FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Philosophy > General Philosophy

Greetings!

General Philosophy Thought-provoking, philosophical discussions.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Veteran

Gods trainer wheels....

Saw God the other day. Looked a little down. Said he was going to change his laws of the universe again to keep us guessing.....

Look, this is philosophy 1-2-3. God does not change. He does not get angry. He does not brag about Job with devils. (She is going to be pissed.... )
He does not make covenants with ants (opps I mean humans).

If God changed that would imply God required something. Needed something. Desired something. That in turn implies God is neither omnicient or omnipotent/all powerful. It would mean God depends on something external for His happiness. If God were a mind and thought like we do in time and space it would mean God was more ignorant in the past than He is now. Again it implies God is not omniscient. All this is garbage. God does not change. God is not a mind. God does not make bets with devils and brag and all that CRAP. These are just your funny little dreams. Another attempt to put God in a box. Look at your left elbow. See what is wrong with it? No? Keep looking -you WILL. ALL things with boundaries (forms) have limitations including your elbow. If you look hard enough at anything, you will find something wrong with it. Same with your attempt to stick God in a box and judge Him. It is YOU who are pretty funny.

All such attempts to dumb God down to being an ignorant mind like yourself are humorous ego-conceit. It shows your stupidity in this case as well as any idiot-brain that has any background in philosophy whatsoever would know/it doesn't even take religious experience. No wonder atheists slap you around like there is no tomorrow. You believe in the tooth fairy, changing Gods etc.

If you have not had SR, you have a theory of God. That's it. Not much. You can always hang it up in the bathroom for when you run out of tolilet paper. How do you think so many religions and philosphies came about in the world? It is because minds cram experiences into boxes and when they attempt to do so with God we get all kinds of GARBAGE/lots of idiot-brain things in the name of religion. But we are NOT all the same. If you were SR, you could not even THINK about putting God in a box let alone tell me you have done so. But even ignorant PHILOSOPHERS know better than you. That puts you about as knowledgable of God as that stuff I wipe off my shoe now and then.
You think that we are all the same. We can all have a theory of God. Everyone's theory is as good as the next. WRONG. You TELL on yourself with this kind of idiot-brain nonsense.

When all these saints like Jesus became Enlightened and attempted to convey their Knowledge to the world, the world stuffed God in a box and each religion has their own peculiar shape. Your box is as good as all the other boxes. In that respect you are the same. Your box is as good as anyone elses but don't tell me about your box I will kick your butt. Commiserate with the other box-believers. Take a vote on the best box of the day and make your box the most real for the day..... Of course that is subject to change.......but hell, your god changes (he has trainer wheels/learns) so who cares? Besides, I bet your box could win.

Since you believe in this nonsense/take your box seriously, and all boxes are equally valid on your account, maybe we could vote on karma and reincarnation and make them real or not......

WCYHN (Without Concentration You Have Nothing)
Mike Dubbeld
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Advanced

Hmmmmm...what's SR?
Old 08-11-2006, 03:38 AM
Interhuman Symbiosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Dubbeld
You TELL on yourself with this kind of idiot-brain nonsense.
No, I think that is exactly what you are doing when you rant like this. If you were truely Self Realised (that's what SR means Fred) none of what others claimed would really affect you as you would be aware of why they say what they say and gently attempt to help them to the next stages etc. If you were actually self realised you would know that your ego born anger were a serious disturbance that indicated a closed mindedness rather than an open mindedness - A person who experienced SR would address this immediately as the fault it is in rationality.

Mike, it is you who lack concentration if you have not really defeated your ego and yet think you have - go back inside yourself and examine your soul with eyes that are open to your own foulness and see where the repairs need to be made, your rose coloured glasses should be thrown away and never used to view yourself. You have issues born of pride, vanity, envy and anger - these are referred to as deadly sins for a reason, they are potential killers if left unchecked, as a friend I suggest you check them and see what is inspiring such tirades as evidenced above, they help your Yogic recruitment efforts not at all.

You are ill Mike - go and see your Yogic guru and explain these events to them and they may be able to ease your spiritual pain - seriously.

Thucydides
Old 08-11-2006, 03:40 AM
Symptom of the Universe

He needs lithium not more yoghurt.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:21 AM
Veteran

This post is specifically for Ben who is another FC idiot that thinks he knows what SR is. Can't even spell Kundalini. How many years did you spend practicing yoga under a guru idiot brain. Anyone that talks like you do simply tells on himself. God does not do things. There is no mind-like understanding that can result in SR. Nor any FC popularity votes. Your an idiot.

Mike Dubbeld
Old 08-11-2006, 05:23 AM
Administrator

Why is god capitalized?
Old 08-11-2006, 05:27 AM
Advanced

Why is god capitalized?[B][/b]

Because there's a full stop just preceding it? (Not sure there's meant to be, though.)
Old 08-11-2006, 05:56 AM
Interhuman Symbiosis

The word God is a name and names begin with capitals, it is also respect.

Thucydides
Old 08-11-2006, 06:08 AM
Interhuman Symbiosis

This post is specifically for Mike Dubbeld - You're an idiot brain! HAHAHAHA! Idiot LOL. Grow-up Mike. There is no battle of the God's Mike - God is God and we may never know how God is God - so what, faith in God is enough. Stop giving yourself away - I see you Mike and you are not SR, that is obvious, come see me sometime and I'll lead you through it - for real this time. OK?

Thucydides
Old 08-11-2006, 06:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
The word God is a name and names begin with capitals, it is also respect.
Naturally. But, respect is something that is given to some "one" who "depends on something external for His happiness."
Old 08-11-2006, 06:21 AM
Advanced

The word God is a name and names begin with capitals, it is also respect. [Burkhill]

Does that mean that unicorn should in fact be Unicorn? Then again, I suppose fictional characters, say in novels, have capitalized names. Yes. I'm converted. God God God. Mickey Mouse. Joseph K.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:32 AM
Administrator

Is god a "character" or an abstract concept?
Old 08-11-2006, 06:45 AM
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromiceius
Is god a "character" or an abstract concept?
Both, although I believe it is a proper noun in this case, which is reason for capatalization.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:45 AM
Addicted

I just called God "it". I must now be smote.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickledpoppy
Both, although I believe it is a proper noun in this case, which is reason for capatalization.
I guess I could check, but that would mean reading mike dubbeld's post again.