FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Philosophy > Religion

Greetings!

Religion Discussions on religions, mysticism, and spirituality as well as opposing views such as agnosticism and atheism.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Classic Misfit

Aliens not God!

I just heard about this guy, Erich von Däniken. He's got it all figured out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaJgsxFX_mE
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2007, 06:14 PM
snarf

Micheal Tsarion talks a lot about alternative histories. He says these god's created civilizations on earth and warred with one another.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:39 PM
sailor

von Danikan`s ideas were refuted many years ago. I hope we don't have to go through this silly nonsense again.Orphism which was around in the first century CE had the story that the Titans ,who were the ancestors of humans, had slain and eaten the gods who walked the earth at that time.it seems that in many cases the fantasy writers resurrect the old stories.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Siksikawa at 45%,SOooo?

I kinda like the idea of previous visits. Native Indian Lore has some wild shit! I mean it, and folks find old stuff put it in the news and claim it as a discovery
then get paid. I mean getting paid for finding something that's been sitting there for 9,000 years is whack...How about this, finding a dog bone thats been sitting there for 150,000,000 years. A hundred and fifty million years!

My problem is we have gone from walking to the corner store to walking on the moon. In under a hundred years.

The communication media is off the charts in evolution. Do you know it isn't safe to buy any main frame communication device today. Why? in 18 months it is half the price and won't even interface with the new gadgets. Damnnn I still have windows 98 in a BOX!. Before I opened it using 95, Millenium came out already loaded. Windows 2000 lasted 4 months then they got rid of 3 inch floppys after I bought an external disk reader as my new laptop didn't have a slot for it!.
CD's became DVD and DVD re-writes with 9 layers or progressive DVD readers made half the shit I just made useless. Damnnnnnnnnnn.

I think the Aliens are already here and when ever they need some spending change they pop open a new Pandora's Box.
I bought my boy an IPOD a few months I didn't get the cable for whatever and it is still in the BOX..what does he want instead! An IPnone!
You can't even get 20% of the cost of an 80 gig IPOD at the Pawn Shop???heheheh.
I mean it, it ain't safe to buy any electronic media toys (That's what they are).
You got any electronic faux pas????????????????
Old 12-15-2007, 12:27 AM
Advanced toddler

Quest on eating gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest
the Titans ,who were the ancestors of humans, had slain and eaten the gods who walked the earth at that time.it seems that in many cases the fantasy writers resurrect the old stories.
Well, why wouldn't someone want to do that! What a good idea! Fanttasising about eating such specialities! Yum, god on toast! Or what about roast god, the ultimate Christmas dinner! They'd be bound to taste much nicer than any other meat.

Or maybe the gods could be made of a special kind of sweet tasty essence, so you could scoop bits off them and put them in porrige and things. Or maybe they'd taste like sugar, so you could keep god essence in a jar once you'd captured some of it, and have teaspoonsful of god in tea and coffee.
Praise
Mental health
Old 12-15-2007, 12:33 AM
modal realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom
. . . yeah , I read one of his books , actualy it's : " My world in pictures " , . . .very interesting book , full of very interesing photos that he took from , all over the world , . . . must say that some photos are realy ' desturbing ' , . . . you start asking : Realy , where did they ( ancient people ) saw this , . . . how they know that , . . . and similar , . . . mean , maybe there's some truth in what he said . . .

NOTHING CAN ESCAPE FROM BEING SOMETHING
Old 12-15-2007, 02:37 AM
Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
[/url]
My first reading of this book got me worried and confused. Now I just like the theme song of it. There are no Aliens - we are it - the most scary thought of all.

That we are superior on this planet due to Aliens is foolish. Fact is, even Angelic beings are in awe of humans - but we take ourselves for granted. We become amaxed when a monkey mimicks a human and does some tricks, or when a peacock displays its colors and performs a dance. But this grace comes to its peak only with humanity. There is nothing in the universe which equals the grace of a human dance or gymnastic, or a song or a good soccer game - no alien or other life form can do it. Even the Pizza man flipping his dough cannot be emulated by a lion or a dolphin: all life forms are awkward and contrived when compared to humans.

