FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Blogs > Ducky's

Greetings!

Rate this Entry

Life update, in case people care.

Posted 12-09-2009 at 04:10 PM by lisa_is_ducky
My last blog entry was posted while I was in Arizona. I moved back to Connecticut in April and broke up with the guy down there. I haven't had a boyfriend since, but I've dated a bit. I guess I have a few lingering commitment issues.

My dad's been sick. His brain started bleeding a year ago. He was supposed to have brain surgery, but because he was on blood thinners (he had a valve in his heart replaced about five years ago), they couldn't operate right away. He would have bled out on the table if they had. He got better, but he's not the same anymore. My dad aged a lot this past year, and it hurts to know that he's not going to live forever.

I've been becoming incredibly patriotic lately. I've made a few friends in the Navy (there's a base about 40 minutes from my house). It's sad when they leave.

I considered joining the Navy, but I have asthma and psoriasis, so that's a no-go. I know I'll end up back in school eventually. I want to work with children.

All in all, I've grown up a huge amount since I was an active member here. I still think about you guys sometimes. Drom. Sparky. Isis and Ra. Frish. Symptom. Colonel. Kyman. Dragon. Kolriss. Even Icestorm.

Honestly, though, I've forgotten a lot of what we used to discuss. And random details of your lives. I've forgotten a lot about this place. Sad. But that's what happens. You grow up. Move on. Get busy. That's life.

I promise to write again in the next ten years. Maybe something eventful will have happened by then.
Total Comments 3

Comments

Old
So, Lisa, I'm curious about your psoriasis; not because I have a skin-disease fetish or anything like that, but because I have it, too. How severe is your case? How has it impacted your life? Which part of your body is affected? Do you know any good remedies? Do I ask too many questions?

Glen.
Old
Glad to see you around again. Even Frish was back for a visit.

Sorry about your Dad though. Hope he weathers the storm peacefully.

I'll bet you miss Arizona. New Mexico was my favorite state but Arizona was a close second. Did it help the asthma while you were there?

Thanks for the note you left for me and see you next time around.

C
Old
Glen, my psoriasis isn't a huge part of my life. It was so bad when I was 18, they put me on Embrel. It cleared most of it up, and I stopped the treatment. I have a few spots here and there on my arms, but now it's mostly on my forehead and scalp. It's not TOO severe (nowhere near what it was), but it's enough to make it hard to hide. So I stopped caring. I basically just use lotion. My dad picked me up some Emu oil made for people with psoriasis. It's pretty neat.

Colonel, thanks for that message. My dad is doing a lot better, for the most part. I still see changes in him, but he's still a fairly healthy guy.

My asthma only comes out when it's very cold, so I had no symptoms in Arizona. Still, I don't really miss it. It's nice to visit, but I need foliage! Connecticut is where I'm going to stay... Unless my entire family dies, then I promised my boyfriend I'd move to his native Texas.

Recent Blog Entries by lisa_is_ducky