FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Philosophy > General Philosophy

Greetings!

General Philosophy Thought-provoking, philosophical discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-17-2010, 08:05 AM
TruthInArt's Avatar
TruthInArt TruthInArt is offline
ACT Art Reform Tourist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ZION
Posts: 5,016
Blog Entries: 3
The LAW

You know that if everyone set their heart to keeping the ten commands religiously we would have a paradise on earth. Very easy to remember especially since most of you have ten fingers and ten toes. Love your neighbor is easy since when you keep that law you love yourself and love your neighbor if not you hate yourself and hate your neighbor.

Think about it since what has caused contention between humans since Eden but the belief held that "THIS PROPERTY IS MINE: NO TRESPASSERS!" or "Trespassers prosecuted" Who is being a GOD and who is a rival to his hospitality then? All the material in the UNIVERSE is HIS not ours. Why not share it? See that is why wars occur since one party sells and the other buys. When the buyer does not pay or steals from the seller it is death to pay for. Contentions exist because one has and the other has not. When all share the goods and work together to make more then the price falls to nothing and in fact every bit of work you did today ends up as nothing at your death so why bother going to work for mere money?

I do not like trading my time for money any more than you do. Especially to pay bill dollar back to bill dollar after bill dollar sends his bill for payment in dollars. The vicious circle must be brought to an end.

Peat
__________________
Love knowledge of the truth to trust for all eternity that is the BIBLE.
Power to be learning the ways of reason and not the ways of violence.
Wisdom to be acheiving the objective of the predicate of all sentences.
Justice to the poverty stricken nescience the poor children's innocence
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Memnon's Avatar
Memnon Memnon is offline
commander
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: greece
Posts: 273
And God spoke all these words, saying: 'I am the LORD your God…

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.'

SIX: 'You shall not murder.'

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.'

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.'

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'

your going to need a couple more....

especially about economy(taxation) and global warming....

to make earth a paradise....

or and you need to have credit cards with out a credit limit....
__________________
All men fear...
The one who runs away from what he/she fears...
Is the coward...
The one who stays and fights his fears becomes the Hero...

this was how they faced the world alone...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-17-2010, 07:00 PM
PoseidonsNet's Avatar
PoseidonsNet PoseidonsNet is offline
Supermarine
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Africa
Posts: 2,283
What you talk of is Lore,
Law : is the opposite.

Law is what happens when people do not have Lore.

The notion of private property only gains value
because many people have no family values
and just spew children from the loins of poverty
into your house to steal your stuff.

I have come to realise that theft is often the result
of what heathen parents directly teach their children to do.

