FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Philosophy > Religion

Greetings!

Religion Discussions on religions, mysticism, and spirituality as well as opposing views such as agnosticism and atheism.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 2.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-15-2004, 09:16 AM
Misfit

New Testament

My grandma died yesterday morning.

I was in her room because I needed to find a little wallet so we could put some money in it for her to pay her way into heaven. I found a bible, it’s the New Testament and I have never seen one like this because it begins with Matthew. I never even knew my grandma had a bible, but it’s written in cyrillic and she wrote things inside it and underlined some words, she also marked pages. I looked at the date it was published, 1967, that’s they year she moved to America so I don’t know if that would have anything to do with any updates, and maybe it’s an older version. There was also a pension receipt in the back, it was in dinars and I think that’s how much money I should leave in her wallet. What kind of a bible has only the New Testament with nothing else in it?

I woke up from a dream about her bible, there were a lot of things about it I was being told. I can’t remember except that it had bread, pieces of it inside.

Also, when we were making the funeral arrangements yesterday, the priest that my grandmother was cursing before she died, he’s refusing to do my grandma’s service for her burial at the time we arranged because he has to go to lunch after something else he is doing. Death is one of the most important things in the religion too, there are more customs and traditions done for a dead person more than anything else, and it lasts for years. So she was right about him and my uncle is really pissed off too because he just donated a ton of money.

So anyway, the first word that is marked in her book is cup. I can’t bring the book home until after 3 days.

Matthew 10:42 And whoever gives one of these little ones only a cup of cold water to do drink because he is a disciple, I tell YOU truly, he will by no means lose his reward.”

Luke 22:20 Also, the cup in the same way after they had the evening meal, he saying: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood, which is to be poured out in YOUR behalf.

Luke 22:42 saying: “Father, if you wish remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, let, not my will, but yours take place.

*Doesn't this say prayers don't work if God's will is working in you?

1 Corinthians 10:21 YOU cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; YOU cannot be partaking of “the table of Jehovah” and the table of demons.

Matthew 20:22 Jesus said in answer; “YOU men do not know what YOU are asking for. Can YOU drink the cup that I am about to drink?” They said to him: “We can.”

Matthew 22:23 He said to them: “YOU will indeed drink my cup, but this sitting down at my right hand and at my left is not mine to give, but it belongs to those for whom it has been prepared by my Father.”

I Corinthiians10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not a sharing in the blood of the Christ? The loaf which we break, is it not a sharing in the body of the Christ?

That’s weird because in my dream the book had bread in it. But it sounds like in Mt 22:23 that Jesus isn’t the way. Why would xtians believe that if it isn't so, people can't prepare these things for themselves obviously. Religion is such a fucking waste.

Last edited by Misfit; 12-15-2004 at 09:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2004, 08:07 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dragon Send a message via MSN to Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon
I am very sorry for your grandmas passing. All i can say is remember the important things she taught you that has meaning to you. And i agree what a waste.
Religion i mean.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:58 AM
Veteran

Grandma's are precious things. May her cup runneth over with good deeds.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:52 AM
Princess/Knight

Send a message via Yahoo to leouna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
I Corinthiians10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not a sharing in the blood of the Christ? The loaf which we break, is it not a sharing in the body of the Christ?

That’s weird because in my dream the book had bread in it. But it sounds like in Mt 22:23 that Jesus isn’t the way. Why would xtians believe that if it isn't so, people can't prepare these things for themselves obviously. Religion is such a fucking waste.
I think that books bought with dinars don't go through the Fundamentalism transformation. It might be because they don't say as many bad things to the demons over there. Over here, the demons in the new world get on religious books in order to activate psychopathic reactions. This leads to the cult that draws the line between evolutionism/creationism and intelligent design. Which turns the faith of seeking to breed well into the cult no talking about breeding.

Example:

North African Blessing: Praise be to the god.

Fundamentalist Blessing: Praise be to Jesus who is the only God.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:18 AM
<I'm with her.

I'm sorry about your Grandma, Misfit....
Michaelangelo: I don't get it.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:43 AM
Believer

Condolences, Misfit, on your loss.

