FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > FrostCloud.com > FrostCloud News & Updates

Greetings!

FrostCloud News & Updates Discussions on the latest site and forum developments.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:55 AM
Advanced toddler

Wow, entrapping them shouldn't be illegal! There are some silly laws on the books.
Modern witch killing
Praise
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2009, 04:16 AM
Veteran

Attacked again. Spyware.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:27 AM
Interhuman Symbiosis

Kzirb just informed me that he was attacked by a vicious Trojan Virus on frostcloud and he can no longer post here (what a shame - he'll be sorely missed), he had to reboot his entire system. This is turning into a serious problem for FC - several regular posters have left this site purely for this reason. Icestorm - this needs to be addressed immediately.

Thucydides
Old 08-03-2009, 05:25 AM
Veteran

Listen people, if you use ebay or do you taxes online or have valuable information credit card numbers/bank account numbers/or valuable client or company data, you really need to have your computer CLEANED. The only free one i can recommend at this time is spybot.com even though my Norton 360 detected this particular spy. Look for free spyware on the web you can trust. I will likely post much more detail on this subject later but you should know that your being on this forum means you are infected most likely. No passwords or files you have are secure. No credit card numbers on your PC. Better watch it for identity theft. I read today that over 10 million people in the US suffer identity theft to one degree or another EVERY YEAR. (Federal Trade Commission/FTC) If you can afford Lifelock identity protection it is a good idea. It is a shame these things cannot be resolved at the FC server level.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:41 AM
Veteran

Oh I forgot, Since my Norton detected the spyware and prevented it, my own spybot software never had the chance to detect it had it been installed. I don't know if spybot will detect and remove it or not. Same with Windows Defender. Apples and MAC systems are less likely to be infected with spyware and the same with Linex. PC security is a compled subject. Firewalls/virus's/worms/spyware/scareware/rogue software. Then there are (ro)bots that uses your PC to steal something from someone else or worse a complex network of bots that make tracing back to the thief difficult to impossible to track. Although if you work for the NSA and have access to supercomputers and can control satellites, and have the security clearance and need to know to get into almost any law enforcement agency on the planet that has diplomatic relations with your country, and an entire team of hackers that can track the spy's movements real time, and they don't want to simply study what the spy is doing to that might lead to bigger fish or not blow their on-going investigations, then I guess you can have that countries law enforcement agency apprehend them..... Good luck. That is why there are so many spys on that account alone - not likely they are going to be caught and there is easy money when you leave your front door open and wallet on the floor just inside the door for potential theives to trip over night after night..... Get security. Don't screw around.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:49 AM
Interhuman Symbiosis

Thanks for your efforts on this Mike - it is appreciated.

Thucydides
Old 08-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Interhuman Symbiosis

Kzirb has been forced to leave this site due to this problem, others have informed me that they also cannot come here anymore because of this problem, this is a big problem so I'm going to pm Icestorm and let him know what's going on, I'll add this thread.

Kzirb also said the bad file comes under this name "nafrog.com/nic" - there is more to it but I don't want to provide it all as some people here may press the link and get the virus.

Thucydides
Old 08-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Adept

To elaborate, my problems are different. Sexual issues, you know. I can only rejoice that I have glenn aka glennda (pronounced glenn - duh) to share my perversion and disease.

Thucydides
Old 10-31-2009, 08:22 AM
Veteran

jkl;aj;aklfjkl;ajkl;jkl;ajkl;
Old 11-01-2009, 04:38 AM
Hodie adsit, cras absit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme Virus View Post
Wow, entrapping them shouldn't be illegal! There are some silly laws on the books.
Entrapment is morally indefensable, clearly you are the in recipt of illigal information??
Old 11-01-2009, 04:48 AM
Hodie adsit, cras absit.

It may well be that I will have no choice but to stop coming here, far to much is going on this end to allow for the luxary or compramised security as it is this computer seems have been infected by spys using a back door that I was unaware of. I would ask you to remove my e-mail address from you server for now and hope that at some point in the future it is safe to return here as it is we have a number of difficulties communicating on this line. Lets just say that we are going to take up our bed and walk to london. The lisbon deal is a step to far, in terms of intergration with a population on the edge of open rebellion all good hands are needed at the front. If you are considering banning any one, then rather than leouna who is right, you could taget that out of control IamJ who is rather two narrow minded for the current age. Lets be honest he is a trouble maker...Meme Virus? See you later ben an crowd but this place is far to open for its own good.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:32 AM
Newb

The computer is infected application is called a thief SysAntivirus 2009 then receives a pop-up message Spyware Alert. Spyware Alert mimics Windows Security Center warnings and system tray opens so you believe that your computer is infected with spyware. However, reported threats is purely fictitious and does not exist.