FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Philosophy > Religion

Greetings!

Religion Discussions on religions, mysticism, and spirituality as well as opposing views such as agnosticism and atheism.

View Poll Results: Could the Architect create us without our feeling of any pain?
YES 2 66.67%
NO 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Veteran

Could the Architect create us without our feeling of any pain?

The pain arrives to our mind by the nerves. It can be strong or weak. Do you think that the pain received in whatever doses is a natural feeling or artificial? The zone which receives the pain is putted in our head on purpose by an Architect? Example the mother who gives birth to a child suffers very much usually, this feeling is meant by the Architect or not? In other words the Architect can eliminate this pain? I mean the operation of birth could it be done without pain if the Architect wanted to?
Old 04-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Advanced

An architect would make it all artificial.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Eyes? I see no eyes.

Way to go, Tranny!

Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who understand realize that you have no right to let them live.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Classic Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georges Hanna View Post
I mean the operation of birth could it be done without pain if the Architect wanted to?
Who cares what the architect wants, women now have a choice to have natural or epideral. I have never felt any pain during child birth so the architect hasn't cursed me with painful births.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Veteran

The truly wise man stops trying to think his way out of pain...
Old 04-30-2008, 07:39 PM
sailor

foolish questions do not deserve an answer
Old 05-01-2008, 01:56 AM
Veteran

Why it is a foolish question?
Old 05-01-2008, 02:16 AM
Veteran

If you are a believer (in God), it will be very important to you to know the answer.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:49 PM
sailor

you are assuming there is a creator of humans without offering any proof that this is the case. Quoting a book of mythology as your answer is not worth anything. wrong conclusions can easily be drawn from the wrong premises that you appear to hold.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:08 AM
Veteran

The wonder of existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEST? View Post
you are assuming there is a creator of humans without offering any proof that this is the case. Quoting a book of mythology as your answer is not worth anything. wrong conclusions can easily be drawn from the wrong premises that you appear to hold.
The wonder of existing.

You did not make yourself; your existing is a wonder don’t you see? All your organs work together in an astonishing way. Who invented you seems to be extremely intelligent. You can call it whatever you like.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:15 AM
snarf

If we didn't exist, if we had no emerging willpower, and our puppet strings were tied to something other than intention, something could be without pain.

If we were created without intelligence, having no ability to compare and contrast, we could be a something that feels no pain.

In order to be alive you must be aware, in order to know the feelings of comparison and contrast. Even thoughts are feelings. If the universe has dual property, it must be portrayed on many levels of our being as conflict or pain. The buddha says, "life is suffering".

I'm just not sure if awareness can be created, or what awareness could create. This brings into the idea of unborn, a reality or perspective that has no life of suffering.

It is likely possible that a perspective could arise where there is no pain and only nothing. If there is nothing, there is no body, and the duality of the universe is blissfully perceived without conflict.

Maybe the architect is a reality that knows no pain, and through 'feeling' we realize this. But if the architect begets himself as the structure through which any pain can be felt, then no reality without pain could ever exist. Both could be true, as paradox, and the dual truths are our cycles through life/suffering and rebirth/death.

As one side of the paradox expresses itself, the architect could demand as a living being that her or his wife's delivery be as painless as possible. If the architect is omnipotent, then I don't know if it should be viewed as architect/father or product/child.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:08 PM
the one who illuminates..

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Hanna
Example the mother who gives birth to a child suffers very much usually, this feeling is meant by the Architect or not? In other words the Architect can eliminate this pain? I mean the operation of birth could it be done without pain if the Architect wanted to?
Yes the architect could have eliminated the pain...But the pain (both physical and mental)has some purpose.

Pain is a sort of impulse.There are many emotions sticked with it...
and yes,..If there were no pain ,there won't be any value for happiness,'cause we won't understand or realize it...

think about human WITHOUT emotions...phew!!!!
The creater is super intelligent..or more than that...he won't do any thing without thinking...or maybe..our brain is not advanced to know the purpose of pain...?...
Old 05-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Classic Misfit

There are medicines that can alleviate physical and emotional pain. If we weren't supposed to be pain free then our bodies would not respond to pain killers. Humans have outsmarted the architect. Humans can also alter/manipulate genes and may we all one day, be born pain free and live painless tear free lives.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Veteran

Yes it is possible to disconnect the mind from the senses and nerves etc. It can be done through hypnosis, drugs or meditation. Another way is through sadomasichism (don't try this at home kids)!

Humans have outsmarted the architect? HA HA HA. Go grow a new set of teeth!

Pain obviously has its uses.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tralne View Post
The creater is super intelligent..or more than that...he won't do any thing without thinking...
It is correct to me.