FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Politics > Economics and Business

Greetings!

Economics and Business Discussion of economics, business, finance, money, and various economic systems.

Old 02-24-2006, 12:49 AM

Average American Family Income Declines

Quote:
After the booming 1990s when incomes and stock prices were soaring, this decade has been less of a thrill ride for most American families.

Average incomes after adjusting for inflation actually fell from 2001 to 2004, and the growth in net worth was the weakest in a decade, the Federal Reserve reported Thursday.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-23-09-57-36

Keep backing up the conservatives dragon and MRPOO, this isent the future, this is now !

Dragon busted on his lies ... HERE!

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's - Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2006, 12:05 PM
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Daedelous
Yeah, it's called two things: A Recession and Old News. If the public would keep up with events they would know that the US had a few years of recession beginning in 2001 (gee, I wonder what happened in 2001 that could have affected the economy). But starting in 2004 (which is, ironically, where that article stops its imaginary timeline), our economy was back in full swing hovering around an average 5-6% income gain. I believe inflation is around 2.5%.

Another example of people warping statistics to fit their beliefs.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:28 PM
Symptom of the Universe

What does AVERAGE mean?
Quote:
Since 1975, practically all the gains in household income have gone to the top 20% of households.
Inflation is 3,2%
GINI is 46%
debt is 67,5% of GDP.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedelous
Yeah, it's called two things: A Recession and Old News. If the public would keep up with events they would know that the US had a few years of recession beginning in 2001 (gee, I wonder what happened in 2001 that could have affected the economy). But starting in 2004 (which is, ironically, where that article stops its imaginary timeline), our economy was back in full swing hovering around an average 5-6% income gain. I believe inflation is around 2.5%.

Nothing warped about it, family income, overall is in decline ... I mean you can give it a million reasons but if i have a dollar less then i have a dollar less ...

Now, do you think Bush and his admin have aggrevated this fact or neglected to address it ?

Does americans perceived instability play a part in this ? from investments ... not to mention the way bush has been spending, driving the u.s. into its biggest deficit ever and burning through the huge surplus u had before ...

If the income of the average american family home is down who should address this ?

You shrug it off as old news, thats not an answer and blaming 9/11 for the constant decline isent an answer either ...

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's - Mark Twain

Last edited by ArghMonkey; 02-25-2006 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:36 PM
Veteran

Quote:

We are in a recession now? In the outsourcing thread you were arguing that peoples income was increasing..the economy booming and proving the goodness of outsourcing. You remember that don't you? Actually you probably don't. You just say whatever will suit your purpose for each individual thread.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:35 AM
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Daedelous
MacNeal,

Read my post again. I never said we are in a recession now.

Monkey,

It's not in decline. Read my post again, too.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Symptom of the Universe

Quote:
The Iraq war in March/April 2003 shifted resources to military industries and introduced uncertainties about investment and employment in other sectors of the economy. Though, the United States will continue to be the world leader for many more years, it will have to resolve some long-term problems in order to sustain the growth. These include inadequate investment in economic infrastructure, rapidly rising medical and pension costs of an aging population, sizable trade deficits, and stagnation of family income in the lower economic groups
Economy watch

The USA only releases figures every 3 years, 2006 has just seen 2001-2004 figures released. Presumably it takes americans 2 years to collect data and analyse it. We'll find out about 2005 in 2009.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dragon Send a message via MSN to Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symptom777
Economy watch

The USA only releases figures every 3 years, 2006 has just seen 2001-2004 figures released. Presumably it takes americans 2 years to collect data and analyse it. We'll find out about 2005 in 2009.
Maybe because so many are in denial it is harder for us to get the info. Plus got a big population, and it is not like we force our citizens to give info on their households.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:33 PM
Symptom of the Universe

Plus it's not like anyone gives a shit, is it?
Old 02-27-2006, 08:25 AM
Symptom of the Universe

Some news from the less than average:
Foodbank
Old 03-03-2006, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symptom777
Plus it's not like anyone gives a shit, is it?
Not conservatives and apparently not dragon or a few others on here ...

Old 03-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dragon Send a message via MSN to Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArghMonkey
Not conservatives and apparently not dragon or a few others on here ...
I love how Monkey here(much like Joe) here likes to predict and thinks he knows me, how lovely. Go join your Zionist friend on twisting ones words.

I am tired of your garbage, begone loony. *waves hand*
Old 03-04-2006, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
I love how Monkey here(much like Joe) here likes to predict and thinks he knows me, how lovely. Go join your Zionist friend on twisting ones words.

I am tired of your garbage, begone loony. *waves hand*
If your actions and words help to destroy the middle class then you dont really care if the middle class exists and infact your an enemy of the middle class ...

This is how you cut ur throat all the time, you advocate rules and laws that make ur own life worse, your a dumb shit *L* basically ...

Old 03-04-2006, 06:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArghMonkey
If your actions and words help to destroy the middle class then you dont really care if the middle class exists and infact your an enemy of the middle class ...

This is how you cut ur throat all the time, you advocate rules and laws that make ur own life worse, your a dumb shit *L* basically ...
Keep spewing your garbage and twisting my friend, keep cutting your own throat, and KEEP on thinking you know me.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:43 AM
Veteran

Unemployment is down, GDP and productivity are up, I'm with Daed on this one: the recession is over, try to keep up. When astonishing us with your revelations, Monk, keep the current year in mind. As for future predictions, I'll go with: when unemployment is below 5%, wages must rise due to competition for labor.