FrostCloud Forums  

Go Back   FrostCloud Forums > Politics > Politics and World Events

Greetings!

Politics and World Events A place for all you liberals, conservatives, and even radicals.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-24-2009, 01:42 PM
stundie's Avatar
stundie stundie is offline
Pseudo-skeptical Spanker!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The land of woo, apparently!
Posts: 633
What you didn't know about the war.

__________________
Colonel..
"Cheney never, ever says in that interview that he was in the PEOC with Mineta before the Pentagon crash."
"Cheney is clear in the interview 5 days later that he was still in the corridor when or after 77 hit!"
"That he says the plane hit the Pentagon and he was yet to be inside the PEOC"

Cheney...
"I went down into what's call a PEOC, the Presidential Emergency Operations Center...But when I arrived there within a short order, we had word the Pentagon's been hit."
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 10-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Ben Burkhill's Avatar
Ben Burkhill Ben Burkhill is offline
Interhuman Symbiosis
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The land of Aus
Posts: 8,547
A very cool compilation - who is the woman giving the speech at the end? Powerful stuff from her.
__________________
Self control is the chief element in self respect and self respect is the chief element in courage.

Thucydides
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-24-2009, 02:43 PM
stundie's Avatar
stundie stundie is offline
Pseudo-skeptical Spanker!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The land of woo, apparently!
Posts: 633
I'm not sure but if I find out, I'll let you know.
__________________
Colonel..
"Cheney never, ever says in that interview that he was in the PEOC with Mineta before the Pentagon crash."
"Cheney is clear in the interview 5 days later that he was still in the corridor when or after 77 hit!"
"That he says the plane hit the Pentagon and he was yet to be inside the PEOC"

Cheney...
"I went down into what's call a PEOC, the Presidential Emergency Operations Center...But when I arrived there within a short order, we had word the Pentagon's been hit."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-25-2009, 12:38 AM
free tibet's Avatar
free tibet free tibet is offline
Child of the Korn.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 6,389
Send a message via MSN to free tibet
Cool video. Its a shame politicians still aren't listening to public opinion.
__________________
'Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number,
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many - they are few.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-25-2009, 05:57 AM
Dragon's Avatar
Dragon Dragon is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 29,365
Send a message via AIM to Dragon Send a message via MSN to Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon
Yes, they are not into that...like how most Americans want less government.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-25-2009, 06:50 AM
Ben Burkhill's Avatar
Ben Burkhill Ben Burkhill is offline
Interhuman Symbiosis
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The land of Aus
Posts: 8,547
Most people want less government - until you get what you wish for - I seem to recall your nation quite willingly giving up their individual rights to government in the face of that tragic day of the collapse of the twin towers, also in the face of the financial crisis. It seems that in peace we wish for independance but in fear we seek nurturing and over protection - it has always been thus.
__________________
Self control is the chief element in self respect and self respect is the chief element in courage.

Thucydides
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Dragon's Avatar
Dragon Dragon is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 29,365
Send a message via AIM to Dragon Send a message via MSN to Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Burkhill View Post
Most people want less government - until you get what you wish for - I seem to recall your nation quite willingly giving up their individual rights to government in the face of that tragic day of the collapse of the twin towers, also in the face of the financial crisis. It seems that in peace we wish for independance but in fear we seek nurturing and over protection - it has always been thus.
No one was willing, it was taken from us. Do you not understand that? We have leaders in both parties that could give two shits about the citizens of this nation. Sure they say they do, but once in office, rarely do we find a leader/politician that keeps to his principles of what he/she ran for in his campaign. Have we always had this issue? Sure, but does that mean it is right? No.

And your line about less government and most people, sure, most want that but there is some in the public(I can name a few on this board if I wanted to)that want more government.

Our government was set up to be a limited government, not a government that some nations in Europe have...overbearing.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-26-2009, 04:39 AM
Ben Burkhill's Avatar
Ben Burkhill Ben Burkhill is offline
Interhuman Symbiosis
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The land of Aus
Posts: 8,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
No one was willing, it was taken from us. Do you not understand that?
The sense of 'Homeland Security' was taken from you by the tragedy of the abhorrent '911 terrorist incident' but what followed was a kneejerk reaction based in this fear and capitalised on by the Bush government - your people, same as ours and Britains, demanded more security for your homeland and allowed the implimentation of 'right restrictive policy'.

Quote:
We have leaders in both parties that could give two shits about the citizens of this nation. Sure they say they do, but once in office, rarely do we find a leader/politician that keeps to his principles of what he/she ran for in his campaign. Have we always had this issue? Sure, but does that mean it is right? No.
It's tough being leader, it's much different to how people imagine it should be, the reality is awful.

Quote:
And your line about less government and most people, sure, most want that but there is some in the public(I can name a few on this board if I wanted to)that want more government.
I personally believe that to attain a state of less government you would have to dramatically increase educational standards and reform property law. Now that I could get behind.

Quote:
Our government was set up to be a limited government, not a government that some nations in Europe have...overbearing.
In times of global political and financial stress you'll find that historically most governments upgrade their control - is it because it is necessary?
__________________
Self control is the chief element in self respect and self respect is the chief element in courage.

Thucydides
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-26-2009, 05:34 AM
Dragon's Avatar
Dragon Dragon is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 29,365
Send a message via AIM to Dragon Send a message via MSN to Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Burkhill View Post
The sense of 'Homeland Security' was taken from you by the tragedy of the abhorrent '911 terrorist incident' but what followed was a kneejerk reaction based in this fear and capitalised on by the Bush government - your people, same as ours and Britains, demanded more security for your homeland and allowed the implimentation of 'right restrictive policy'.
Well thanks to the last 5 or so presidential administrations, we upped the security and the profiling. Fact is, it is one thing to amp up the security with checkpoints and detectors you walk through, its another(what I am saying here is I agree with you)to start profiling because of a stereotype.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Burkhill View Post
It's tough being leader, it's much different to how people imagine it should be, the reality is awful.
Oh I have no issue with leaders changing their view of things on different issues, what my issue is, when they DO change their viewpoint, then tell the ones that voted you in and the ones that did not WHY you changed your thinking or view, at least that is honest. We have way too much dishonest from our leaders.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Burkhill View Post
I personally believe that to attain a state of less government you would have to dramatically increase educational standards and reform property law. Now that I could get behind.
I agree to a point with the educational standards, but what do you mean by property reform law?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Burkhill View Post
In times of global political and financial stress you'll find that historically most governments upgrade their control - is it because it is necessary?
But it is NOT necessary though, I personally think. PLUS our government was set up to not interfer on the basis of it would make it worse.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Really Caused World War 2? Violet Spirit Human Society 58 09-07-2008 08:29 PM
YHWH was a powerful alien/doesn't add up... Mike Dubbeld Religion 135 06-06-2008 04:23 AM
BODY COUNT HISTORY LESSONS IamJoseph Religion 2 03-06-2008 12:39 AM
Jewish tradition Kris Religion 71 03-06-2007 12:48 AM
The Israel Lobby theboss Politics and World Events 19 02-23-2007 04:36 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:02 AM.



Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited
Hosted and Maintained by The IceStorm Network