And these human traits cannot be developed by 'ADAPTATION' or 'NATURAL SELECTION" - else millions of life forms, which predate humans - would long ago have surpassed humans: and humans - the most recent life - would be the least developed today. Because those traits, according to Genesis, are the result of humans being NATURAL SELECTEES.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:30 AM
Siksikawa at 45%,SOooo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJoseph
My first reading of this book got me worried and confused. Now I just like the theme song of it. There are no Aliens - we are it - the most scary thought of all.

That we are superior on this planet due to Aliens is foolish. Fact is, even Angelic beings are in awe of humans - but we take ourselves for granted. We become amaxed when a monkey mimicks a human and does some tricks, or when a peacock displays its colors and performs a dance. But this grace comes to its peak only with humanity. There is nothing in the universe which equals the grace of a human dance or gymnastic, or a song or a good soccer game - no alien or other life form can do it. Even the Pizza man flipping his dough cannot be emulated by a lion or a dolphin: all life forms are awkward and contrived when compared to humans.

And these human traits cannot be developed by 'ADAPTATION' or 'NATURAL SELECTION" - else millions of life forms, which predate humans - would long ago have surpassed humans: and humans - the most recent life - would be the least developed today. Because those traits, according to Genesis, are the result of humans being NATURAL SELECTEES.
Humans are savage beast. Slower than any other two leged animal. Grace. have you ever seen a Gibbon do gymnastics? Stength! A gorilla can bench press a Rhino!, Smart! The average mouse out wits the smartest families. Engineering. In 33,000 years we still can't out build a termite or bridge a stream better than a soldier ant. Water conservation and damming. The average Beaver makes the Hoover Dam look like a sandcastle. Cunning. A small wolverine can take out an elk.
Our savagery is why we out rank the rest of GOD's gang. Our minds are capable of a lot of things but whales communicate 60 miles apart and follow directions. Dolphins talk right back to you and if it weren't for the thumb grasping ability their IQ's would be a lot higher.
We have developed protection devices because we are so frail compared to the common cock roach in speed and strength its ashame. We die below 25 degrees and above 110 whats that 80 degree range??
Don't pat us on the back too soon my friend..A swarm of grass hoppers took out Egypt and a Flea took out Europe.
Mind your place at the top and be diligent always you ain't that far from saying good bye to yourself....keep on taking our position gained through killing everything else, to the point that all we have left is to kill is each other.
You need not brag and feel swell headed when all of this knowledge is why some of us are about to be exterminated the way we exterminated, and for the same reasons.
No other species in animal life does this.
Ants do the same territorial genocide that People do. Bacteriae do the same genocidal things. As mamals we are the only ones that kill for sport and claim this land is mine. Land belongs to everyone and no one. 1

Last edited by MAD1; 12-15-2007 at 07:37 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Classic Misfit

Ok, good. What about these ancient petroglyph drawings? Certainly these predate the Jews. In Utah non the less, not Egypt.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Classic Misfit

What else other than aliens would scribble and have 6 toes and what looks like cursive writing? They even have wheels before they were invented. Animals and ladders and a football goal. Men hunting on horses and animal skin rugs.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:59 PM
sailor

humans are biased by nature to see patterns where they do not in reality exist. Therefore, the very careful when somebody points out patterns that are difficult to understand. Remember Occam's razor that simple explanations are probably correct. Postulating aliens does not make sense in that context.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Siksikawa at 45%,SOooo?

Quote:
What else other than aliens would scribble and have 6 toes and what looks like cursive writing? They even have wheels before they were invented. Animals and ladders and a football goal. Men hunting on horses and animal skin rugs.

Hi Blossom..I can read this drawing if you would like me to?

You have to know the pattern of events. A picture is worth a thousand words.
Remember that you think in English and the english language doesn't have words for a color you haven't seen yet. So if I say "whurpea" the name of a color you have never seen you must take it as a "phonetic" word. Phonetic alphabets could contain two pictures and "tell" a story ten pages long or represent an exact item.

