FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Politics > Politics and World Events

Greetings!

Politics and World Events A place for all you liberals, conservatives, and even radicals.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:23 PM
Bah Humbug

The next Iraq plan

* Plan A was to be greeted as Liberators, fund the war with Iraqi oil and come home in six weeks.
* Plan B was to forget the liberator stuff, but find the WMD, kill Saddam and remove combat forces asap.
* Plan C was to forget the WMD, but disband the Iraqi military and bureaucracy and make a better one.
* Plan D was to forget plan C, and help Iraq form a new “Democracy” after Plan B also failed.
* Plan E was to quell the sectarian violence that resulted from Plans C and B, and the deep misunderstanding of the population for plan D.
* Plan F was to root out the insurgents that resulted from the failure of plans D and E.
* Plan G was to get al Qaeda bogged down in Iraq, because plan E and F were going so well.
* Plan H was to blame Iran for interfering with Plans E and F, to the extent they worked at all.
* Plan I was to use Iraq as a launch-point to attack Iran, in retribution for Plan H.

and, finally, when it all comes home to roost:

* Plan J is for Jesus to save the day.

In my opinion, the Administration's current plan for Iraq is to make it look like they're doing something until they can pass it off to the next president. Then Bush can claim that it was their fault, everything was going great when HE was in office.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Openminded

Send a message via AIM to madesta
Hopefully, we'll get to plan K: tell the truth, face up to the consequences, learn how to do things differently, unite the world for it shouldn't be devided in the first place.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:52 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dragon Send a message via MSN to Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon
Or we could just go to plan Dragon and say that i was right in that Hussein was needed to be removed after 14 years or so.

Thing is Iraqis are already in many ways on their own in many parts of that nation, and US troops are just overseers of the operations and guides. Its only in certain areas that we have a majority US troops in missions.
What we need to do is tell the Iraqis, "here, take the reigns, we will be behind ya and support ya if you foul up." Only way they are goingt o learn is do it on their own with guides/teachers.

OR

We could just treat the region as we did with Japan and militarize the nation completely like McCarther did. I op for the latter personally, get it done and secure for sure. BUT our leaders in BOTH executive and Senate think otherwise, and YES both have a hand it it boys.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Cultural Infidel

Send a message via MSN to culinarean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
Or we could just go to plan Dragon and say that i was right in that Hussein was needed to be removed after 14 years or so.

Thing is Iraqis are already in many ways on their own in many parts of that nation, and US troops are just overseers of the operations and guides. Its only in certain areas that we have a majority US troops in missions.
What we need to do is tell the Iraqis, "here, take the reigns, we will be behind ya and support ya if you foul up." Only way they are goingt o learn is do it on their own with guides/teachers.

OR

We could just treat the region as we did with Japan and militarize the nation completely like McCarther did. I op for the latter personally, get it done and secure for sure. BUT our leaders in BOTH executive and Senate think otherwise, and YES both have a hand it it boys.
I like plan Dragon the best.

Thing is, being in the military during all this, I never saw all these different plans that Oddity speaks of. Maybe they were in the planning committees that these plans were tossed around? Or maybe he is reading the leftist propaganda sites again...
Old 05-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dragon Send a message via MSN to Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon
I know i said it in a sarcastic tone, but like Culi said, of course you didnt see the plans that way Oddity explained them BECAUSE things are not as simple as 1, 2, 3. The plans probably got more blended maybe? Point is, media we see on a average day doesnt show us all what is going on 100%. In fact i would have to say they are mostly showing the opposite to get ratings.

I know this is a little old:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110006478

http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...y_reynolds.htm

I know some of this is old, but it shows that it is happening and will continue to happen. And this is part of the plan to rebuild Iraq, building homes, schools and more. Sorry Rome wasnt built in a day and if you think rebuilding a nation in about the same amount of time is the plan, you are in for a suprise.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Bah Humbug

My plan list isn't the official stated list obviously, it is merely a conglomeration of all the excuses used by the administration to continuously sell the war.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ddity
My plan list isn't the official stated list obviously, it is merely a conglomeration of all the excuses used by the administration to continuously sell the war.

Ah so it is your view of the "conglomeration of so called excuses"? Because if it is not "official", whos is it from then?
Old 05-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Bah Humbug

Obviously you don't get it. Its a satirical look at the reasons Bush has given for why we are in Iraq so far, plus excuses that may be made based on current rhetoric. Plans A-F have already been rolled out and abandoned.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:20 PM
Banned

Obviously you dont get MY satirical humor behind me picking on your list...forget it.