FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Philosophy > The Mind

Greetings!

The Mind Post your inquiries into the human mind. Topics include cognition, emotion, behaviors, and dreaming.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:54 AM
Veteran

Angry THE PERCEPTION OF ILLUSION OF A REALITY.

I see I understand. Again how its possible to see and understand a reality, what you are looking at and then say its a perceived illusion? I have been on drugs I am aware of perceived illusion. Prove to me reality as you see it is a perceived illusion? I trust my eyes senses mind none of these are percieved.
Are these words percieved or a illusion? Can anyone prove to me reality is a illusion? pljames
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Symptom of the Universe

of course they cannot. Reality is real.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symptom777 View Post
of course they cannot. Reality is real.

The only reality we could perceive is (in) ourselves. The rest is illusion of this only reality. What is illusion? Illusion is what is not real, what we believe is on the outside of us.

What on the outside of us is, is our reflection; so, when we make the split between us and what on the outside of us is, that's illusion.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Symptom of the Universe

No it's not. What we perceive is an image of reality, and that isn't an illusion - an illusion is when we perceive something that isn't real!

We abstract information through our senses, that information comes from reality. Simply because we cannot be sure that reality looks like what we perceive it to look like, doesn't mean that reality isn't there. In fact, since we perceive (very) similar things and can communicate with each other about that which we perceive, we can be very certain that what we perceive is real.

If we were unable to communicate with each other and unable to share experiences then that would be a pretty clear sign that we were in an illusion. When we cannot communicate nor share experiences with those few amongst us, we know it is because they are delusional.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Veteran

No it's not. What we perceive is an image of reality, and that isn't an illusion - an illusion is when we perceive something that isn't real!

Then, what is reality for you?
Old 04-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Banned

everything has a link to each others, the problem for a thing conditionned by its nature to see beyond his nature the bounds with other things and a vague perception of everything that confirm his idea of being somehow real because of reality

i believe that this perception is real because things dont exist really, that is why anyone seem to be more at ease when he is saying bigger and else, i believe we exist of the real interest we feel towards everything and that should be real because of consciousness reality in account of creation

when you want to materialize an idea, you surely know exactly what you want but you know too that this cant be possible without taking an account the cooperation of matters, like directing actors in a film, but this to be real you must see them as real what in truth they would react to you, if you as a movie director could take an account the true emotions of your actors personnality how the creator or god wont do it more truely each time an image is drawn

so illusion is of your limitations, and reality is when you see something dear to you everywhere you would say that dear by this reality of it
Old 04-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Symptom of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_wang View Post

Then, what is reality for you?
everything out there is real!
Old 04-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Veteran

Quote:
What is that "out there" without you?
Old 04-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Symptom of the Universe

same as it is without you, only the other way around.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Veteran

Quote:
same as it is without you, only the other way around.
How do you know I am real?
Old 04-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Advanced

You're responsive, portray substance and follow previewed patterns.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB21 View Post
everything has a link to each others, the problem for a thing conditionned by its nature to see beyond his nature the bounds with other things and a vague perception of everything that confirm his idea of being somehow real because of reality

i believe that this perception is real because things dont exist really, that is why anyone seem to be more at ease when he is saying bigger and else, i believe we exist of the real interest we feel towards everything and that should be real because of consciousness reality in account of creation

when you want to materialize an idea, you surely know exactly what you want but you know too that this cant be possible without taking an account the cooperation of matters, like directing actors in a film, but this to be real you must see them as real what in truth they would react to you, if you as a movie director could take an account the true emotions of your actors personnality how the creator or god wont do it more truely each time an image is drawn

so illusion is of your limitations, and reality is when you see something dear to you everywhere you would say that dear by this reality of it
I don't know whether you're non-english speaking with too much trust in the babel website or just pathologically pretentious. Well, ok, I KNOW you're not english-speaking; but I don't know whether english is supposed to be your first language.

But I implore you; you are making no sense. By that, I DON'T mean that you're so ahead of your time that we are not worthy to see your towering genius. I mean that your writing is so very poorly constructed that it is impossible for anyone to know what you're saying, regardless of the validity of the thought behind the words.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:21 AM
Veteran

Thumbs up Excellence

Quote:
777 you've made my year...right on. pljames
Old 04-30-2008, 01:58 AM
An old dog

Shadows are cast by real objects. Interpretation of shadows is subjective.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Symptom of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo View Post
Shadows are cast by real objects. Interpretation of shadows is subjective.
sounds clever, but in fact if we all interpret the shadow as the same thing, then there's a better than god chance that we're being objective.

example, if that shadow is cast by little boy, then we'll be casting shadows soon.