained behind. The world has never been told that 350,000 German Jews survived the Holocaust by emigrating, which was legal at the time. Of the 150,000 that remained, some fought in the German Army; people donít know that, many were killed by their own people for collaborating, some escaped, some survived, and some died of natural causes. All the remaining German Jews were sent to the Warsaw ghetto. There were 60,000 people in there and even if all of them were Germans it gives you some idea of the total German Jews that might have suffered the Holocaust, between 10-15% say. Itís all in the official history as published by todayís German government. Historians know it, politicians know it, even the Jews know it, and anyone that has been to Dachau can figure it out by reading the posters there, but the truth of it has been kept a secret from the world.

Much of history is backwards. The truth is that ninety-nine percent of the Jews didnít fight in the war and while most of the German Jews (70+ %) were safe in their beds thousands of miles away, the Christians were in deadly hand-to-hand conflict with the Nazis. Twenty million Russian Christians died, 4.2 million Polish Catholics, 340,000 British Anglicans, ten million ordinary Christian Germans were victims of the Nazis, as well as the Americans and the French. Iím not sure of their losses but they must have been substantial. Yet against those figures, the German Jewish losses were miniscule in comparison. Schindlerís List was a brilliant film and Spielberg got an Oscar but if heíd made a film celebrating the fact that most of the Jews in Germany escaped he would have been pelted with tomatoes.

I donít mean to be misleading; the figures referred to above deal with the 350,000 German Jews that definitely survived, they donít apply to Jews that were living in other countries like Poland or Holland say. I read somewhere that 50,000 Jews lost their lives in Holland that may well be correct. But I have no accurate information to offer as to figures from other countries, just those published by the German government regarding the German Jews as stated above, which are known to be correct. When I went to the Dachau museum it was a big shock for me. I didnít know that most of the German Jews survived the war, did you? I felt emotionally ripped off.

Maybe Melís dad will set the record straight; feathers will fly if he does. I feel sorry for Mel Gibson, heís an ardent Catholic; he just wants to tell the story of his super hero without his dad getting in the way.

In the last year we have had two major film trilogies that deal with Armageddon, the Matrix films and the Lord of the Rings, now Gibsonís Passion will tell the story of the human shadow, evil, and redemption through humility, sacrifice and love. It couldnít be more brilliant. Itís almost as if some inner power is directing what the world sees, and when, teaching humanity of the process each must face individually, bringing them along.
The movie website is: http://www.thepassionofthechrist.com
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2004, 12:00 AM
Cultural Infidel

Send a message via MSN to culinarean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Spirit
Mel Gibsonís Passion of the Christ is an extraordinary film. It tells the story of love, humility and faith in the face of cruelty and hatred. The Jews in America are going ballistic saying itís anti-Semitic. But Mel just tells the story he doesnít embellish it in any way. I didnít find it anti-Semitic. Of course, the Temple police and Caiphas and the Sadducees come off badly as bigots that hated Jesus and that was the documented fact.

In the last year we have had two major film trilogies that deal with Armageddon, the Matrix films and the Lord of the Rings, now Gibsonís Passion will tell the story of the human shadow, evil, and redemption through humility, sacrifice and love. It couldnít be more brilliant. Itís almost as if some inner power is directing what the world sees, and when, teaching humanity of the process each must face individually, bringing them along.
The movie website is: http://www.thepassionofthechrist.com
It was definitely an emotional and stirring movie. And there was definitely no anti-semitic tone to it. The movie accurately portrayed the sacrifice of Jesus, and the hatred of the people who would have him put to death. The Jewsh people were definitely not to blame. It was the high priests who defamated Him and turned the crowd against Him.

Anyway, Jesus knew he would be paying the sacrifice, and he put his fate into God's hands.
Old 04-09-2004, 04:08 PM
Going Through the Motions

Quote:
Originally Posted by culinarean

Anyway, Jesus knew he would be paying the sacrifice, and he put his fate into God's hands.
That's what gets to me about blaming anyone, really. If you believe the scripture is literally true, Jesus and God both knew what was going to happen. It's not like this was a big shocker for either one of them.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:07 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Girl
That's what gets to me about blaming anyone, really. If you believe the scripture is literally true, Jesus and God both knew what was going to happen. It's not like this was a big shocker for either one of them.
Isnt God all-knowing? So we can never blame anyone?
Old 09-28-2004, 11:34 PM
Adept

I thought the film was magnificent - a strange word perhaps to describe this film but it truly made me feel closer to God. Not really an atheist but not really been much of a believer in anything before, although I've investigated. Words don't come easily when trying to describe the personal impact of this film on me - I just know it made me feel, a lot.

sja22
Old 09-29-2004, 03:27 AM
HAIL XENU!

I rented the DVD a couple of weeks ago, and watched the film for the first time. It was pretty violent, but after a while you get used to it and it becomes rather "ho-hum".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sja22
Words don't come easily when trying to describe the personal impact of this film on me - I just know it made me feel, a lot.
What you felt was simply compassion for a fellow human being being killed in an incredibly cruel and barbaric manner, nothing more transcendent than that. Though I must admit, that when watching the crucifixion scene, if you put it in the perspective of all the thousands and thousands of innocent people killed in the name of christianity, it lessens the blow of seing the one jackass who started it all (thus wasting western culture's time for the better part of 2000 years), "getting it".
Old 09-29-2004, 03:40 AM
Freudian Slip

Send a message via AIM to DevilBuni Send a message via MSN to DevilBuni Send a message via Yahoo to DevilBuni
I watched the movie and all I got out of it was some guy getting brutally and horrificly beaten for 2 and a half hours. The only reason I had any type of an emotional reaction to it is because I dont believe a man should be treated like that for no apparent reason. If we beat every guy who said he was the next Messiah - we'd barely have enough people left on this earth to restart the human race.
Take care, don't let any mere "man" make you feel like you don't deserve any less than the world on a silver platter from them in a relationship. You deserve to be happy and when the right one comes along you will know it, til then stay close to your NY crew. There's alot of history there and they love you like a sister. ~ words of wisdom from my friend Chris.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:03 AM
Adept

Mr Pessimist,

I've never yet heard of this film as being described as 'ho-hum'! And perhaps what I DID feel WAS compassion for another human being's suffering, but at least I felt that. And it made me think. And it made me more compassionate as a result. That can't be a bad thing can it?

sja22
Old 09-30-2004, 04:28 PM
HAIL XENU!

The film get's "ho-hum" through the constant repetition of the same violence. That, and because pretty much everyone has already heard the story ten million times.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:35 PM
Adept

Mr Pessimist,
You certainly have my attention and good on you for having such strong beliefs! However I wonder if we need to look at this topic a different way. Firstly I hadn't heard the story ten million times and perhaps that's because I come from Australia, where religion is not shoved down people's throats. Secondly, when it comes to repetition of violence, any news broadcast or American 'action' film will give you the same. '9/11' footage was a good example of that - we were all in New York on that day - thousands of times, reliving the horror of the moment over and over, as the same images bombarded our TV channels. I didn't get 'ho-hum about it though - did you? The last thing I would like you to consider, is that given what we do know as historical fact about the barbaric times of when Christ supposedly died on the cross, would it not be possible to accept that a man proclaiming himself to be the messiah, would naturally be treated in such a way? I think its probable.