FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Blogs > Andy

Greetings!

Rate this Entry

More on Bukowski...

Posted 08-24-2008 at 10:52 PM by Andy
Updated 08-24-2008 at 10:57 PM by Andy
Nobody seemed interested in my Charles Bukowski thread but here's some more anyway.

When love becomes a command, hatred can become a pleasure.

If you don't gamble, you'll never win.

Beautiful thoughts, and beautiful women never last.

You can cage a tiger but you're never sure he's broken. Men are easier.

If you want to know where God is, ask a drunk.

No pain means the end of feeling; each of our joys is a bargain with the devil.

The difference between Art and Life is that Art is more bearable.

I'd rather hear about a live American bum than a Greek God.

There is nothing as boring as the truth.

Almost everybody is born a genius and buried an idiot.

A brave man lacks imagination. Cowardice is usually caused by a lack of proper diet.

Sexual intercourse is kicking death in the ass while singing.

When men rule governments, men won't need governments; until then we are screwed

FIND MORE ABOUT CHARLES HERE>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Bukowski

Total Comments 1

Comments

Old
Thanks for that Andy. Its was..what was it?..emotional, fascinating, emotive..don`t really know yet to tell you the truth. i have never heard of charles bukowski til now, but will look more for his writings & words, they affected me in some way that is indiscenable at the moment!
I used to sit on the streets talking to guys like charles, though it was my job. I had set up an agency for the homeless in plymouth Uk..but I `knew` them anyway! My friend was is now dead was a brilliant artist http://www.lenkiewicz.org/, spent all his money that he made on art, on these guys. he felt they were the truly free & was a great advocate for their philosophies. So much so he called them after great philosophers like Diogenes. he painted other stuff,mainly though about socially unacceptable things in life ie: masterbation, suicide,death etc, but his great passion was street life..hence how we got to know each other. he had the most brilliant private library, all about the dark arts, s/m & deep dark thoughts.
Mybe that & my street life was what i related to in charles..I don`t know yet! I just love his one-liners/quotes..spot on! Well at least I answered your blog hey andy?!

Recent Blog Entries by Andy