FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Philosophy > Religion

Greetings!

Religion Discussions on religions, mysticism, and spirituality as well as opposing views such as agnosticism and atheism.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-04-2006, 01:11 PM
IamJoseph IamJoseph is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 22,527
Thumbs up Re: ID, OR NO ID?

ID, OR NO ID?

It seems the only Q applicable to this issue has not been confronted. It seems the scientists and the theists have been hiding behind their pet paranoias, instead of answering the Q plainly. So forget about whether ID being a front for religion - and forget about it being not a science. Instead, the Q is:

IS THERE INTELLEGENCE IN THE UNIVERSAL INFRASTUCTURE - OR NOT?

IS THEIR A DESIGN (PROGRAM) TOO - OR NOT?


The issue of religion and/or science are secondary sub-plots to this question, and tehnically - unrelated. Well...?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 01-04-2006, 04:29 PM
rpm_artist's Avatar
rpm_artist rpm_artist is offline
Yeah... well... maybe
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 480
It seems to me that design is inherent in the fact that we can designate and define things in existence. The "human body," for instance, carries a particular definitive understanding with it, which seems to infer design in and of itself. However, the true argument seems to be the origin of that design, not the design itself. The question quickly becomes: does an apparent design in creation necessarily denote a designer? This is where science and religion (faith) part ways.
__________________
"We have not succeeded in answering all our problems. The answers we have found only serve to raise a whole set of new questions. In some ways we feel we are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a higher level, and about more important things."
-Bernt Oksendal

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction."
-Blaise Pascal
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-04-2006, 04:52 PM
Symptom777's Avatar
Symptom777 Symptom777 is offline
Symptom of the Universe
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 18,001
Blog Entries: 12
I suggest you all read up on CA - so here's a link for those that have the will to learn:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellular_automaton
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Misfit
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thanks Symptom, cryptology is neat.

I suppose the only set back with ID is that not everyone will understand it. That's going to make some kids feel stupid and they won't be able to advance society. The ones that think they understand it will harm society too because they will have so many different ideas about it. That's how power stuggles begin and lead to war and death. It will become pointless and propel us into another 3,000 years of stupidity ruling the earth.

I think we should just leave creation in the privacy of people's bedrooms.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Zhavric's Avatar
Zhavric Zhavric is offline
The one and only...
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJoseph
ID, OR NO ID?

It seems the only Q applicable to this issue has not been confronted. It seems the scientists and the theists have been hiding behind their pet paranoias, instead of answering the Q plainly. So forget about whether ID being a front for religion - and forget about it being not a science. Instead, the Q is:

IS THERE INTELLEGENCE IN THE UNIVERSAL INFRASTUCTURE - OR NOT?

IS THEIR A DESIGN (PROGRAM) TOO - OR NOT?


The issue of religion and/or science are secondary sub-plots to this question, and tehnically - unrelated. Well...?
There question you should be asking yourself, Joseph, are...

ARE YOU CAPABLE OF PROVIDING EVIDENCE OF ID WITHOUT SIMPLY ASSUMING IT EXISTS AND EXPECTING EVERYONE ELSE TO ACCEPT YOUR ASSUMPTION ON FAITH?




So far, as evidenced from other threads, the answer is a resounding no.

Oh, and don't bother replying without links to ligitimate sites that support your assertions. We're sick to death of watching you talk out of your @$$.
__________________
All of you are retarded.

ZHAVRIC
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-04-2006, 10:23 PM
Zhavric's Avatar
Zhavric Zhavric is offline
The one and only...
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm_artist
It seems to me that design is inherent in the fact that we can designate and define things in existence. The "human body," for instance, carries a particular definitive understanding with it, which seems to infer design in and of itself. However, the true argument seems to be the origin of that design, not the design itself. The question quickly becomes: does an apparent design in creation necessarily denote a designer? This is where science and religion (faith) part ways.
Function =/= proof of design.
__________________
All of you are retarded.

ZHAVRIC
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Zhavric's Avatar
Zhavric Zhavric is offline
The one and only...
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
Thanks Symptom, cryptology is neat.

I suppose the only set back with ID is that not everyone will understand it. That's going to make some kids feel stupid and they won't be able to advance society. The ones that think they understand it will harm society too because they will have so many different ideas about it. That's how power stuggles begin and lead to war and death. It will become pointless and propel us into another 3,000 years of stupidity ruling the earth.

