FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Philosophy > The Mind

Greetings!

The Mind Post your inquiries into the human mind. Topics include cognition, emotion, behaviors, and dreaming.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:16 AM
the one who illuminates..

Insomania.

sleeplessness...

that's my currunt problem...
when I want to sleep,diffrent kinds of thoughts disturb my mind...so I m not getting a good sleep.I forced my self to sleep,I promised my self that I wont think any thing while I sleep,it stresses my mind more.and that 's not working either.

This problem is very disguisting..due to this,I wake up lately.,..miss my morning classes,..and my head is aching as if my skull is broken...

how can I recover?
someone pls help me
Old 07-09-2008, 03:51 AM
An old dog

You may need some serious "cardio" type exercise. Sex is one of the best. Most folks I know sleep better after.

Joke: Doctor asks woman if she smokes after sex. Woman answers "I've never looked." Yes, its an old joke.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:32 AM
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Kzirb
Quote:
Originally Posted by tralne View Post
sleeplessness...

that's my currunt problem...
when I want to sleep,diffrent kinds of thoughts disturb my mind...so I m not getting a good sleep.I forced my self to sleep,I promised my self that I wont think any thing while I sleep,it stresses my mind more.and that 's not working either.

This problem is very disguisting..due to this,I wake up lately.,..miss my morning classes,..and my head is aching as if my skull is broken...

how can I recover?
someone pls help me
For future reference, it's called insomnia.

I used to have this problem frequently. Like Bobbo said, physical exhaustion is a good way to defeat this problem. Also, watch what types of foods you consume before bed, and more specifically, don't consume any foods with high protein, caffeine, or alcohol. If this doesn't help, I would try something that releases anxiety. Perhaps meditation, a warm shower, receiving a massage, drinking Kava tea, or the consumption of hops through smoking or brewing (though I haven't tried this one yet).

I also think that stress can cause this problem, and even if it doesn't, it's always good to try to find ways to reduce stress. Stress is the #1 killer I'm tellin' ya.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:58 AM

thanks both of you..

Quote:
I used to have this problem frequently. Like Bobbo said, physical exhaustion is a good way to defeat this problem. Also, watch what types of foods you consume before bed, and more specifically, don't consume any foods with high protein, caffeine, or alcohol.
I used to drink a cup o f tea late in th e evening...so I'll try to avoid it..

Quote:
I also think that stress can cause this problem, and even if it doesn't, it's always good to try to find ways to reduce stress. Stress is the #1 killer I'm tellin' ya.
[/quote]

ya ,I have much stress now a days..But don't know how to avoid it..
Old 07-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Veteran

If you're mind is not you're friend nowadays, try focussing on you're body. Like said before, try exercising. Get into a sport, or just run a couple of laps around you're house every evening. It's not just tiring, but you're mind wil, usually, actually calm down when you are exercising.
You could offcourse also try and smoke some weed about an hour before you go to bed. But that is in most situations not a viable option.

Fucking yourself silly always works too...but im guessing that if that option was available to you it would have been tried allready.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:33 PM
done

great advice!

i would agree to all of it.

whats funny tho, is my brother and i would try to do 'allnighters' where we would try to stay up all night and watch the sun come up. we would keep tellin ourselves 'stay awake, stay awake' and usually we would be dead asleep by midnight.

so i would think in this case the mind is a child and reverse psychology almost always works on children.

good luck tralne, im sorry yer goin thru this
Old 07-09-2008, 02:16 PM

thanks durin and thanks stillpond..
I think I 'll have a good sleep tonight...
Old 07-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Veteran

Hahaha, now you're making us curious. What exciting method will you use?
Old 07-09-2008, 03:44 PM
done

heh heh
nice durin!

how bout it tralne,
which will it be??
Old 07-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Veteran

Probably just running a few laps around the house..

But I'll be pleasantly surprised to learn that you bought leather straps, a mask, a baseball bat, olive oil, a bottle of tequilla, 2 ounces of weed and rented a room with a high ceiling.

Aaaahh...fun times...
Old 07-09-2008, 04:14 PM
done

you sic fuck!

*Stilly hopes what was said, other than running laps will become a reality*

Old 07-10-2008, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by durin
Probably just running a few laps around the house..
Old 07-10-2008, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durin
Hahaha, now you're making us curious. What exciting method will you use?
Quote:
used to have this problem frequently. Like Bobbo said, physical exhaustion is a good way to defeat this problem. Also, watch what types of foods you consume before bed, and more specifically, don't consume any foods with high protein, caffeine, or alcohol

I consume carbohydrate rich food at night,and starts to avoid the late evening black tea.(It had become a habit..but yesterday I manage to not to drink it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kribz
If this doesn't help, I would try something that releases anxiety. Perhaps meditation, a warm shower, receiving a massage, drinking Kava tea, or the consumption of hops through smoking or brewing
I think , the reason for my problem is anxiety..so I prefer meditation of mind..
(yesterday ,though I slept so late,yet I didn't missed my morning classes,and headache is not there now..)
Old 07-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Veteran

Sleeplessness can have alot to do with stress. Sometimes love can provoke this as well. Eliminating stress from your relationship in this case should be a must. If it has turned into something abusive naturally it will cause stress. So, let your partner know your having sleeplessness issues. If he cares he will try to help you sleep like buying you Sleepy time tea, taking you to the doctor himself, and he could take you out and bring you home early so you do not lose to much sleep like before twelve or something.
A boyfriend for example who knows about this in his sweet heart can ask you a few times a week things like " Sweetie have you been getting enough sleep this week"? Then, to even check to see if your telling the truth he could say something like,"Okay, I believe you but just to check tell me what you dreamed last night?" A dear friend lost all her sleeplessness symptoms so well that even when she'd argue with her boyfriend he made it clear that he wanted her to sleep as much as possible. If anything if the relationship doesn't work they certainly will remain friends.

In my case while working a full-time job and studying at night I had this issue. Especially before tests. Plus to boot I gained so much weight in a few years I was terribly miserable with my appearance even. I went to the doctor, my job gave me time off to recuperate, and would you believe i actually lost those 70 extra pounds. Yeah! That's alot of weight to lose, okay! Sleeplessness still gets me sometimes. I try jogging, and other physical activities like exercising. I watch my diet carefully because I want the ideal weigh for my height. Of course if I lose another 70 I'd become anorexic. So, dieting now is not such a drastic burden ; but it could come back. It is alot easier to diet now like a piece of cake (No carelessness is necessary.) The tendency to be bulemic needs to be controlled foooooor eeeeeeever!

Thanks for reading.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Veteran

Maybe I will post my update picture sometime. Only I do not trust it for other reasons.

People use those pictures for other things>>>so watch out for that one.

Thank you.