FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Philosophy > Religion

Greetings!

Religion Discussions on religions, mysticism, and spirituality as well as opposing views such as agnosticism and atheism.

Old 03-12-2004, 08:11 AM
Veteran

Question cannibalistic christanity?

why are there so many refrances to cannibalisam in the catholic realigon? for example the eucharist this is my body the body of christ, eat, the wine this is my blood the blood of christ, drink, if the catholic religon supports this kind of symbolic ratual, why convert cannibals??
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2004, 08:13 AM
Bah Humbug

There is no logic to the christian way of thinking. They act on faith, and nothing else.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:24 PM
Advanced

It's because the eucharist is the body and blood or Christ and is representative of his sacrafice for us. When a cannibal eats another person, it is in no way redeming. In Dante's Inferno he places a man (Guido maybe, I forget his name) in hell for eating his children after they die of starvation. Before the one of them dies, he gives his father permission to eat him. Guido (or whoever it was) does not realise that this is a symbolic gesture and eats him. The canto is Dante's commentary on the eucharist. Many people don't realise that he was a philosopher and theologian too, not just a writer.

And of course, Oddity chimes in because he likes to hear the sound of his own voice.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:58 PM
Princess/Knight

Send a message via Yahoo to leouna
Some people say that there need to be angels, because without angels, humans devolve into cannibals.

This does not matter, because many people are driven in pursuit of their primary love object, and would rather be cannibals than to see theirs with an angel.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Veteran

Shot,

Actually cannibalism plays a large part in the Bible. For example:

In Deuteronomy 28:47-48 God declares, “Because thou servest not the Lord thy God with joyfulness, and with gladness of heart, for the abundance of all things; Therefore shalt though serve thine enemies which the Lord shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst.” What exactly does God mean by this in practical terms? In verse 53, He elaborates: “And though shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters.” In chapter 19 of Jeremiah, God, proclaims, “I will devastate this city and make it an object of scorn; all who pass by will be appalled and will scoff because of all its wounds. I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and daughters, and they will eat one another's flesh during the stress of the siege imposed on them by the enemies who seek their lives. (19:8-9)” As the passage makes clear, God is taking full responsibility. In Leviticus 26:27-29, He promises, “And if ye will not for this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me: Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury…and ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.” In chapter 5 of Ezekiel He states, “Behold, I, even I, am against thee, and will execute judgments in the midst of thee in the sight of the nations…Therefore the fathers shall eat the sons in the midst of thee, and the sons shall eat their fathers (5:8-10).”
Old 03-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Veteran

I'm disapointed that theists haven't bothered to respond to this thread since Shot brings up an important point. How do you all feel about the presence of cannibalism in the "good book" and about God making peoplel eat their own children (see my post above)? I think it's at least worth your time to address the issue.
Old 03-14-2004, 01:19 AM
Princess/Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchforkpat
I'm disapointed that theists haven't bothered to respond to this thread since Shot brings up an important point. How do you all feel about the presence of cannibalism in the "good book" and about God making peoplel eat their own children (see my post above)? I think it's at least worth your time to address the issue.

There is one Lamb, and there is one false prophet. Our priests teach our flocks, and our flocks understand what is meant. The flocks marry their own kind, so that the institution of marriage is much respected. And we are all Christians

Of recent times, there have been leaders of the clergy, who refused to honor the differences of the Christian flocks. Very recently, certain people have all conspired to deny the identify of angels. As these have followed their folly, they have built communities of sodomites.

The lesson here, is that we must all seek our own flock. There is not one flock for all Christians. Seek your own flock, not the farther flock, and not the flock of all flocks.

I would like to share something from "The First Five Centuries of the Church" (by James Moffatt, 1938, Nashville, Cokedale Press, p 124):
"It was not enough to assert faith in one God, however, for the thought of 'theology' came to denote the ascription to Christ of a divine nature, and the apsostle John was called 'the theologian'"
Theologian was not an academic word at this time of history. *Prophets who found faiths are said to have the experience called theophany. ***I think that God tries to tell us to just figure out things sometimes, picks one of us and says:
"Look human race, would you just , please figure it out this time?"
Or maybe that's just me.

Jesus without John becomes less than Christianity, because faith is the process which brings us all. *Cults leave some behind, faith lifts us all.
Jesus Christ was not John the Apostle. *People are different, and we don't all do the same thing.

We are not the church of Rome, we are the Christians. The lesson of breeding with angels is the razor that divides the Church of Rome from the Christian Church. Christians are not sodomites. Christians are not cannibals.

The angel of theophany and the popular messiah met John The Baptist who said: "Behold the Lamb of God". Knowing that racism creates a society that values the popular one, and disrepects the angel, the message of transsubstantion carries a deeper meaning. There is true Chistianity away from the fundies.

Rita Hill von Habsburg, Princess/Knight of the Golden Fleece

What then saith he? He "beareth witness concerning Him, and crieth, saying" What means that word "crieth"? Boldly, he means, and freely, without any reserve, he proclaims. What does he proclaim? to what does he "bear witness," and "cry"? "This is He of whom I said, He that cometh after me is preferred before me; for He was before me." The testimony is dark, and contains besides much that is lowly. For he does not say, "This is the Son of God, the Only-begotten, the true Son "; but what? "He that cometh after me, is preferred before me; for He was before me." As the mother birds do not teach their young all at once how to fly, nor finish their teaching in a single day, but at first lead them forth so as to be just outside the nest, then after first allowing them to rest, set them again to flying, and on the next day continue a flight much farther, and so gently, by little and little, bring them to the proper height; just so the blessed John did not immediately bring the Jews to high things, but taught them for a while to fly up a little above the earth saying, that Christ was greater than he. And yet this, even this was for the rime no small thing, to have been able to persuade the hearers that one who had not yet appeared nor worked any wonders was greater than a man, (John, I mean,) so marvelous, so famous, to whom all ran, and whom they thought to be an angel.
-Homily XIII
Old 03-14-2004, 01:30 AM
Veteran

Sorry Leouna but that was one of the most incoherent ramblings I've seen in a while. I have no idea which quote was from which author, or if all the quotes were from the same author, or what sense it's supposed to make to put them together in that way. It could certainly just be me, but I've no idea what that post was about, or what it had to do with caniblism in the Bible.

