FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Science/Technology > Biology and Genetics

Greetings!

Biology and Genetics Discussions on biology, evolution, genetics, health, and other related topics.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Banned

What was the change in DNA?

This is a PHENOTYPIC change - mutations are GENETIC changes. Phenotypic changes may be the expression of genetic changes and this is ONE change - one observation does not prove anything.

Try to think beyond middle school science class.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2009, 11:58 PM
Advanced

And you know this change is not a change in genotype, how exactly? You seem hell bent on dogmatically rejecting the possibility of a mutation in favour of a chance expression of a phenotype available from the pre-existing genotype.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:47 AM
Veteran

New to this thread... Fun, but sorry if I'm repeating. I've read through much of the posts. I very much agree with PoseidonsNet comments. Perhaps I can present his thoughts in a slightly different way.

Firstly, the original question "Is Evolution True" is somewhat flawed. The most respected current debate surrounds the HOW it works, rather than IF it is true.

The usage of the popular term Random Mutation, is quickly becoming extinct. Knowledge gained from the Information Sciences is consistently confirming that everything that has to do with code, including the genetic code, is very much determined, and incapable of being a random process at all.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Wrallmig73
is evolution is true

I can accept that apes and us are somehow related. But Im having trouble imagining the case for, for ex. humans & snakes. How does a single-cell evolve into a complex organism? How did that happen?

Forgive me if I sound ignorant. Its just that evolution is never taught in any schools here. Philippines is a very strong Christian country.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:52 AM
Adept

evolution dispute

There have been many participants in the duscussions, some appear to represent God ,yet God has not yet bothered to register.
How easy would it be for a super intelligent to put in a word or two!
Not claiming to represent any deity, I dare after a long absence write my impression.
The spirit-world of the ancient Greeks lives on, numerous Gods are worshipped by many who all claim their God to be superior.
The names have changed but temples for worshipping any one of these Gods under an other name are still build.
All followers will deny their religion evolved from one of the Gods of the ancients by denying the existence of all the others!
We may have evolved but also regressed for at least the ancient Greeks could have favoured one particular God and not deny all the others, doing so did show some respect!
Lack of respect for others has become the core of religious believe for claiming a monopoly is nothing more than the automatic degradation all who think differently! Name calling cannot be evaded!
The destructive effect can easily be pictured by comparing humanity with an organism.
If any of the organs of an organism displays a tendency to monopolise what would you call that?
Regarding our species; diversity has assured our survival, the urge to return to a single organ is perhaps the best indication of evolution and also that it is nearing its end.
Aquatical
Old 06-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Newb

Evolution played an important role not only for the present day humans but all living things today. Biological evolution is change in the properties of populations of organisms that transcend the lifetime of a single individual.