FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Philosophy > Religion

Greetings!

Religion Discussions on religions, mysticism, and spirituality as well as opposing views such as agnosticism and atheism.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:40 PM
done

Evolution is a religion!

well?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Veteran

nah
Old 10-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Veteran

You mean like particle physics?
Old 10-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Symptom of the Universe

spring
Old 10-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Veteran

Thumbs up

Evolution is a religion!

Genesis is science, history, geography and maths.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Princess/Knight

Send a message via Yahoo to leouna
Evoloution and the cult of "people who breed like animals get hunted down like animals"

Are a psuedo dualism.

Too bad the meme people didn't tell you about actual dualism.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:07 AM
Veteran

Thumbs up EVOLUTION WAS INTRODUCED IN GENESIS 3,500 YEARS AGO.

The correct protocol of life form groupings is introduced in Genesis. It is validated that vegetation preceded ocean life, and fish preceded fowl, and that speech endowed life is the final group. How did the Hebrews know this and write it down - before anyone else? Does anything change because one Darwin lifted off this data and coined a new word: EVOLUTION?

I say, Darwin could not even think of life form groups had he not read it in the Hebrew bible - and that Darwin was a 100% Creationist who held a Creator source in hs belief. And he got all this from those bad Jews!
Old 10-05-2009, 04:51 AM
Veteran

Actually you may have something there. Not quite so brash but legitimately, Darwin never once mentions the term random mutation in Origin of Species. I don't have the book with me at the moment (with a friend), so I'm paraphrasing the essence of his comments. He did mention the need of a mysterious, as yet unknown and unaccounted for sort of animator for the mechanism of Natural Selection to act upon. But he fully admitted to not knowing what that was.

As I recall, Darwin was quite fond of God's awesome creation. Perhaps I read him with some bias. Perhaps not.

Only later, and not from Darwin, did the term random mutation come about as an explanation for that much sought after animator. Biology became a religion when the concept of Random Mutation was accepted. Just like Origins became a religion when the concept of Singularity was accepted. Science thus becomes a parody of the religions they mock.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:09 AM
Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuinticNon View Post
He did mention the need of a mysterious, as yet unknown and unaccounted for sort of animator for the mechanism of Natural Selection to act upon. But he fully admitted to not knowing what that was.
Not knowing what that was is the most vindicated truth, a sign of honesty and intelligence - and in total allignment with the Hebrew bible and today's state of the art sciences. There is no alternative to creationism - this is specially true via scientific determinations.

Quote:
Only later, and not from Darwin, did the term random mutation come about as an explanation for that much sought after animator.
There is nothing more unscientific and negating of science than the notion of RANDOM applying to the universe. If there was random there cannot also be science and math. The random cannot apply in a finite universe: one can say a car existed infinitely and this would not require any back-up, but one cannot say that in a finite realm - because the latter has no back up. If something never existed once, then came into existence - it could not have done so by itself.

Quote:
Biology became a religion when the concept of Random Mutation was accepted.
There is no greater display of biology than in the Hebrew bible - the only scripture containing ALL animal rights laws, listing the correct protocol of the emergence of life form groupings, and making the bold pointers of the hidden biological differences between animals: the pig is the only creature with a specific biological trait not shared by any other. These constants were made 10000's of years before the term BIOLOGY was coined.

Quote:

Just like Origins became a religion when the concept of Singularity was accepted. Science thus becomes a parody of the religions they mock.
There is no singularity in the universe. Everything which exists began as a duality - it takes two to tango and no actions are possible with ONE. A life form did not emerge as a single entity but as a duality:

'MAN AND WOMEN CREATED HE THEM' [Genesis]

Duh! How else?
Old 10-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Ohellino

Evolve or Shroud

I am as passionate about the findings and speculations of evolution as a fundie is of the findings and speculations of Jesus's recovered shroud and the remains of Noahs ark.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Princess/Knight

Quote:
Only later, and not from Darwin, did the term random mutation come about as an explanation for that much sought after animator.
When the mutations become less than random, there becomes Primal Fear:

The Evolutionists' Contrapositive to God.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Veteran

@leouna

I'm a bit unclear as to your meaning of "when the mutations become less than random". What do you mean by "less than random"? I don't know of anything less. Random is the epitome of thoughtlessness. There is nothing less than thoughtlessness.

Mutations occur at the genetic level, by altering the genetic code. No mutation occurs without a change in the code. Codes do not change on their own, unless they were programmed from the beginning with that specific capacity. Changing code is an extremely determined and specific task, and it cannot happen randomly.

Copying errors perhaps? I think not.

The Transcription process is an extremely elegant and efficient mechanism. It is rife with error correction and redundancy and does not make the numerous mistakes necessary to account for supposed billions of random speciation events throughout earth history.