Which is an analysis i widh i had made many decades ago.
It explains why theft is so rampant, regardless of poverty;
its the direct teaching of the parents.
__________________
The Principles of Flight (in full)
http://www.poseidons.net/flight/Principlesofflight.htm
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-18-2010, 05:20 AM
Mike Dubbeld Mike Dubbeld is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthInArt View Post
You know that if everyone set their heart to keeping the ten commands religiously we would have a paradise on earth.
Thats not true at all. All 3 Abrahamic religions include the 10 commandments leading to lots of wars. The 10 commandments are subject to a huge variety of interpretations. Thou shalt not kill. Soooooooo a sniper in a parking lot has just killed 20 people. The cop should not kill him because thou shalt not kill is in the bible. Maybe he should just let another 20 or 30 die before his rage at the sniper RE-engages his mind and he actually does kill the sniper. The bible is mostly junk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthInArt View Post
Very easy to remember especially since most of you have ten fingers and ten toes. Love your neighbor is easy since when you keep that law you love yourself and love your neighbor if not you hate yourself and hate your neighbor.
Very easy to remember "do it to them before they do it to you". Or The early bird gets the worm until you put your shoes on in the place of the worm where it becomes "The early worm gets the bird."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthInArt View Post
Think about it since what has caused contention between humans since Eden but the belief held that "THIS PROPERTY IS MINE: NO TRESPASSERS!" or "Trespassers prosecuted" Who is being a GOD and who is a rival to his hospitality then? All the material in the UNIVERSE is HIS not ours.
Too bad you don't know the difference betwwen "HIS" and "OURS" in the first instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthInArt View Post
Why not share it?
"You have. I have not. Give it to me or I will kill you." "My religion is right. Your religion is wrong. Die Infidel."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthInArt View Post
See that is why wars occur since one party sells and the other buys. When the buyer does not pay or steals from the seller it is death to pay for. Contentions exist because one has and the other has not. When all share the goods and work together to make more then the price falls to nothing and in fact every bit of work you did today ends up as nothing at your death so why bother going to work for mere money?
"Your share is greater than mine. Give me your share or I will kill you."
Don't go to work. Become an indigent bum and burden society with your ugly ass with welfare and foodstamps and filling up Hospital Emergency rooms with your inability to pay. Beg for your food. Your begging IS work. You should live as well as those that put in 40-60 hours a week working for a living.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthInArt View Post
I do not like trading my time for money any more than you do. Especially to pay bill dollar back to bill dollar after bill dollar sends his bill for payment in dollars. The vicious circle must be brought to an end.
End your life now. The government enslaves you. The people you pay your bills to enslave you. It is all the evil external world that is the problem. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthInArt View Post
Peat
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-18-2010, 06:05 AM
Mike Dubbeld Mike Dubbeld is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,649
Brain in gear before mouth in motion. Simply parroting the bible on FC might clearly result in some people here taking pause but from my perspective it is extremely WEAK. I am not 'out to get' people that believe in the bible. I am out to make them consider researching just exactly how the OT and NT were put together in the first place which to me is AT LEAST as interesting as anything the OT and NT have to say, not the least of which were the Nicene Creed thing and the current surviving 4 out of about 35 gospels that were chosen to be included in the current NT. The fact of the matter is the bible is the only thing that survived in the west/the west has nothing better than some idiotic version of it. Thank God for other reasons to believe in God besides the bible. Lets just see at death if I regret these words. I am betting the Ranch I will not. I don't need any bible mythology any more than I need any Greek mythology or Indian Mythology.

This is the Philosophy forum on FC. Not the Religion forum. As a Jew you should be showing me exact information on things like souls and heaven in the OT (or even NT). I bet you can NOT. Plato invented angels/heaven/judgment/souls and a Demiurge before 300 BC. Judaism and to a large extent Christianity are based on Egyptian "Ressurectianism" - Jesus did not die on the cross to have his soul released from his dead body. No. Jesus was "resurrected" - as in how Pharaoh’s would be resurrected with all the bounty they had buried with them in their tombs. If Moses, David and 'Israel' were alive today they would be thrown in prison for the rest of their lives for the crimes they committed saving their sorry ass's. Heaven in the eyes of the Jews is about heaven on Earth. Holy jews will be 'resurrected' from the grave. Their dead thousands of years old bodies will somehow be restored. Just how the atoms of a dead Jew found in some other living creature will cause its death if removed when the "Son of Man" returns to Earth (They do not believe Jesus was the Son of Man "Descending on the clouds of heaven" like the Christians do) is never clarified. That is - if this was to ever happen TIA just might be a casualty of some holy Jew from a few thousand years ago. Just how funny is THAT.

The only religion WORSE than Judaism is Islam because both compete for idiocy in their literal interpretations of what potentially great prophets might have said. What they said was severely butchered by ordinary people trying to interpret their words using their limited (illiterate for the most part) education. Or it could be the case Earth was visited by Ancient Aliens interpreted by these primitive civilizations as their being gods. This is more believable from my perspective. That said there is NO doubt in my mind of a real/non-fictional God that has little or nothing to do with anything the bible has to say.

People WANT to believe in something greater than themselves and silly religions like found in the bible offer no greater evidence. But that only attests to the DESPARATION for that fact - much like people fantasize about comic book hero’s like superman. It is true there are such hero’s but they are not to be found in the likes of the bible and most other religious literature anymore than they are to be found in comic books. It is RIGHT to believe there IS a GOD because there IS. I guarantee you this is true even though I blast the major religions. People interested in finding the answers to Who they are. Where they are going/happens to them at death. What the purpose of life is. What principles should govern their lives should be reading YOGIC literature. This is also fraught with ambiguity and peril however it opens the door for your discovery of the answer to these questions. The bible and other such idiotic scriptures is what you do when you have nothing else.

