FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Politics > Politics and World Events

Greetings!

Politics and World Events A place for all you liberals, conservatives, and even radicals.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-18-2005, 07:54 PM
Veteran

Canadian Healthcare - the facts...

What are Canadians saying about their healthcare? If you're healthy... it's great (you don't need it). If you're sick... it sucks!

Here's what Canadians are saying about their experiences...

watch video

I can pick up the phone and have an MRI today or tomorrow. Not so in Canada.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2005, 09:06 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to MPDC
What the hell first the drugs, now the health care????
Old 11-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dragon Send a message via MSN to Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon
Yes MPDC that is what we are saying and that is what is being said...its always been that way. Monkey may not admit it, but its true.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:34 PM
Child of the Korn.

Send a message via MSN to free tibet
Silly canadians should have a nice NHS like we do....though here you have to wait for operations and such too.
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many - they are few.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:39 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dragon Send a message via MSN to Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon
But you shouldnt have to wait for certain operations that are so simple especially if you can pay for it.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:43 PM
Banned

LOL!
Pets get better health care then people!
Old 11-18-2005, 11:45 PM
Child of the Korn.

Send a message via MSN to free tibet
That's what private the healthcare is for, for example companies like BUPA. Many people who can afford it opt for private health insurance, the NHS is just there for people who can't afford private or for anyone in need really. It's the whole "safety net" them at play again.
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many - they are few.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:53 PM
Banned

But then again(not sure if you watched the part where the man lost his mother because of this wait) why wait for so long for simple operations like certain eye operations or anything else that matter....now that doesnt mean we dont wait down here in USA, but we have more hospitals to choose from to make our choice...thus getting us in faster to solve the issue to save our life. Now they didnt mention Britian so i will say i need to look more on your system.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:30 AM
The Enforcer

There is some rationing in nhs, as many medicines cost large amounts.
my own treatment costs thousands of pounds a year. I suspect the Canadian system is much like ours, that is excellent in the most past but with some areas that need attention. IN the UK you can get an MRI tomorrow if your willing and able to pay otherwise you might have to wait a few weeks. Den testy is where we are currently falling behind, whilst in other areas things continue to improve year on year. Fact is you cannot have a free health service health care is expensive. Sadly people like my late father in law still die, and leave nagging questions like why his GP took two weeks to take a simple blood test, which if dealt with more promptly might have extended his life a little, we will never know if he would have been better cared for in the states as he was quite poor I suspect our NHS delivered the best care available. One thing that often gets forgotten is that we do indeed pay for our health service over a lifetime this will amount to a large sum of money, in the UK is you want private medicine you pay twice, although there may be some tax breaks for higher earners who opt out.

Last edited by ladybug; 11-19-2005 at 01:37 AM.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:19 AM
Banned

So do you have a choice or not? Sounds like you pay for health care for all but can still use private...isnt that over pricing the whole public for nothing? I guess i am confused at that logic.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:30 AM
•••

This is pathetic, I did a little investigating myself and it turns out that this website was setup by an american to try to bash Canadian health care.

The owner of the website and the person that made this short film is "Stuart Browning",a radical right wing nut from Florida and the film festival is touted as "Hollywoods Conservative Film Festival" *LMAO*

http://www.libertyfilmfestival.com/

And this is all from just a little bit of investigation ...

I almost cant care since we have better health care then the states, this site seems to be an attempt to actually counter american desent against the medical system there, why else would Stuart had included a paragraph like this:

Quote:
A Canadian friend of mine boasts about their health care system. How does this square with what you're saying?
There is so much to say on this subject legitimately, I will give u a few examples, 1. my dad had cancer when he was about 30 and with only one income at that time his medical bills were covered completely, he waited less then a month for surgery and we had a inhome worker come and change my dads bandages once a week for almost a year, all covered, FREE ! not a single dollar out of my parents pocket.

My cousin has cerebral palsy and cannot walk or hold his arm properly, my young aunt was fighting to pay the bills and her and my uncle needed lots of expensive surgery after my cousin was born and it was all covered, no money ....

Hahahahahahaha here the FreeRepublic talking about the film, right wing NUTS ! *LMAO*

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-.../1500914/posts

But anyway I live the reality, your listening to an american radical conservatives take on Canadian health care, designed to convince americans not to dare think about socialized medicine, so be it, your welcome to ur for profit system when it comes to health *LOL*

Dragon busted on his lies ... HERE!

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's” - Mark Twain

Last edited by ArghMonkey; 11-19-2005 at 06:33 AM.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:41 AM
•••

Heres some more about this conservative film festival:
Quote:
Stuart Browning and Blaine Greenberg's Dead Meat, which takes on the Canadian health care system. Both are rough drafts of features-in-progress.

And even they were given anti-left frames. The festival program cast Dead Meat as the right's counterpart to Sicko, Michael Moore's forthcoming exposé of American medicine. (If you asked this audience which they'd rather live in, a world without socialized health insurance or a world without Michael Moore, I'm not sure the fellow from Flint would survive.)
Quote:
So what were the politics on display? Some films merely expressed conservative cultural values—Christian themes ran through several shorts—but more often the movies favored nationalism, the military, and an active foreign policy. Documentaries called for reforming the United Nations (Broken Promises), endorsed the Iraq war (365 Boots on the Ground), stuck up for Israel (Entering Zion), and denounced radical Islam (Obsession, which won the festival's Best Feature award).
Quote:
But its worst transgressions are against the craft of journalism, not the art of film. It isn't just that the interviewees all come from the same perspective. (Israeli liberals are invisible here, and the Palestinians are represented only by a montage of terror footage.) It's that there's so little context that it's not always clear what point the hawks are trying to make. At one point, the travelers stop at a site called Black Arrow. I'm not sure what this place is, though I assume it has something to do with the military operation of that name led by Ariel Sharon in 1955. I suspect I should know what the place is, given that someone spoke about it on-camera at considerable length, but the filmmakers' microphone kept picking up the wind, drowning out whatever the man was saying. Not every film at the festival displayed such technical incompetence, but an uncomfortably large minority did.
Quote:
Everyone eventually becomes the thing they most despise, so it's no surprise the right would start to look like its favorite demon. It could be worse, I suppose. They could look like Melrose Larry, who stood up in one Q&A session to wonder whether anyone would ever make a movie of his book Why the Clintons Belong in Prison.
*LMAO* Hahahahahahahaha ... right wingers are a funny, simple breed ...

http://www.reason.com/links/links102605.shtml

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's” - Mark Twain

Old 11-19-2005, 06:53 AM
•••

And to further educate you on the reality of this smear campaign here is the waiting times from B.C. !

http://www.healthservices.gov.bc.ca/...me/median.html

also heres the Canada Health Act, http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/C-6/index.html

And just FYI the waiting time for general surgury was a three week wait ... oh and its free .... ya thats right .....

Last edited by ArghMonkey; 11-19-2005 at 06:57 AM.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:25 AM
Banned

And yet you smear our ssytem down here not knowing a damn thing...real original Monkey.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:36 AM
•••

Thing is your the ones that admit u know nothing about Canadas health care system, im the one that reads way too much about it and how rotten it is, even the u.n. has ranked you low because of ur health care ...