Mutations are controlled events, and not random at all. Even when subjected to signal noise like radiation, cells react accordingly until the point of destruction.

I've recently heard a few classic Darwinian biologists try and squirm their way out of this predicament. Attempting to re-define the term "random mutation" so it may remain in the scientific lexicon. Random mutation used to define the way the cell worked, but now it's cleverly being used to describe the biologist's lack of predictive interpretation. Random mutation now describes the state of mind of a biologist who doesn't know when, where, or why a particular cell mutates. A clever ruse.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Interhuman Symbiosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohellino View Post
I am as passionate about the findings and speculations of evolution as a fundie is of the findings and speculations of Jesus's recovered shroud and the remains of Noahs ark.
That is also where my passion lay - perhaps you'll find this thread to your liking; http://www.frostcloud.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20557. I'd be interested to read your thoughts on it.

Thucydides
Old 10-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Princess/Knight

Quote:
@leouna

I'm a bit unclear as to your meaning of "when the mutations become less than random". What do you mean by "less than random"? I don't know of anything less. Random is the epitome of thoughtlessness. There is nothing less than thoughtlessness.
Catholic Christians consider intentional adultery less than thoughtlessness. Did you wacth the movie "Primal Fear"?

Quote:
Mutations occur at the genetic level, by altering the genetic code. No mutation occurs without a change in the code. Codes do not change on their own, unless they were programmed from the beginning with that specific capacity. Changing code is an extremely determined and specific task, and it cannot happen randomly.
I am still considering mutations as apart from hybrids. Do the meme people have a reason, that they can explain in public, why I should mutate my point of view?

Quote:
Copying errors perhaps? I think not.
Think about thoroughbreds vs crown slaves, or bow to the ever-revealing faith.

Quote:
Mutations are controlled events, and not random at all.
And when they get dumped on our trailhead, we know who is exploiting their philosophy.

But then, I did say I do worry about places like the British Isles.

Please, people, respect borders, so we may care more.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:07 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leouna View Post
Catholic Christians consider intentional adultery less than thoughtlessness.
I did not watch the movie. I did read through the link. Catholic considerations are based upon subjective morality. My considerations are based upon very simple math.

Energy + Matter = Rock (thoughtlessness)

Energy + Matter + Information = Life (thoughtfulness)

Thoughtlessness has less ingredients than Thoughtfulness. The Catholics would do well to stop judging and start learning basic math skills.

Quote:
I am still considering mutations as apart from hybrids.
I do as well. But regardless, a mutation is directed and controlled process. Unfortunately, biology is always the last to accept the proven knowledge of every other information based scientific industry. This is old knowledge and still surprises me that it's not taught openly.

Let’s not forget that Barbara McClintock was demonized for her discovery of the self regulating transposition process. She had to take her work underground for two decades but was ultimately awarded the Nobel prize.

People didn’t like the fact that she refuted “random” mutation. Here’s what she had to say about it.

Over the years I have found that it is difficult if not impossible to bring to consciousness of another person the nature of his tacit assumptions when, by some special experiences, I have been made aware of them. This became painfully evident to me in my attempts during the 1950s to convince geneticists that the action of genes had to be and was controlled. It is now equally painful to recognize the fixity of assumptions that many persons hold on the nature of controlling elements in maize and the manners of their operation. One must await the right time for conceptual change.

More and more geneticists are confirming her ideas that gene mutation is controlled and not random at all.

James Shapiro writes:

“The conventional view is that genetic change comes from stochastic, accidental sources: radiation, chemical, or oxidative damage, chemical instabilities in the DNA, or from inevitable errors in the replication process. However, the fact is that DNA proofreading and repair systems are remarkably effective at removing these non-biological sources of mutation.”

“Evolutionary genomic change occurs largely by a process of Natural Genetic Engineering.”

”…the degree to which these genome reorganization activities are not random is poorly appreciated. Non-randomness is evident at three levels: mechanism, timing, and sites of action.”

“These examples make it clear that natural genetic engineering occurs episodically and non-randomly in response to stress events that range from DNA damage to the inability to find a suitable mating partner.”

“Molecular genetics has amply confirmed McClintock’s discovery that living organisms actively reorganize their genomes (5). It has also supported her view that the genome can “sense danger” and respond accordingly (56).”

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:...ient=firefox-a

Quote:
And when they get dumped on our trailhead, we know who is exploiting their philosophy.

But then, I did say I do worry about places like the British Isles.

Please, people, respect borders, so we may care more.
It's common knowledge that nothing can be said without intentions. Here, you have intentionally attempted to emulate randomness. You are being very thoughtful in doing so.