Quote:
What kind of a bible has only the New Testament with nothing else in it?
In Australia, Gideon's International regularly distributes New Testaments, without anything else. It is common for the Bible to only have the New Testament in it as it explains all that Jesus did.

Quote:
Luke 22:42 saying: “Father, if you wish remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, let, not my will, but yours take place.

*Doesn't this say prayers don't work if God's will is working in you?
No, Jesus was praying to God (the Father) to relieve His burden, but if that is what is required then He would see it through.

Quote:
That’s weird because in my dream the book had bread in it. But it sounds like in Mt 22:23 that Jesus isn’t the way. Why would [Chris]tians believe that if it isn't so, people can't prepare these things for themselves obviously. Religion is such a fucking waste.
Would your grandmother have agreed with your last statement? And, how does it seem that Jesus is not the Way?
“…for the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.”
Robert Jastrow
Old 12-16-2004, 12:21 PM
Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJoseph
Grandma's are precious things. May her cup runneth over with good deeds.
She really did leave me a cup, it has a bit of coffee stain still on the bottom. It was in her purse.

Thanks guys, but it doesn't feel like she's gone. I'm not really sad for some weird reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen
Would your grandmother have agreed with your last statement? And, how does it seem that Jesus is not the Way?
Yes, because she only prayed for God's will to be done and make all the injust people burn and pop their eyes out. Her prayers were violent. She talked about Jesus, but more or less like a person, she even cried over his persecution and being killed, like she knew him. She wouldn't have wanted anyone to have to go through that. Because through Jesus's example, he prayed to God. When he said the only way is through him, would be through his example, not him as God.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Believer

Quote:
She talked about Jesus, but more or less like a person, she even cried over his persecution and being killed, like she knew him. She wouldn't have wanted anyone to have to go through that. Because through Jesus's example, he prayed to God. When he said the only way is through him, would be through his example, not him as God.
Firstly, Jesus was a person. Secondly, He was also God (the Son). Thirdly, noone should ever have to go through what Jesus went through for us. Fourthly, it is implicitly stated by Jesus Himself that He is the only Way to reach God the Father. Without Him you cannot. Fifthly, Jesus proved His divinity by rising from the dead three days after His crucifixion.
“…for the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.”
Robert Jastrow
Old 12-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen
Firstly, Jesus was a person. Secondly, He was also God (the Son).
If he is the father, son and holy spirit, that means he never existed as a person. Nobody can look at the face of God without dying. So if everyone that looked at Jesus died, how did the story about him get passed on? Unless they wore sackcloth over their head, which would make them mourn death as opposed to rejoicing in it.

Revelation 11:3 And I will cause my two witnesses to prophesy a thousand two hundred and sixty days dressed in sackcloth." 11:4 These are [symbolized by] the two olive trees and the two lampstands and are standing before the Lord of the earth.

There are only two kinds of olive trees, wild and fruit bearing. Two lampstands, one never goes out, the other does. In order to graft a tree to bear fruit, you have to use a tree that doesn't bear fruit. Christians are the only ones that do not bear fruit because they say Jesus is the only way. Contradicting God in itself.

However, since religion made him an image and idol by assuming what he looks like (you can't deny images of Jesus's face not existing) and the wooden cross, with his body nailed on it, although some are of the plain variety. God specifically states in the bible not to worship idols or images, Christianity destroyed the purpose of Jesus by creating an image and idol of him.

Quote:
Thirdly, noone should ever have to go through what Jesus went through for us.
I agree, it's not easy being the bad guy. However it does have it's rewards.

Quote:
Fourthly, it is implicitly stated by Jesus Himself that He is the only Way to reach God the Father. Without Him you cannot.
I already commented on this.

Quote:
Fifthly, Jesus proved His divinity by rising from the dead three days after His crucifixion.
Easter is celebrated every year, for three consecutive days, in hope that one day God's will, will be done. Which is to punish the wicked and unrighteous for worshiping gods.

Also, Satan tempted Jesus to do miraculous things, Jesus refused then. Why would he do what Satan wanted after he died? Because he wasn't be around to refute it.