This picture (lets treat this as one picture, actually it is several accounts) is read from right to left. This goes across and only applies to the top one/third going completely across.
The far right upper most is the start ( the rest of this picture are other messages for other Shaman!) ...too make this quick. The visitor came in a rolling vehicle..he looked large because he was wearing a suit that had antennae on a helmet the size indicates the importance more than the actual deminsion. The visitor took his suit off and helped in many concerns..hunting..trapping..The path or the foot like phonetic words indicate they were taught basic flight or gliding from point to point (remember this was a mountain region and one could climb up and glide down get to the other side and climb up and glide back). The flying squirrel like objects far to the left are what the results of the teachings indicate. If you notice the visitor left in a space ship of sorts far left middle but his foot's path leads to gliding onto the hunting ground as an eagle does. See the flying squirrel like symbols that ends this chapter.? If you take a large skin and tie it to your feet and hands, extend your arms and legs you can glide to the ground, not unlike a hanggliding or realy cool flying squirrel..but mostly a bat who lived in the same cave.
SOOOOO. in summary: This shows a visitor rode onto the scene, taught everyone a few things about hunting , taught them how to surprise the game by gliding into the heard instead of stalking them and trying to catch them on horse back..got back into his vehicle (he went north meaning UP) and left them with a new knowledge of hanggliding into the midst of game.
These phonetic notes are not documented in tablets and the reason they are etched in stone out of reach is so that it wouldn't be bothered by regular folks .
This map lets say, was meant for other Shaman as a point of reference.
I am not looking for an argument from any of you , I am not looking for you to prove or disprove what I tell you. If you find it interesting maybe you will look at the picture using the formula I have offered and make your own story. Just free your mind of English words and gather the pictures think of a three year old drawing mommy and daddy. This not rocket science or is it???
Old 12-15-2007, 10:42 PM
modal realist

Quote:
Aliens not God!
. . . where the hell did this * life * on Earth came from ? , . . . is it from here ( 1. an accidend on one paticulary place / bang here , bang there and > a "" ~ contact ~ "" , . . . 2 . a normal event , occured all over becouse of the certain weather conditions ) , or perhaps from the outside , by some intelligent alien beings , . . . how interesting idea , . . . , outside - inside - outside - inside , . . . . . . , but actualy , does it realy matter ? ! , . . . the real question is : How the life ' itself ' starts ? , . . . , if intelligent alien beings are responsible for our existence ( for the begining of life here ) , through some weird experiments they were performing , who's responsible for their , . . . mean , maybe one race ( civilization ) can create another , throwing some " holy water " all over the " suitable " planet or similar , . . . but again > who created that one , . . .

. . . one more thing about aliens : we all can imagine " outside life - aliens " on many different ways using our imagination , but actualy , , . . . the problem is - we're all effected by the / elements / of realty that surrounds us , so you may imagine an alien ( Alien , Predator , creatures from Star Wars , etc. , . . . ) , but he'll always look a little bit on existing forms , . . . ( you can't imagine something you didn't see ) , . . . , no matter how hard you try , he'll always be in some way , in some part - similar to already existing " things " , . . .

. . . p.s. > maybe one big part of the universe is a " alive " ( or even bigger - , . . . , entire ), mean literally , . . . but , . . .

. . . this is the picture ( I hope it's authentic ) , from the book I read , that drawed my attention mostly > > >

. . . so MAD , what do you think of this ? , . . .

Old 12-15-2007, 10:43 PM
modal realist

. . . just rotate your head a little , . . .

Old 12-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Siksikawa at 45%,SOooo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenad[IMG
http://echoesintime.com/images/MYSW001X_A.jpg[/IMG]

. . . so MAD , what do you think of this ? , . . .
By the direction of the face, the nose length, shape of the head plus this particular semi ornamented headband, most of all the podium and the waist band the ankle restraint as well as exposure of the single arm.
I would say it is a Myan tablet. Perhaps found in a ruin . The boarder around the symbol was definately a Myan tradition. and the podium are definately Myan !!! 1