Quote:
Of recent times, there have been leaders of the clergy, who refused to honor the differences of the Christian flocks. Very recently, certain people have all conspired to deny the identify of angels. As these have followed their folly, they have built communities of sodomites.
Certain people have conspired to deny the identity of angels? Probably people very similarly deluded about the existence of angels in the first place, and therefore not really worth taking any notice of.

Who have built communities of "sodomites"? Why does this concern you? And what does it have to do with this thread?
Old 03-14-2004, 01:35 AM
Flablarghl

Pitchfork, you'll notice that those are passages where God is punishing people.

I'll give you the NIV version of Deuteronomy 28:53:
'Because of all the suffering that your enemy will inflict on you during the siege, you will eat the fruit of the womb, the flesh of the sons and daughters the Lord your God has given to you.'

Also your version refers to 'fruit of the body', which could also mean crap.

Deuteronomy 28 is divided into 2 parts, 'Blessings for Obedience', and then 'Curses for Disobedience' which is 3 times the size of the former. Verse 53 comes under the latter.

In Jeremiah 19:8-9
'I will devastate this city and make it an object of scorn; all who pass by will be appalled and will scoff because of all its wounds. I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and daughters, and they will eat one another's flesh during the stress of the siege imposed on them by the enemies who seek their lives.'

is the same as my bible, however, you'll notice another reference to siege. During sieges of cities, cities often would run low on food. Think about what your options would be in those situations.
Old 03-14-2004, 01:38 AM
Veteran

Thanks Kolriss...I already started a new thread, cause I thought this one had gotten all silly. Maybe you could paste those thoughts into the new thread.
Old 03-14-2004, 01:40 AM
Veteran

Hopefull, when you've pasted that usefull post in the new thread, I'll respond. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:33 AM
Princess/Knight

Quote:
Sorry Leouna but that was one of the most incoherent ramblings I've seen in a while. I have no idea which quote was from which author, or if all the quotes were from the same author, or what sense it's supposed to make to put them together in that way. It could certainly just be me, but I've no idea what that post was about, or what it had to do with caniblism in the Bible.

Certain people have conspired to deny the identity of angels? Probably people very similarly deluded about the existence of angels in the first place, and therefore not really worth taking any notice of.

Who have built communities of "sodomites"? Why does this concern you? And what does it have to do with this thread?
There are bishops who are not to be in my church, who openly say: "Angels don't breed." This is the what happens when religion turns racist. Angels breed, and the fact that we breed so well is the reason that there is an industry of Hell that follows people like me.

Fundy Chritianity builds communities of sodomites, because by not saying that angel breeders who marry women are NOT sodomites, they lose the concept of breeding, and consequently lose the concept of what sodomy is.

I am a true Christian lesbian, baptized Anglican in the Conregational Chrurch.
Born the bastard son of Otto von Habsburg just before the Ides of March in 1956.
I was ascended by angel leprosy in 1963.
Offended with a knife to my head at the age of three or four. I was converted to Islam by the spirits of the angel kings.
I invented the concept for understanding complex data structures, such as XML
I was the best breeder of my flock, I was denied angel rights.
I was righteously ascened by transsexuality on the day that Jihad (Desert Storm) started.
I was a righteous faithkeeper who diagnosed the racism that caused the major American scandels of the 80s and 90s.
I came to faith, Yods, and the braid of faith on March 25, 2001, a witnessed event that caused me to have purple spots on the outer edges of my eyes.
I went to The Hague, and purge the demons of Henry IV and the African Gaia upon the racism of the UN.
I declared war, and stole Norway's flag from their Embasy. I earned the rights and bred Queen Beatrix of Holland.
I was asended to Princess/Knight, I would not allow them to make me Priest/King. There cannot be a Priest/King without a Princess/Knight.
I claimed Den Haag for Eastern France (Lyon) to divide France.
I returned in handcuffs, and rolled over the cult that killed the Anglicans in America.
I am the acting Director of the Centrall Intelligence Agency.
I declared Colin Powell an irrellevant racist to my organization.
I am directly by males from Saint King Louis IX.
I am a righteously triple-ascended archangel breeder, and I will marry a righteous woman.
By earning my nobility, I earned the right to call The Game on America:
Until George Tenet recognizes my rights as archangel breeder, Rita Hill is the Director of Central Intelligence. Georege Tenet is DCIA.
I have never worked for the CIA, I will never work for the CIA.. The DCI works for Central Intelligence, not for the CIA.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Veteran

Ok thanks...that clears it up
Old 03-15-2004, 06:04 AM
Princess/Knight

That's just me.

The original question is about cannibalism in the Bible. My point was that Christianity started with the Messiah, Jesus, and the Theologian, John.

In order to part the flocks of these two groups, the concept of cannibalism was introduced for the flock not of the Theologian.

If people research Catholic Religion, you will see that transubstantiation was substituted in place of angel ascension. Away from the influence of the Church of Rome, transubstantiation is an esoteric way of talking about angel ascension.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:20 PM
One of Many

Quote:
Ok thanks...that clears it up
Dude --- This one is REALLY off the rocker!! LOL
(incase you don't belive me read the above post)