Can't Wait to be 'judged'. Looking forward to it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-18-2010, 06:58 AM
TruthInArt's Avatar
TruthInArt TruthInArt is offline
ACT Art Reform Tourist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ZION
Posts: 5,016
Blog Entries: 3
Para Dice?

I purposely put this in philosophy since a philosophy of CHRIST is the subject in need of predication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthInArt View Post
You know that if everyone set their heart to keeping the ten commands religiously we would have a paradise on earth. Very easy to remember especially since most of you have ten fingers and ten toes. Love your neighbor is easy since when you keep that law you love yourself and love your neighbor if not you hate yourself and hate your neighbor.

Think about it since what has caused contention between humans since Eden but the belief held that "THIS PROPERTY IS MINE: NO TRESPASSERS!" or "Trespassers prosecuted" Who is being a GOD and who is a rival to his hospitality then? All the material in the UNIVERSE is HIS not ours. Why not share it? See that is why wars occur since one party sells and the other buys. When the buyer does not pay or steals from the seller it is death to pay for. Contentions exist because one has and the other has not. When all share the goods and work together to make more then the price falls to nothing and in fact every bit of work you did today ends up as nothing at your death so why bother going to work for mere money?

I do not like trading my time for money any more than you do. Especially to pay bill dollar back to bill dollar after bill dollar sends his bill for payment in dollars. The vicious circle must be brought to an end.

Peat
Also I am a student of history and one of the few fragments of history before the CHRIST is the Hebrew Scriptures. Ignore them at your peril. The LAW is/was/will be a TUTOR leading to CHRIST. Our obligation is simply to love our enemies and loving them does not mean killing them MD.

As my spirit is my attitude the way I walk, the way I gesture and the way I speak. Note with special attention verse 20:5 where it says those hating me suffer to a small number of generations and that four generations have passed since world war 1. those who LOVE the GOD of the CHRIST have that is hold a hope of good government via the "KINGDOM OF GOD" a government that exists where their will be no more suffering and no more pain. That point I treat as a "POLITICAL PROMISE" and since it impossible for HA'WAH to lie he being the entity who existed before all things existed and the very kind maker of the will. The will to fight tyranny in its many forms from bashers to verbals is the same old Cain killed Abel condition of envy/ jealousy/ rivalry/ contentiousness/ covetousness or any one of the synonyms for the same in any language group you care to name.

HA'WAH is a jealous GOD and it is simply an undeserved kindness that anyone exists to have a goal to reach out to. Monetary goals and the vain display of ones means of life sure have taken their toll. The bell of probability curves of the statisticians here comes to mind. Mean and standard deviations from the norm in the sampling of a population come to mind. As I said since their is ONE GOD then it logically follows that the possibility exists that we are all together ONE MAN under ONE LAW which is the law of conscience or loving kindness. Every thing has a name for its kind of thing. Tree is a name for a kind of thing. What tree then the tree of mankind or the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?

Like I said Paradise on earth is possible but only when all men are jealous for the same thing which is to love the same principles that our heavenly father loves and be jealous in our everyday observance of them. As you yourself said it is one thing to have a law it is another thing to live by that code governing your let alone all human behavior. As I read the text I agree with Derrida that "after the text there is nothing" that is nothing but the memory of the reading of it and the putting of what was learned into action.

Just think that a society composed of members who can control themselves after that fashion would be the most powerful government ever witnessed. Self Control being the operative word in the operative word that would mean a end of this present day lawless society with its attendant police state mentality. Sin is lawlessness said Paul, please find below the perfect law and write it on the tablet of your heart. A good heart is one that remembers and does everything as written. A simple Yes or no answer is sufficient answer to accept or deny the positive or negative.

PEAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by King James Bible
20:1 And God spake all these words, saying, 20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 20:5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. 20:13 Thou shalt not kill. 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery. 20:15 Thou shalt not steal. 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s. 20:18 And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off. 20:19 And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.
__________________
Love knowledge of the truth to trust for all eternity that is the BIBLE.
Power to be learning the ways of reason and not the ways of violence.
Wisdom to be acheiving the objective of the predicate of all sentences.
Justice to the poverty stricken nescience the poor children's innocence
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-20-2010, 07:10 AM
Mike Dubbeld Mike Dubbeld is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,649
Can't wait for my physical body to expire. I deny most of the bible. The bible is about as valid as Greek/Egyptian/Babalonian or Indian mythology. Its a joke. Most significantly I am not an atheist. Afterlife/soul/God/Judgement/Angels are all true. Just not the silly ass way as depicted in the bible/quaran or torah and other silly ass mythology. Lets just see what happens to who with what they believe TIA. I feel sorry for you. Do not feel sorry for me. I am obligated to trash the Abrahmaic religions for the same reason someone that sees something that is false has to step up and say so. Quoting something from the bible to me is about as meaningful as quoting from spiderman. I want you to think about how it is that someone could be in a position to risk saying such a thing. Who exactly would risk such a thing? Does it not make much more sense to not do so than risk the hell of the bible. Who exactly is it would DARE to say the sorts of things that I do? You just think about that and recollect the number of people you have ever seen in your life with the balls to do so. All the GUESSING you and other people have to do for me is pretty funny. Glad I do not have to waste all that time in my life with that. I don't really care what other people think about the subject. Good for them like you. People should have something to believe in and your could do far worse than believing in the bible.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-20-2010, 08:36 PM
PoseidonsNet's Avatar
PoseidonsNet PoseidonsNet is offline
Supermarine
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Africa
Posts: 2,283
people have non-lethal darts
that can render a massive animal unconscious in seconds,
surely better to just take out the sniper without killing him
if you have such things?

but if you have a bloodlust
then such ideas
do not begin to occur to you

and even when they do
they are ignored

:-|
__________________
The Principles of Flight (in full)
http://www.poseidons.net/flight/Principlesofflight.htm
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-21-2010, 05:45 AM
Mike Dubbeld Mike Dubbeld is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,649
This message is hidden because PoseidonsNet is on your ignore list.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-21-2010, 06:43 AM
TruthInArt's Avatar
TruthInArt TruthInArt is offline
ACT Art Reform Tourist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ZION
Posts: 5,016
Blog Entries: 3
The Salt

I do not know if you have ever seen a situation where there is a vicious circle. I will illustrate one for you just so you know what one is. The practices of common law when one of the members too the agreement do not live up to their agreement. The tragedy of the commons is illustrated by the story of the twelve sheep shared by four men on a plot of ground that can support 12 sheep. Each holds the right to pasture 3 sheep but one man decides to pasture four which leads to 13 sheep on the common ground. More than the ground can support and so the problem of envy geed and revenge. I hope that point is clear. Especially in these difficult times where more people and less food is becoming an ever increasing problem. It seems to me that the vicious circle can be made to end simply by control of desire for more. At present the situation with materialism looks like a sailor lost at sea has drunk the sea water and is in the last stage of madness and why? He can never be satisfied and ever get enough to drink.

Where is the LAW then? It is where it always was with the individual to protect. When all men are true to Jesus Father then and only then will war cease and not before. Loyalty and trust NOW where did we lose that? Can you please help me find the keys they appear to of been lost somewhere back in history.

PEAT
__________________
Love knowledge of the truth to trust for all eternity that is the BIBLE.
Power to be learning the ways of reason and not the ways of violence.
Wisdom to be acheiving the objective of the predicate of all sentences.
Justice to the poverty stricken nescience the poor children's innocence
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-23-2010, 04:28 AM
Mike Dubbeld Mike Dubbeld is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,649
Laws are necessary evils for people to exist together. There is nothing divine about any sort of laws. By observing laws and enabling survival you can also use those same laws as a spiritual tool to muster willpower to turn inward. It is typical for someone so confused to use things like laws (social agreements among ego-personalities) as something divine. The notion is that we all need each other. The fact of the matter is the more you are attached to physical things and conditions in the world the more suffering you will incure in it. A typical example taught in the US is that it is only when a village of many work together to dig a deep well for water that survival is possible whereas each individual would die of thirst attempting to dig their own well. But like I said, cooperation for mutal survival is a necessity. Not divine. It is a practical matter only. Lichens are a combination of microscopic life acting in symbiotic ways for mutual survial of both. Nothing to do with divinity. Simply a practical matter. Your popularity has nothing to do with how spiritual you are. Just like everyone else you are going to spend countless lifetimes identifying the very fact that you are a slave to the universe and your freedom from it requires a major detachment FROM it. Only we can free ourselves from Maya. That you have a majority of people that agree with you on something does not make what you say true. Only after many incarnations does a person come to slowly realize they are not their ego-mind personality and in fact this very thing is as separate and distinct an entity as a tree or toaster. Not you at all. Nor are you your set of beliefs and other funny ideas. After being disappointed over and over again the jiva (bound soul) begins to turn more and more inward instead of outward to the external universe for answers - weary of ego-mind personality dreams.

