FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Philosophy > General Philosophy

Greetings!

General Philosophy Thought-provoking, philosophical discussions.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:51 AM
Veteran

You don't like yourself sometimes.

You're walking with your friend Jim, down near a popular hang out spot, and notice a couple other friends chillin', Dan and Dara.

Dan says to Jim "Hey Jim, did you see Transformers yet? That movie was sick with it!?"

To which Jim replies "Yeah man. That movie was ill!! It was cooler than Antarctica."

But wait, you recall earlier in the day Jim telling you the movie wasn't that good. Oh boy, that's one of Jim's traits that seem to be the most bothersome and annoying. He's always changing his opinion based on who he's around.

Of course, there's always going to be character traits that don't appeal to you.

-The dumb friend who knows little but acts like he knows everything.

-The arrogant friend who's "never surprised" at any accomplishment or new development because "I already knew that" or "It's no big deal."

-The girl who manipulates everyone you know just so she can get things for free be it rides, smoke, money, etc.

-The friend who asks to borrow money and never pays you back.

Anyway, the list can go on and on. But, it seems that somewhere down the line, you've managed to miss the self-analysis of your own traits.

Do you think your action/reaction to your daily grind is appealing? Do you even notice when your sarcastic remarks to the cashier "isn't funny" to her? Or that your friendly advice to "don't even pay attention to those people" is not really advice at all?

So, all in all (and the reason why I created this thread) have you/do you/how often do you think about your own actions/reactions and have you/will you/won't you/have you tried to change what personal traits you've found unattractive or not appealing in others?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2007, 02:50 AM
Banned

im the type to not shirk from calling jimmyboy on his ballshite

im also the nonchalant type you described,,,,

what hasn't everyone done that??or this?

good post
and im up to about an hour a day of pure awareness where all is bliss

so the answer is quite a bit at a lot of times and yes

it made me think and i like positive affirmation's
Old 10-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Mike in the hat

Quote:
Do you think your action/reaction to your daily grind is appealing? Do you even notice when your sarcastic remarks to the cashier "isn't funny" to her? Or that your friendly advice to "don't even pay attention to those people" is not really advice at all?

So, all in all (and the reason why I created this thread) have you/do you/how often do you think about your own actions/reactions and have you/will you/won't you/have you tried to change what personal traits you've found unattractive or not appealing in others?
The simple answer is, I don't give a shit.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:20 PM
I will arouse you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntao
You're walking with your friend Jim, down near a popular hang out spot, and notice a couple other friends chillin', Dan and Dara.

Dan says to Jim "Hey Jim, did you see Transformers yet? That movie was sick with it!?"

To which Jim replies "Yeah man. That movie was ill!! It was cooler than Antarctica."

But wait, you recall earlier in the day Jim telling you the movie wasn't that good. Oh boy, that's one of Jim's traits that seem to be the most bothersome and annoying. He's always changing his opinion based on who he's around.

Of course, there's always going to be character traits that don't appeal to you.

-The dumb friend who knows little but acts like he knows everything.

-The arrogant friend who's "never surprised" at any accomplishment or new development because "I already knew that" or "It's no big deal."

-The girl who manipulates everyone you know just so she can get things for free be it rides, smoke, money, etc.

-The friend who asks to borrow money and never pays you back.

Anyway, the list can go on and on. But, it seems that somewhere down the line, you've managed to miss the self-analysis of your own traits.

Why sir, this tortured self-analysis? This is where you must begin...
Old 10-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulvahs
im the type to not shirk from calling jimmyboy on his ballshite
im also the nonchalant type you described,,,,
what hasn't everyone done that??or this?
good post
and im up to about an hour a day of pure awareness where all is bliss
so the answer is quite a bit at a lot of times and yes
it made me think and i like positive affirmation's
Awesome. Yes, there are people who don't realize they mock (and complain about) others for things they do themselves. It's unfortunate, but noticing the connection has helped me change into a better person.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterduck
The simple answer is, I don't give a shit.
You should. Shouldn't you?
Old 10-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachial
Why sir, this tortured self-analysis? This is where you must begin...
Because it isn't torture. Or, shouldn't be torture. This "self-analysis" is involved with the word "hypocrite". Is it good/okay/fine to be a hypocrite?
Old 10-03-2007, 11:46 PM
I will arouse you..

If someone is a hypocrite you see this fact then walk away. What else is one to do.

A wise man once told a story.

Two monks had to cross a stream. There was a young lady who also needed to cross but was scared as she could not swim. One of the monks allowed her to mount his back and she crossed in this way. His friend, once the girly had departed and given him the appropriate sly looks said 'Hey you are a monk, what the hell you doin' with that woman on your back?' His companion replied 'I'm sorry, what woman?'.

You see he had not attached himself to it all.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:09 AM
I will arouse you..

Then he caught up with the fine lady when his mate was asleep and fucked the beejesus out of her.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Mike in the hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntao
You should. Shouldn't you?
Why should I?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachial
If someone is a hypocrite you see this fact then walk away. What else is one to do.
You can either point it out (if you believe they are unaware of their hypocracy), accept them for their ways, or. . . . Walk away.
Quote:
A wise man once told a story.

Two monks had to cross a stream. There was a young lady who also needed to cross but was scared as she could not swim. One of the monks allowed her to mount his back and she crossed in this way. His friend, once the girly had departed and given him the appropriate sly looks said 'Hey you are a monk, what the hell you doin' with that woman on your back?' His companion replied 'I'm sorry, what woman?'.

You see he had not attached himself to it all.
It's in the eye of the beholder. Does that mean hypocracy doesn't exist?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterduck
Why should I?
You don't like yourself sometimes.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:27 AM
I will arouse you..

no, nothing exists

all is transience

so...don't let the bastards get you down.

Realise the illusory nature of the ego and people don't piss you off.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:38 AM
Veteran

Maybe if I don't notice what the cashier says it is because I don't think it is important - unless it is regarding my change or her babbling on forgetting to hand me one of my bags or her charging me twice for the same thing. How about cashiers that wait until you come along to change shift with someone else? How about them waiting till you come along to open new rolls of change? Bagging dairy with say your dog food. Its easy to not like a cashier. Also, children say lots of things adults ignore as children have a lot to learn that adults already have learned.

If you want me to agree with you that we are all somehow the same you aren't going to get it. The fact of the matter is I hear people talk about things all day that I have no interest in for the most part/if you think you are boring - it is probably true. On this forum it is easy to tell the predominant age group by what is posted and responses. Its all about 'acceptance'. 'Yeah man! Thats what I would do in that situation too.' Yeah man. I don't give a crap...... If you jumped into the river I would laugh....man.......

Mike Dubbeld
Old 10-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Veteran

When in Rome do like the Romans do. Protagoras the most famous Sophist in the days of Socrates gave speeches and one of his famous sayings is 'Man is the measure of all things.' This can be translated/interpreted as 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'. Everything is subjective. Everything is relative is the idea. So when good ole Protagoras gives his speeches in Athens, he tells the people of Athens how great their heros are. And when in Thebes how great Theban heros are. What is good in Athens is what is good for Athens. What is good in Thebes is what is good for Thebes....... Using this rhetorical approach (and being paid very well for it in his popularity) is basically what politicians do to a large extent. Blow smoke up your ass. If what everybody does is right for them, I guess no one can do any wrong...... I think it is right that you take all your money and put it in a big bag and give it to me. After all, that is what is right for me. Are you going to tell me I am wrong?.......