FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Philosophy > General Philosophy

Greetings!

General Philosophy Thought-provoking, philosophical discussions.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:47 AM
Interhuman Symbiosis

Hey Michael - great work on the suffering elucidation, this place misses your insightfulness, great to see you still post here.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2008, 05:50 AM
Interhuman Symbiosis

This message is hidden because Jorge1907 is on your ignore list.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Newb

Thumbs up suffering only

thanks , for selecting the title suffering, but suffering only not enough to built our selvies.
Also we need good willing and rational mind to feel and know what do we need from our life?
fatma alzhraa
Old 12-02-2008, 09:56 PM
done

eightfold path fatma
Old 12-03-2008, 01:03 AM

Send a message via MSN to Michael. A
Thanks Ben .

I'll try to drop by more often. I'm just rather busy with University studies at the moment. I've definitely discovered much more about myself since I last frequented this place with posts so I'd enjoy to offer my perspective again.

"I think the men should bring you a nice white coat and quarantine you, you bloody looney!!!" - Jimbad
Old 12-03-2008, 01:24 AM
Introverted Excavator

Hey Michael I just read your profile, why don't you play guitar anymore?

When you smile it is like a song and I can hear it now
Old 12-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Newb

the ability to think about the idea of a world without suffering makes us question why it exists. It is a transition of the human conscious from a primitive self into a higher form. WE are developing spiritually and suffering is part of this, for some reason. It all has some meaning, though i do not think One exists high enough to be in complete control, such as GOD, since suffering wouldn't exist, and we could develop without it.']]\

it proves we are simply beings evolving as the world and other lifeforms do, physically and spiritually.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Eyes? I see no eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranos View Post
the ability to think about the idea of a world without suffering makes us question why it exists.
A satisfactory answer for the "why" is up to the beholder because no "why" exists (IMO). You have to invent (choose?) your own. What can be explained is how, at least, for the most part.
Quote:
It is a transition of the human conscious from a primitive self into a higher form. WE are developing spiritually and suffering is part of this, for some reason.
The clever primate has choice when presented with options and forethought to consider those options. A higher form, other than physical mutation, can only be achieved by mental advancement of a person's available faculties. This has physical limitations but those limitations are seldom touched because most of us "thinkers" don't live a life in desperation, or at least, not constantly, and therefore seldom do our best (even if we say we do when we try hard to make it sound better). This is the biggest difference between human and animal, our so-called awareness. When that awareness was directed desperately toward survival it had focus, the effort was extreme and necessary, often absolute. We have atrophied. Perhaps what we call awareness is just "time to think". Rather than focusing on the goal at hand, survival is essentially secured and what we consider survival is a matter of "surviving" the social dynamics. Most wild animals don't have a lot of "time to think". They are geared toward survival and their thoughts are about the next meal, conserving energy, remaining aware of predators and threats, much like humans until our technological aptitude gained momentum (eventually we specialize, develop class systems where the rich have more time to think etc.). I believe our "awareness" and level thereof is a matter of how out of touch we are with suffering. Keeping suffering in perspective (not being a crybaby) is a matter of understanding what's necessary for life and comfort (peace of mind and a full belly, not two cars, a 5 bedroom house, "status" etc.).
Quote:
It all has some meaning, though i do not think One exists high enough to be in complete control, such as GOD, since suffering wouldn't exist, and we could develop without it.
This is the assumption of benevolence being a property of intelligence, benevolence being a human concept (as well as intelligence). Willpower's ability to affect matter directly over vast distances has no base in physics, so I doubt any attempts at psychological understanding of omnipotence or "great power". What we see as problems could be building blocks for "the great plan", if you believe in things like linear time (I believe time is an arbitrary measurement of the space between events and is not a 4th dimension).

Quote:
it proves we are simply beings evolving as the world and other lifeforms do, physically and spiritually.
It proves nothing but I agree with you here.

Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who understand realize that you have no right to let them live.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Interhuman Symbiosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranos View Post
the ability to think about the idea of a world without suffering makes us question why it exists. It is a transition of the human conscious from a primitive self into a higher form. WE are developing spiritually and suffering is part of this, for some reason. It all has some meaning, though i do not think One exists high enough to be in complete control, such as GOD, since suffering wouldn't exist, and we could develop without it.']]\

Nice post dude - welcome to the cloud, I like how you think.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:09 AM
done

Quote:
I believe our "awareness" and level thereof is a matter of how out of touch we are with suffering. Keeping suffering in perspective (not being a crybaby) is a matter of understanding what's necessary for life and comfort (peace of mind and a full belly, not two cars, a 5 bedroom house, "status" etc.).

SWEET!
Old 12-18-2008, 02:31 AM
Banned

sure ben - you could include that tripe in your make believe book!
Old 12-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Eyes? I see no eyes.

You're doing a good job of making yourself out to be a bed-pissing oxygen theif. When was the last time you contributed here? Why do you keep asking ben about his book? Who gives a fuck?

Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who understand realize that you have no right to let them live.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:24 AM
Interhuman Symbiosis

He's pissed off that I reprimanded him for his grammar Nazi style and exposed his own spelling and grammar as too poor to be critical of others - I then provided this link to expose his character http://www.flamewarriors.com/warriorshtm/grammarian.htm. After this he, naturally, went on a vigorous campaign to discredit me and my own perceived endeavours for "saving the world".
Old 12-19-2008, 06:40 AM
Veteran

That website is hilarious, Ben!
Old 12-19-2008, 06:41 AM
Veteran

And on the subject of "an imaginary book" (suddenly a work in progress becomes a figment of the imagination), what are you writing about?