FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Culture > Creative Writing and Artwork

Greetings!

Creative Writing and Artwork Post your poems, short stories, songs, art, and other creative works here.

Old 05-31-2010, 04:58 PM
Introverted Excavator

Two kinds of freedom (short story)

She walked in feeling hopeful and put on the anonymous record she had just purchased earlier at a rummage sale, wondering if it would still play in its well worn condition. This is what she heard:

“Pedaling fast on an old bike gifted to him from an even older friend, Leonard ducked away from the clutching branches of the lonely dogwoods looking only for a companion to pass through their single file lives among the empty city streets. But Leonard Potter wasn’t having any of it tonight. He was free as a stray dog and pedaling hard with the help of wings made of sorrow in the dim light of the hot night.

The moon has a tendency to form such ghosts as the memories flying through Leonard’s crowded mind as he moved through the hot, lonely streets. Aching and sweating, his head rattled in its self imprisoned cage and he longed for rest like an eternally wandering skeleton driven mad by its own guilt and regret. But he was free. Free from Lilith’s unholy charm and the shackles of her alluring eyes he thought he saw once in a dream. Free and alone. Free and having no idea of what to do with that heavy kind of freedom.

But those bright moon eyes found him as he helplessly slept, moving through him with whispering promises made of smoke. Eyes green as a haunted forest, always almost blue like a sky they knew could start raining anytime. Eyes as big as the pregnant earth herself said to him, ‘My kiss is sweeter than the wild clover’s honey and lasting despite its cruel brevity. Like your time beneath my head as I slowly breathe and sleep curled up next to you in my single bed, you’ll feel so lucky then to be lying there and wish you could for a thousand years.‘

‘I know you’re lost with your heart as your only compass now,’ said the hungry eyes of the verdant moon, ‘And I know we’ve both been burned before, but you don’t turn away to run if you were meant to swim when the ocean’s at your door. Here is the freedom of flying with the unknown. It's a bit like falling if you know how to dance.’

And he believed them.”

-scratch-

The record player suddenly fumbled and the story changed from an overly romanticized dark love story to a fuzzy argument between two apparent strangers who grew tired and bored and eventually stopped talking altogether.

When you smile it is like a song and I can hear it now
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Supermarine

Quote:
The record player suddenly fumbled and the story changed from an overly romanticized dark love story to a fuzzy argument between two apparent strangers who grew tired and bored and eventually stopped talking altogether, because they never had a child together, so her heart was broken.

Quote:
The record player suddenly fumbled and the story changed from an overly romanticized dark love story to a fuzzy argument between two apparent strangers who grew tired and bored and eventually stopped talking altogether, because they never had a child together, so her heart was broken.

Quote:

Quote:

But he did love them all, but girls are impatient,
they tell me its a biological clock, or something.
But girls, they're just in a hurry.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Introverted Excavator

Wait, so you're saying it didn't work out because I didn't make a baby with her? Screw that she was a beezy.

When you smile it is like a song and I can hear it now
Old 06-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Supermarine

wassa beezy?
Old 06-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Veteran

Breezy?
Old 06-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Introverted Excavator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoseidonsNet View Post
wassa beezy?