I think we should just leave creation in the privacy of people's bedrooms.
Misfit = crack smoker.
__________________
All of you are retarded.

ZHAVRIC
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-04-2006, 10:52 PM
Misfit
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhavric
Misfit = crack smoker.
You're mama.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-05-2006, 02:06 AM
TruthInArt's Avatar
TruthInArt TruthInArt is offline
ACT Art Reform Tourist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ZION
Posts: 5,016
Blog Entries: 3
Smile WoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symptom777
I suggest you all read up on CA - so here's a link for those that have the will to learn:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellular_automaton
Familiars -- Parentage -- Fathers
Relations -- Friends ------ Mothers
Knowlege -- Nest-----------Eagles

So there are 512 possible sentences in this set of nine words amazing.
__________________
Love knowledge of the truth to trust for all eternity that is the BIBLE.
Power to be learning the ways of reason and not the ways of violence.
Wisdom to be acheiving the objective of the predicate of all sentences.
Justice to the poverty stricken nescience the poor children's innocence
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-05-2006, 02:08 AM
jademunky's Avatar
jademunky jademunky is offline
Bigfoot Denier
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,133
Send a message via Yahoo to jademunky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symptom777
I suggest you all read up on CA - so here's a link for those that have the will to learn:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellular_automaton
Wasn't there a book on that out a few years ago? 'A New Kind of Science' or something like that. (note: I did not actually read that mutherfugger, its huge) It essentially explains how a few simple basic rules yield complex design and argues how these patterns might apply to real life.
__________________
In a world without Walls & Fences, who needs Windows & Gates?

-Unknown source
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-05-2006, 02:13 AM
TruthInArt's Avatar
TruthInArt TruthInArt is offline
ACT Art Reform Tourist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ZION
Posts: 5,016
Blog Entries: 3
Talking ID-Ego-Conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhavric
ARE YOU CAPABLE OF PROVIDING EVIDENCE OF ID WITHOUT SIMPLY ASSUMING IT EXISTS AND EXPECTING EVERYONE ELSE TO ACCEPT YOUR ASSUMPTION ON FAITH?
Do you hate being beaten up and left in a bloody pile on the ground?
Have you ever had such an event occur to you personally old bean?
One morning I woke up in jail in 2000 with very shitty pants on, why?
Creative Intelligent Design infer from effects to determine causes.


__________________
Love knowledge of the truth to trust for all eternity that is the BIBLE.
Power to be learning the ways of reason and not the ways of violence.
Wisdom to be acheiving the objective of the predicate of all sentences.
Justice to the poverty stricken nescience the poor children's innocence
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-05-2006, 02:50 AM
Zhavric's Avatar
Zhavric Zhavric is offline
The one and only...
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
You're mama.
Well fucking make sense, woman. In my brief tenure here I've learned that I can rely on you to do your best to drive threads off-topic and/or mention your husband.

What am I supposed to make of

"I suppose the only set back with ID is that not everyone will understand it. That's going to make some kids feel stupid and they won't be able to advance society."

WTF are you talking about? ID is poorly veiled creationism packaged as junk science. There's nothing to mis-understand.

Lay down the pipe.
__________________
All of you are retarded.

ZHAVRIC
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-05-2006, 03:06 AM
IamJoseph IamJoseph is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 22,527
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm_artist
The question quickly becomes: does an apparent design in creation necessarily denote a designer? This is where science and religion (faith) part ways.
I disagree. This is where science and religion ARE apart - the logic of ID or no ID must be confronted nonetheless for and of itself.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-05-2006, 03:12 AM
IamJoseph IamJoseph is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 22,527
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhavric
There question you should be asking yourself, Joseph, are...

ARE YOU CAPABLE OF PROVIDING EVIDENCE OF ID WITHOUT SIMPLY ASSUMING IT EXISTS AND EXPECTING EVERYONE ELSE TO ACCEPT YOUR ASSUMPTION ON FAITH?


.
Never mind my assumption - everyone has one. That is why I posed the Q independent of anyone's assumptions. How about a pristine, pure, technical and independent YES or NO - free from any assumptions - as from a computer like HAL - that is my premise here: how would HAL answer?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-05-2006, 03:15 AM
IamJoseph IamJoseph is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 22,527
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit

I think we should just leave creation in the privacy of people's bedrooms.
So....what's your bedroom answer to the Q?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:12 PM.



Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited
Hosted and Maintained by The IceStorm Network