FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Politics > Politics and World Events

Greetings!

Politics and World Events A place for all you liberals, conservatives, and even radicals.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Bah Humbug

Family group says it wants homosexuality criminalized

Gary Glenn, president of the American Family Association of Michigan, has added his voice to a growing course of American leaders calling for the re-criminalization of homosexuality in the U.S.

In an e-mail to Michigan Messenger, here’s how Glenn responded when asked if he supported the criminalization move proposed by the Family Research Council’s Peter Sprigg’s comments last week on Hardball:

“The short answer to your question is yes, we believe that states should be free to regulate and prohibit behavior that’s a violation of community standards and a proven threat to public health and safety — including, as most of the United States did throughout its history, homosexual behavior.”

Entire article
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Veteran

he should have stopped at "we believe the states should be free."
Old 02-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Symptom of the Universe

... or immediately after his birth.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Supermarine

It makes no sense to outlaw craziness.
That just represses the problem.
They are not mentally fit to stand trial to begin with;
they need to be helped, not abused.
This would only make the problem worse.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Veteran

The article seems alarmist to me. Who are these "American leaders?" What "chorus?"

There's always going to be some yutzes who want to dictate what people do with their body parts. I don't worry about them.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dragon Send a message via MSN to Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ddity View Post
Gary Glenn, president of the American Family Association of Michigan, has added his voice to a growing course of American leaders calling for the re-criminalization of homosexuality in the U.S.

In an e-mail to Michigan Messenger, here’s how Glenn responded when asked if he supported the criminalization move proposed by the Family Research Council’s Peter Sprigg’s comments last week on Hardball:

“The short answer to your question is yes, we believe that states should be free to regulate and prohibit behavior that’s a violation of community standards and a proven threat to public health and safety — including, as most of the United States did throughout its history, homosexual behavior.”

Entire article
A proven threat? Is this guy for real? Wow....what a doofus this Glenn guy is. Anyone that thinks being homosexual is a disease needs their head checked.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Veteran

If you think you can make a lifetime commitment to a homosexual I don't care that's your business. I don't think you can but that is not my issue to deal with. It's enitrely your choice and none of my business.

So what? You just received my opinion about it. Live with it just like we put up with you. Weigh your own measures fairly. Getting violent about your choice isn't going to change anybody's mind.