FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Politics > Politics and World Events

Greetings!

Politics and World Events A place for all you liberals, conservatives, and even radicals.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:42 PM
Pseudo-skeptical Spanker!

What you didn't know about the war.

"That he says the plane hit the Pentagon and he was yet to be inside the PEOC"

Cheney...
"I went down into what's call a PEOC, the Presidential Emergency Operations Center...But when I arrived there within a short order, we had word the Pentagon's been hit."
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Interhuman Symbiosis

A very cool compilation - who is the woman giving the speech at the end? Powerful stuff from her.

Thucydides
Old 10-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Pseudo-skeptical Spanker!

I'm not sure but if I find out, I'll let you know.
"That he says the plane hit the Pentagon and he was yet to be inside the PEOC"

Cheney...
"I went down into what's call a PEOC, the Presidential Emergency Operations Center...But when I arrived there within a short order, we had word the Pentagon's been hit."
Old 10-25-2009, 12:38 AM
Child of the Korn.

Send a message via MSN to free tibet
Cool video. Its a shame politicians still aren't listening to public opinion.
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many - they are few.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:57 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dragon Send a message via MSN to Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon
Yes, they are not into that...like how most Americans want less government.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:50 AM
Interhuman Symbiosis

Most people want less government - until you get what you wish for - I seem to recall your nation quite willingly giving up their individual rights to government in the face of that tragic day of the collapse of the twin towers, also in the face of the financial crisis. It seems that in peace we wish for independance but in fear we seek nurturing and over protection - it has always been thus.

Thucydides
Old 10-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dragon Send a message via MSN to Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Burkhill View Post
Most people want less government - until you get what you wish for - I seem to recall your nation quite willingly giving up their individual rights to government in the face of that tragic day of the collapse of the twin towers, also in the face of the financial crisis. It seems that in peace we wish for independance but in fear we seek nurturing and over protection - it has always been thus.
No one was willing, it was taken from us. Do you not understand that? We have leaders in both parties that could give two shits about the citizens of this nation. Sure they say they do, but once in office, rarely do we find a leader/politician that keeps to his principles of what he/she ran for in his campaign. Have we always had this issue? Sure, but does that mean it is right? No.

And your line about less government and most people, sure, most want that but there is some in the public(I can name a few on this board if I wanted to)that want more government.

Our government was set up to be a limited government, not a government that some nations in Europe have...overbearing.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:39 AM
Interhuman Symbiosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
No one was willing, it was taken from us. Do you not understand that?
The sense of 'Homeland Security' was taken from you by the tragedy of the abhorrent '911 terrorist incident' but what followed was a kneejerk reaction based in this fear and capitalised on by the Bush government - your people, same as ours and Britains, demanded more security for your homeland and allowed the implimentation of 'right restrictive policy'.

Quote:
We have leaders in both parties that could give two shits about the citizens of this nation. Sure they say they do, but once in office, rarely do we find a leader/politician that keeps to his principles of what he/she ran for in his campaign. Have we always had this issue? Sure, but does that mean it is right? No.
It's tough being leader, it's much different to how people imagine it should be, the reality is awful.

Quote:
And your line about less government and most people, sure, most want that but there is some in the public(I can name a few on this board if I wanted to)that want more government.
I personally believe that to attain a state of less government you would have to dramatically increase educational standards and reform property law. Now that I could get behind.

Quote:
Our government was set up to be a limited government, not a government that some nations in Europe have...overbearing.
In times of global political and financial stress you'll find that historically most governments upgrade their control - is it because it is necessary?

Thucydides
Old 10-26-2009, 05:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
The sense of 'Homeland Security' was taken from you by the tragedy of the abhorrent '911 terrorist incident' but what followed was a kneejerk reaction based in this fear and capitalised on by the Bush government - your people, same as ours and Britains, demanded more security for your homeland and allowed the implimentation of 'right restrictive policy'.
Well thanks to the last 5 or so presidential administrations, we upped the security and the profiling. Fact is, it is one thing to amp up the security with checkpoints and detectors you walk through, its another(what I am saying here is I agree with you)to start profiling because of a stereotype.

Quote:
It's tough being leader, it's much different to how people imagine it should be, the reality is awful.
Oh I have no issue with leaders changing their view of things on different issues, what my issue is, when they DO change their viewpoint, then tell the ones that voted you in and the ones that did not WHY you changed your thinking or view, at least that is honest. We have way too much dishonest from our leaders.

Quote:
I personally believe that to attain a state of less government you would have to dramatically increase educational standards and reform property law. Now that I could get behind.
I agree to a point with the educational standards, but what do you mean by property reform law?

Quote:
In times of global political and financial stress you'll find that historically most governments upgrade their control - is it because it is necessary?
But it is NOT necessary though, I personally think. PLUS our government was set up to not interfer on the basis of it would make it worse.