The idea of a covenant in the bible is a major flaw with the bible. As though God feels the need for any such thing. A relationship with humans. Its all about your relationship with God ostensibly seen as your superficial worship in the external world as being proof of your superior spiritual useless ass. yaaaahhhhoooooooo!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-23-2010, 08:22 PM
leouna's Avatar
leouna leouna is offline
Princess/Knight
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Colorado, Oregon
Posts: 5,437
Send a message via Yahoo to leouna
To understand the law where you live, check out the Bar, where you live.

This is another reason to respect indigenous rights.
__________________
friedrich-wilhelm Rita jane Hill richard alan sethre von Habsburg,
Princess/Knight of the Golden Fleece
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-24-2010, 05:13 AM
TruthInArt's Avatar
TruthInArt TruthInArt is offline
ACT Art Reform Tourist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ZION
Posts: 5,016
Blog Entries: 3
The RAW

We are all natives to the constitution called "The Golden Rule" the ideal.
We were indigenous to common law called "The Ten Commands" rational.
We indignant to statute law called " eye for eye, tooth for tooth" empirical.
Wee, Wee, Wee over the razor blade of history rolls a slug at the subliminal.



Peat
__________________
Love knowledge of the truth to trust for all eternity that is the BIBLE.
Power to be learning the ways of reason and not the ways of violence.
Wisdom to be acheiving the objective of the predicate of all sentences.
Justice to the poverty stricken nescience the poor children's innocence
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-24-2010, 06:51 AM
Mike Dubbeld Mike Dubbeld is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,649
I am sure all this means something to someone somewhere. What I say I can back up by gurus. Not tinybopper 3'rd graders born recently. Out of here.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-24-2010, 07:45 AM
TruthInArt's Avatar
TruthInArt TruthInArt is offline
ACT Art Reform Tourist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ZION
Posts: 5,016
Blog Entries: 3
Grade 3 LAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Dubbeld View Post
I am sure all this means something to someone somewhere. What I say I can back up by gurus. Not tinybopper 3'rd graders born recently. Out of here.
ot eat solid food.

That is the state of present date statute law. "Eye for Eye, tooth for Tooth" A society that is blind and cannot eat solid food.
Grade 2 LAW is the ten commands which boils down too do not envy your neighbors possessions. Failed on that count too.
Grade 1 Law is "The Golden Rule" Love your neighbor as yourself"

Failed on that count so therefore MANKIND lives in VAIN. It seems nobody is true and no one is to be trusted until they get to at the very least GRADE ONE. A/BxB/A=won.

PEAT
__________________
Love knowledge of the truth to trust for all eternity that is the BIBLE.
Power to be learning the ways of reason and not the ways of violence.
Wisdom to be acheiving the objective of the predicate of all sentences.
Justice to the poverty stricken nescience the poor children's innocence
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TEN COMMANDMENTS OF CONSCIOUSNESS global The Mind 12 07-10-2010 06:28 AM
WHAT'S UP DOC? IamJoseph Religion 8 10-21-2008 12:03 PM
Book of shame Kris Religion 8 04-01-2008 02:31 PM
Origin of yhwh founded Kris Religion 15 02-08-2008 03:33 AM
What do Frostcloudians Really Want? musicman30mm Opinion Polls 206 01-21-2008 05:07 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:12 AM.



Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright © 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited
Hosted and Maintained by The IceStorm Network